Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #3,182 of 13,139
Not that it means anything but I went to 4 different on-line retailers and every one was out of stock on the LCD2. Not sure what that means but it seems a bit odd. They had the other models but not this one. Either they are selling like never before or Audeze is concentrating their manufacturing on the higher priced models over this one. I got one coming but it is going to be a while before I get it, week to ten days is what they told me when I ordered. I sure hope I like it after all the trouble I had to go through to get one.

You missed some then :wink: i have all 4 lcd-2 models in stock

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 26, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #3,184 of 13,139
Ive owned my LCD 2 for about a year now-all i have to say is what a wonderful listening experience- since then i've seriously beefed up my system by adding a moon audio silver dragon V3 cable and rolled EAT ECC 88 cool valves into my schiit LYR and Uber bifrost USB DAC and its quite the experience. The icing on the cake is my buttkicker advance tactile transducer.    

I appreciate how life like the mids are and how the bass goes all the way down and stays tight and how clear all the frequencies are represented to the ear.  With my current set up- I can easily say is well exceeds the LCD 3.     

May 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3,185 of 13,139
  i guess in yur case....u hv a case then.... raise a ruckus with the co n wait it out :p 

Yeah, my bad not having the patience and their bad to miss my RMA.

And believe or not the same case repeated !
They charge me the shipping fee in the invoice, they just don't pay any attention at all on my RMA.
Just FYI though not making any ruckus before wait AGAIN for their explanation. Totally sucks.

May 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,186 of 13,139
  About to order some LCD2's but I was wondering how the transient response is, like when a drummer really pops the snare do you hear the crack come through with some authority?

First time I connected the LCD2 into my reference balanced dac and amp in over two years was last night...the first thing that popped into my mind was the snare drum.  Same thing happened the first time I connected them balanced...that snare, what a snare.

To me the LCD-3 are a little too bright and the LCD-2 are a little too dark, LCD-X sound just right and most neutral. But I'd pick the 2 over the 3.

I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way.  How so?

May 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #3,187 of 13,139
To me, the LCD-X are more balanced sounding, whereas the LCD-3 are more refined and concerned with details. The bass on the LCD-X is quite solid sounding and very, very punchy and tight, I think the LCD-3 are more suitable for Jazz, classical and acoustic music.

Quote:
  I was under the impression that the X was brighter and the 3 is warmer...your the first to go the other way.  How so?

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #3,190 of 13,139
Hi everyone! I recently got a hold of an LCD 2 rev 3 and i just want to ask for your recommended cable for around $200? :)

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #3,191 of 13,139
I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #3,192 of 13,139
  I got my LCD2 yesterday and have been listening to everything I can get my hands on. I have head people talk about burn-in on these as anywhere from 1 hour to 50 hours...I was wondering what you guys thought. I do have a problem, maybe I got a bad pair, but all the reviews I have seen speak most highly of the bass, not just the quantity but the quality too. Mine have plenty of quantity and go really low, but I am not hearing the texture and tone I was expecting. Is this likely a burn-in issue or should I maybe think about returning these while I still can. I am using a Lyr amp and I also tried my LDMk4 and it was even worse on the LD. I am hoping they just need a little more time to open up.

I think this also depends on the song. Try some songs from albums like The Very Best of Smooth Jazz :)

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #3,194 of 13,139
   Personally, I  reccomend Moon Audio.com dragon series for brighter sound or thecablepro.com for bass orented reproduction. you may have to go a little more higher than $200

You know Brian of BTG Sold me a custom built Audeze cable for around $160, you may want to check with him, he's a fairly inexpensive and high quality Cable outfit 

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #3,195 of 13,139
I think BTG or HPL would be the way to go for you, Battousai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back