Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #3,213 of 13,140
If you feel behind where your ears go, you can feel the Fazor's ridges ^^^^^^^^^^ like that but bigger. You can see it on the outside a bit too, once you know what to look for.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #3,214 of 13,140
Feel on the inside of the ear cup, if the ridges are flat, then there is no fazor. If they are each like a triangle, then you have fazor.

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #3,219 of 13,140
Well I just got my LCD-2.2s yesterday.  Reading through the last page I know I have fazor! lol can't imagine how they'ed sound with out it but I guess I'm mainly asking for any tips on improving comfort?  Just like the K70x's, they become uncomfortable after half an hour of use at the top two bumps on the headband.  

My first impressions was "wow they really don't sound much different from the HD600's"  I'm a little bit disappointed so far but we'll see.  I like that they don't make certain genres sound terrible but at the same time I'm not really wowed with anything either.  Could this just be the diminishing quality to price as you get into higher end stuff?  They're being powered by a Lake People G109s and Pop Pulse 1796 mk II dac.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #3,220 of 13,140
I'm surprised to hear you're not loving the LCD 2s. I haven't heard the G109 or your DAC, but can only assume that one or both of them might be limiting the performance of your system because the LCD 2s should be a noticeable improvement over the HD600s (even though they are great headphones)

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,221 of 13,140
I have a lake people g100 very similar to your amp, and wasn't wowed as expected too
Now I have a tubes amp and really heard an improvement and get wowed very often
The LP is a powerful nice sounding SS amp but not the best pairing with audeze IMO

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,222 of 13,140
  Well I just got my LCD-2.2s yesterday.  Reading through the last page I know I have fazor! lol can't imagine how they'ed sound with out it but I guess I'm mainly asking for any tips on improving comfort?  Just like the K70x's, they become uncomfortable after half an hour of use at the top two bumps on the headband.  

My first impressions was "wow they really don't sound much different from the HD600's"  I'm a little bit disappointed so far but we'll see.  I like that they don't make certain genres sound terrible but at the same time I'm not really wowed with anything either.  Could this just be the diminishing quality to price as you get into higher end stuff?  They're being powered by a Lake People G109s and Pop Pulse 1796 mk II dac.

bend the headband makes it substantially more comfortable, Also wrap the headband with more flat and soft padding(memory foam, cotton stuff, or cloth) this should make it MUCH more comfortable. There's nothing you can do about weight u have to go to the gym for that lol.  bending decreases clamp adding padding makes the weight more evenly distributed. Its metal u won't break it...

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,223 of 13,140
Hmmm well everyone was preaching about the G109/lcd 2 combo before I bought it.  "Best amp for under $1k" and what not, I'll try hooking them up to the speaker terminals on a receiver and see how different they sound.

Thanks for the advice with comfort, I'll try that.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #3,224 of 13,140
Always give new headphones some solid listening time before calling the verdict. Give your mind/ears (and perhaps the HPs themselves) time to adjust and settle in.

biggrin.gif
would be a real shame to write off these wonderful cans. They really are noticeably different for me from the HD650 (Unless you have the fazor version, which I could not comment on cause I have not heard them.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back