Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,511 of 13,139
guys don't get me wrong I love the audeze lcd 2 rev2, BUT the bass to me is less than my liking I know many will tell me that the bass is a lot in lcd 2 rev2.

BUT I am a basshead and I need more bass, if only it had more bass it would be perfect

now i was wondering is there a mod that can increase its bass, also is the lcd 2 rev2 the bassets among audeze, as i like to try others if they are more bassy

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #3,512 of 13,139
  anyone recommend speakers that sound similar to the LCD-2 or 3 line? Especially in regards to gorgeous vocal reproduction. 

Whats your budget?
I'm using a pair of Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento's and they have the same sound qualities (in combination with the rest of my system, of course) to me as my LCD 2.2's

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,513 of 13,139
  guys don't get me wrong I love the audeze lcd 2 rev2, BUT the bass to me is less than my liking I know many will tell me that the bass is a lot in lcd 2 rev2.

BUT I am a basshead and I need more bass, if only it had more bass it would be perfect

now i was wondering is there a mod that can increase its bass, also is the lcd 2 rev2 the bassets among audeze, as i like to try others if they are more bassy

So what would your Headphone of preference be for more bass?

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3,514 of 13,139

So what would your Headphone of preference be for more bass?

don't get me wrong, I have the sms by 50 cent thats the bass I like to hear on audeze, thats why I say maybe I am a basshead, the bass on 50 cent is simply amazing punch wise, of corse it lack the soundstage of audeze, but if i compare both on bass then 50 cent get 10 and audeze get 3

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #3,515 of 13,139
In all the time I have dealt with Audeze headphones I have not herd of any modding for the most part.The only thing you can do for more base is have a very powerful amp and EQ up the bass.

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,516 of 13,139

A good EQ will do the trick.

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,517 of 13,139
  A good EQ will do the trick.

so i listen to lcd through my chord hugo and iPod, so how can i add a good eq to the equation? what do u recommend me do, i found playing with the eq in the iPod using the onkyo HF player not doing the trick

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,518 of 13,139
In all the time I have dealt with Audeze headphones I have not herd of any modding for the most part.The only thing you can do for more base is have a very powerful amp and EQ up the bass.

can u turn the lcd 2 to closed headphones and what that do to sound signature

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #3,519 of 13,139

Put your hands over the earcups while listening........it sounds HORRIBLE

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #3,520 of 13,139

If you put your hands over the ear cups, you get a sense of what it does. Basically gets rid of all the body, and bass, think of it like the sound you get from your phone's speakers or laptop speakers, but with really awesome detail and clarity lol. You need to change how the drivers work, for these headphones to sound correct closed. which is why the XC has a different pattern on its diaphragm, as well as the now use of fazors. not to mention some sort of internal shaping of the ear cup I assume. The reason is because planar dynamic drivers only sound great because they push and pull the air around them, meaning they need to pull the air out behind them to be able to push the air back in, towards your ears. when that balance gets stopped by preventing the air to get out behind the drivers, the sound looses its weight and body, since it can't move the right amount of air. From my limited understanding of fazors, they apparently help in directing these sound waves that come from back and front of the drivers, so it's not as crucial to have a completely open back for them to sound correct. I'm sure all this came about from the development of the lcd XC, as their solution to making it work closed. then they just decided to use the same design with an open back, which gets you the lcd X, and then just add the fazors to everything, just because. lol.

But to directly answer your question, I highly doubt you could actually turn the lcd 2 into a closed back design with its current driver set up. I would assume the closest you could get is if you somehow were able to put the lcd XC ear cups onto the lcd 2, in place of the grill. Idk for sure.

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #3,521 of 13,139
Yeah why don't you just sell your audezes and get some much cheaper sony's?  Those have a whole lot more impact than lcds if you're a basshead.  Obviously the clarity and detail isn't there but you can't have the best of both worlds.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3,523 of 13,139
I need to EQ the bass on Vmoda M-100 around 5-6 db to match the LCD-2 rev2 I have. Might work well for you.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,524 of 13,139
Here (not really a dip but lack of sub bass):

uhyqumug.jpg

My graph begins at about 88 dB and rises up to 91 dB by 35 Hz.

Seems like this pattern is typical for units manufactured prior to Fazor production.

Nevertheless, the lack of sub bass is not as bad as with the Fazor models?

My graph for a september 2013 model, which was assembled in june 2013 (anyone here with fall/winter 2013 models, pre-fazor, mostly had theirs made around summer time) goes all the way flat to the lowest sub-bass, but where your treble areas cut a bit lower, like the 10k spike, mine cut higher, only by that small 3dB +/-

I compared my graph to the ones posted after your post, and I noticed that at the end of the day it doesnt matter, because where one graph does better in one frequency range, +/- 3dB or so, another does better in frequencies the first graph doesnt. it ultimately means the headphones will sound pretty much the same to us, because they compensate, to end up making the same sound. so these little differences dont actually mean much. in regards to a difference between pairs.

the fazor drop off at the sub bass is more visible and consistant, thats simply what it does to the frequency. Tyll claims to hear a slight change in the overall sound, because of the fazors, claiming it is slightly less audeze house sound, pre-fazor, and closer to lcd X neutrality, but without being as efficient of course. I would figure we shouldn't care about more, or, less bass, just that the overall sound is slightly changed, SLIGHTLY lol. Still I'm glad I got a pre-fazor model since I prefer the older sound, vs more neutral sound, and these models just months prior to fazors, would be the best version of the lcd 2 that they could do without using fazors, and technically will forever be this way, if they always include fazors in every future revision or model. So thats cool lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back