Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #5,582 of 13,134
Hhhmm.. I think mine is already more than 3 years old not sure if it is still under warranty or not..
I'll be surprised if mine is applicable for this. Anyway thanks for the info!

If you didn't blew up the driver then you can always try to claim that as manufacturer's driver failure.

Read this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/shame-on-audeze-buyer-beware-bigtime#post_11278186

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #5,584 of 13,134
  Today I found out my LCD 2 left driver is dead :frowning2:. I've contacted Audeze about servicing/replacing the left driver but I would need to wait until tomorrow or later for their response.
So I just want to check if this happened to anyone in here to get an idea how much would be the cost?

This happened to me in December 2014.  Mine was also out of warranty.  They charged me $410.  The total time turn around time (from shipping to them, to receiving them back) was about 2 weeks.  I had to pay for shipping to them; they paid shipping back to me. 

They replaced both drivers with the latest version (with Fazor and angled metal connectors).  The wood cups are also nicer.  

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #5,585 of 13,134

This happened to me in December 2014.  Mine was also out of warranty.  They charged me $410.  The total time turn around time (from shipping to them, to receiving them back) was about 2 weeks.  I had to pay for shipping to them; they paid shipping back to me. 

They replaced both drivers with the latest version (with Fazor and angled metal connectors).  The wood cups are also nicer.  

How are you finding the fazors?

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #5,586 of 13,134

Hhhmm.. That is quite costly, mine got fazor upgrade in mid last year though. Probably I might think something else for that price but not sure because I like the LCD 2.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #5,587 of 13,134
  How are you finding the fazors?

I like Fazor better than the older LCD-2.2.  It has a bigger soundstage and better details.  However, Fazor version does not sound as warm as the older LCD-2.2.  While the Fazor is nudged more towards neutral, it still retained the smooth midrange and excellent bass that made the older LCD-2.2 famous.  

Hhhmm.. That is quite costly, mine got fazor upgrade in mid last year though. Probably I might think something else for that price but not sure because I like the LCD 2.

Did they upgrade the entire drivers, or did they just add the Fazor?  If they replaced the entire drivers and it failed in just over half a year, be sure to let them know that.  I hope they will give you some discount.  

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #5,589 of 13,134
Since it was being discussed in the last 3 pages, are the vegan pads all pros and no cons? I got a killer deal on new LCD2, but shipped with the leather pads (advertised microsuede).

I think the leather pads look better and I imagine they'd be easier to keep clean/free of oils.  

It always seems to be the left driver that goes out on LCD-2s lol.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #5,591 of 13,134
received my first lcd-2's last week with the vegan pads.
wanted the leather for the optics but they were out.
i am glad now i took the vegans.
very soft and cool.
i even like the look more than leather now.
the only cons is i want to wash my hands before touching it :D

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #5,592 of 13,134

How long did they take to replace them and send them back to you? I had mine sent in to be replaced with Fazor drivers a couple of weeks ago. They quoted a 2-week timeframe so I'm hoping to get them back either later this week or early next week.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #5,593 of 13,134
  How long did they take to replace them and send them back to you? I had mine sent in to be replaced with Fazor drivers a couple of weeks ago. They quoted a 2-week timeframe so I'm hoping to get them back either later this week or early next week.

About two weeks.  Shipping only took 1 day because I live close to their headquarters in southern California. 
If you have not heard back from them after the estimated time frame, I suggest giving them an email (or replay to your original support ticket). 

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #5,594 of 13,134
  About two weeks.  Shipping only took 1 day because I live close to their headquarters in southern California.
If you have not heard back from them after the estimated time frame, I suggest giving them an email (or replay to your original support ticket).

Great, thanks for the info. My dealer sent them out for me, and they would likely have been sent out on Monday January 19, so I'll give it some time. I'm up in Canada so the shipping will likely be a bit longer.

I'm pretty anxious to get mine back, I never thought I would have missed them as much as I do. I'm also looking forward to the more neutral sound the Fazor gives. Mine were LCD-2.2s as well.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #5,595 of 13,134
  I like Fazor better than the older LCD-2.2.  It has a bigger soundstage and better details.  However, Fazor version does not sound as warm as the older LCD-2.2.  While the Fazor is nudged more towards neutral, it still retained the smooth midrange and excellent bass that made the older LCD-2.2 famous.  

Did they upgrade the entire drivers, or did they just add the Fazor?  If they replaced the entire drivers and it failed in just over half a year, be sure to let them know that.  I hope they will give you some discount.  

At that time I requested do Fazor upgrade. Whether they change the whole driver or only add Fazor I'm not really sure.
And still no reply from them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back