Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #4,651 of 13,139
^^ Guys, here's a link to a comparison I did in the New Audeze LCD3 thread. It was 6 months ago and doubtless needs updating when I get time...

Not good enough to base a decision on, but hopefully there's some useful information in there. Warning: it's a bit long! You can easily skip straight to the numbered points.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #4,652 of 13,139
^^ Guys, here's a link to a comparison I did in the New Audeze LCD3 thread. It was 6 months ago and doubtless needs updating when I get time...

Not good enough to base a decision on, but hopefully there's some useful information in there. Warning: it's a bit long! You can easily skip straight to the numbered points.

That's a good comparison, thanks. And again, I'd imagine the LCD-2F is much, MUCH closer sounding to LCD-3F than any previous revision.
This is what I've heard with my own ears too.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #4,654 of 13,139
Yeah, that site was made by a fellow member. It's a WiP for the matching algorithm IIRC (too much weight on damping factor), but the Magni is a great amp!

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4,656 of 13,139
  Anyone ever heard about the following site?

http://www.audiobot9000.com/

It's for a headphone and amp matching, and it looks very convenient.

And.. #1 recommended amp for LCD-2 is Magni. I'd like to get one for my LCD-2

If it's suggesting the little Magni as the #1 I do not trust the site. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #4,657 of 13,139

If it's suggesting the little Magni as the #1 I do not trust the site. 

+ 1

Seems like the site has a lot of work to do before it can be considered a serious guide

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #4,658 of 13,139
Still an excellent resource to quickly see if an amp is appropriate for a given headphone. Magni has plenty of power, enough to make you deaf, and it measures well to boot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm  used for the best amp list factored in cost as well as power?

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4,659 of 13,139
  Still an excellent resource to quickly see if an amp is appropriate for a given headphone. Magni has plenty of power, enough to make you deaf, and it measures well to boot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm  used for the best amp list factored in cost as well as power?

Power is not all that there is with an amp, though. If you ask most Audeze owners, you'll find that the Lyr is far and away the most popular (hell that's how I ended up with one). 

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #4,660 of 13,139
Should I hold off on buying the 2f because of a new more comfy headband coming out

In Tyll's video the Audeze rep said that prototype is still a good ways away from any sort of release, and that goes for the headband too. If you choose to wait, you might end up waiting quite a few months, possibly even till summer or fall next year, unless they surprise us all with a sudden release. but considering how uncertain everything was regarding that prototype and its headband, I doubt it.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #4,662 of 13,139
Do people really find the current models that bad? I wear mine for a few hours at a time and aside from being a little heavy been problem-free.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #4,663 of 13,139
  Do people really find the current models that bad? I wear mine for a few hours at a time and aside from being a little heavy been problem-free.

Yes, there have been several people in this thread alone (5+ I'd say) that have  problems with the headband.  Weight has never been an issue for me.  After solving the headband issue by adding even more weight with the seatbelt pads, I've been able to wear them for hours at a time without even noticing they're on my head.  

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #4,664 of 13,139
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, I live in Sweden. So ordering the LCD-2's from Audeze's website can turn in to a nightmare in shipping costs. Is there any better site for me to buy from or is the Audeze website the way to go?

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #4,665 of 13,139
  I'm sorry if this has been asked before but, I live in Sweden. So ordering the LCD-2's from Audeze's website can turn in to a nightmare in shipping costs. Is there any better site for me to buy from or is the Audeze website the way to go?

http://www.audeze.com/dealers/Europe/Sweden :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back