Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #4,667 of 13,140
Ekul, you will probably like LCD-2F and LCD-3F then.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #4,669 of 13,140
I'm very concered with the 10khz peak that the lcd-2's have with fazer. I'm afraid it will be fatiguing, bright and a lot of sibilance. The 90% of the music I'm listening to i badly mastered and I'm thinking about buying the hd650 instead..

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #4,672 of 13,140
Can the fazers actually be fatiguing? I never thought I would see that word describing the LCD2s
confused.gif

Yes, there have been several people in this thread alone (5+ I'd say) that have  problems with the headband.  Weight has never been an issue for me.  After solving the headband issue by adding even more weight with the seatbelt pads, I've been able to wear them for hours at a time without even noticing they're on my head.  

Lol I am finally used to the padded leather headband on my og model, I used to prefer the old metal/foam job for comfort
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #4,674 of 13,140
^ +1

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #4,675 of 13,140
  Could someone do me a favour and listen to Rihanna - Take A Bow with the lcd-2 fazers, and report back how they sound? Do you hear a lot of sibliance? How bright is the sound? Is the piano fatiguing?

There is sibilance with the fazors in that song, but it's not as bad as I expected. To be honest I find the LCD2F can be quite sibilant, not as bad as the HE500. I'm selling mine in favour of going back to the HD650s.

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,676 of 13,140
There were quite few songs that I previously enjoyed that were very hard to listen to when I received my LCD-2. The reason was simply that the drivers were able to reproduce the track clearer and more accurately than any headphones I'd owned previously. They were basically revealing poor masters and poorly produced tracks or poor source gear.

The same happened again when I aquired th XC (faster drivers). The better the headphone the better the source needs to be. Unfortunately most modern music is mastered poorly and contains a lot of clipped peaks. This may be the problem some are finding with the LCDs. Rihanna (her produced music) is notorious for clipping dynamic range.

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #4,677 of 13,140
Are you selling your lcd-2's for hd650? Im thinking the same!

I searched for the lcd-2 rev.1 but couldn't find anything. Damn it. Its allegedly hd650 on steroids, while the lcd-2 with fazor is more like hd600 which means more bright. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #4,679 of 13,140
  Could someone do me a favour and listen to Rihanna - Take A Bow with the lcd-2 fazers, and report back how they sound? Do you hear a lot of sibliance? How bright is the sound? Is the piano fatiguing?

Wow, another Rihanna fan,and my biggest complaint is that she is impossible to listen to on these LCD 2.2 f, o.k on speakers .
Gaga is better but still crap sound

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #4,680 of 13,140
Thats the world we live in, I rarely come by good recordings, 95% of the songs I listen to is harsh and bright which brings in sibilance too. The lcd-2 had a reputation of being creamy and forgiving, but seems like the razors ruined that. Im so bummed.

Quote:
  Wow, another Rihanna fan,and my biggest complaint is that she is impossible to listen to on these LCD 2.2 f, o.k on speakers .
Gaga is better but still crap sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back