Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4,636 of 13,139
If anyone is interested, Here is a dropbox link of my current models for the diy fazor. It's just the inner part for now, as I haven't yet made measurements for the external fazors yet.

One question in addition to my previous request, do Fazor'ed LCD-2's have the rectangular dampening material over or under the external fazor, or do they have dampening material at all? 

Thanks guys!

PS, here's a little discussion we're having if anyone wants to get involved or has experience.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #4,637 of 13,139
  This is a bit off topic, has anyone dealt with USPS money orders before?

I was talking to a guy on head-fi about selling my LCD-2 to him, he wanted to pay with a USPS money order.  I asked if he could do paypal instead, but he said he didn't see my message in time and has already sent the money order in the mail.

I feel this guy is a tad bit over-zealous, but apparently I can verify if the money is legit by calling the USPS # and giving them the number on the money order.  Has anyone ever dealt with this type of thing before?

Just wait until you get it and if it cashes you're  good to go. 

Rule #1 of selling anything: nothing in the mail until the metaphorical check clears. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #4,638 of 13,139

Just wait until you get it and if it cashes you're  good to go. 

Rule #1 of selling anything: nothing in the mail until the metaphorical check clears. 

True that.

Unfortunately I never put my full name with my address details, and he jumped the gun and mailed it to me before we finished setting up the deal LOL.  So my last name is "Lays" on the money order, but my last name isn't actually Lays!

Hopefully the guys at my local post office will still clear it seeing as it has the rest of my details on it that are correct.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #4,639 of 13,139

True that.

Unfortunately I never put my full name with my address details, and he jumped the gun and mailed it to me before we finished setting up the deal LOL.  So my last name is "Lays" on the money order, but my last name isn't actually Lays!

Hopefully the guys at my local post office will still clear it seeing as it has the rest of my details on it that are correct.

Haha I got into trouble with that as well before. Communication is big with sales. Hopefully it works out!

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #4,640 of 13,139
Still loving my og LCD2s. Quit talking about these "fazors"
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #4,641 of 13,139
Do what I did and complement your LCD2 with an LCD3-F :evil:
Still loving my og LCD2s. Quit talking about these "fazors" :p  

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #4,642 of 13,139
Do what I did and complement your LCD2 with an LCD3-F
evil_smiley.gif
Still loving my og LCD2s. Quit talking about these "fazors"
tongue.gif

Too late, I went for the complete flip and went with a PS1K, and surprisingly love them both out of the same amp with the same tubes, just different impedance settings (oddly).

I've often thought of upgrading to an LCD3, but was never convinced they would be worth twice as much to me.

Edit: I'm sure all the Audeze phones are excellent if mine are at the "bottom of the barrel" now!

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #4,643 of 13,139
Yeah I don't think an LCD-3 would "complement" an LCD-2. They're of the same family, one's just a step above. It's like "complementing" your V6 Challenger with a V8 Challenger. If you want another pair, get something that offers a different experience. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #4,644 of 13,139
^ TBH I will need to get back to you all on my TIC advice to Grokit as I haven't listened to my LCD2 for a while. But for sure the 3F and 2 (rev 1 in my case) are 'different'. Different enough to keep both - don't know yet.

I do drive two Alfa Romeos :D One's for racing though, so I guess that makes them "complementary".

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #4,645 of 13,139
Obviously they ARE different, and if you're wealthy enough to just vomit thousands of dollars up whenever you're bored then sure, but IMO having any two headphones that are close enough that you'd use them in the same application are two headphones you don't need both of. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #4,646 of 13,139
Well, there was 3 years between the two purchases: trust me I'm not wealthy (Alfa Romeo = "poor man's Ferrari" btw, especially when they are old when purchased). Thought long and hard about the 3. Senn HD800 seemed a more logical 'complement' but hey I made my decision and won't apologize for it.

It was purely a jokey rejoinder to Grokit's light-hearted post. Shall we let this go? Whatever, this is my last word.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #4,647 of 13,139
Well, there was 3 years between the two purchases: trust me I'm not wealthy (Alfa Romeo = "poor man's Ferrari" btw, especially when they are old when purchased). Thought long and hard about the 3. Senn HD800 seemed a more logical 'complement' but hey I made my decision and won't apologize for it.

It was purely a jokey rejoinder to Grokit's light-hearted post. Shall we let this go? Whatever, this is my last word.

Augh sorry, my bad dude. I wasn't being on the offensive, I just meant you're in a unique position that many of us aren't. XD

I mean hell I'm an LCD-2 owner eyeballing the X and 3 (as well as the upcoming Z), and lord knows I'm likely going to spend more than necessary on music, was just kinda defending the notion of getting gear that sounds significantly different for people aiming for complementary, y'know?

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #4,648 of 13,139
^ No problem, thanks dude. And I will update on whether 2-non fazor and 3F are a 'worthwhile' complement (as you say, most likely not. I'm listening to the 2rev1 right now and enjoying the heck out of it!).

Cheers :beerchug:

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #4,649 of 13,139
^ No problem, thanks dude. And I will update on whether 2-non fazor and 3F are a 'worthwhile' complement (as you say, most likely not. I'm listening to the 2rev1 right now and enjoying the heck out of it!).

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Hell whether or not they're a complement I just REALLY want to know how much of an upgrade the 3F is. I have to say I am in LOVE with the Audeze sound and I want to know if it's worth trying to trade my way up. I have the 2.2preF and oh they are just marvelous but... it's impossible to avoid looking further up!

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #4,650 of 13,139
Looking forward to the update @AiDee
smile.gif

I think my upper hearing shelf has been lowered a bit, because I have changed to my PS1Ks for my main can out of my tube amp and I don't find them fatiguing at all. But the LCD2 really holds its own with certain recordings, particularily low-rez, streaming, pop/rock vinyl etc. And for some reason whenever I go without listening to them for very long, it's like I'm re-discovering them for the first time when I come back -- which I'm doing at the moment for everything I'm listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back