Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #2,791 of 13,139

Don't leave it in the sun light and humid areas. Constant sunlight get make the sealer coat on the LCD's wood flake and peel off (worse scenario), it also dries the wood fibres and can cause weak points in the wood grains of the wooden housing to crack. Humidity on the other hand gives off the moisture that can fully saturate the surface or inner wood fibres of the housing and thus cause weak points to crack or more susceptible to cracking. I'm no woodworker or wood technician but this from my experience.

Exactly the response I was after. A shame that I can't keep them on display, looks like they will be sitting in their flight case unless being used!

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #2,792 of 13,139
  Lucky enough to have 20% off from the show, so I can get a sweet deal on rev 3s. Now I have to figure out if the rev 3s are actually different in a bad way....

Been kinda lurking on here. I was also at the meet and used the 20% off code recently to buy a pair of LCD 2s. Are you saying that the ones i just bought are actually rev 3s? LOL. The code expires this saturday so I can't imagine you holding onto it any longer. Did you order one as well?

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #2,793 of 13,139
  Been kinda lurking on here. I was also at the meet and used the 20% off code recently to buy a pair of LCD 2s. Are you saying that the ones i just bought are actually rev 3s? LOL. The code expires this saturday so I can't imagine you holding onto it any longer. Did you order one as well?

Well the debated third revision, yes. And mine arrive tomorrow 
biggrin.gif
!

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,794 of 13,139
  Well the debated third revision, yes. And mine arrive tomorrow 
biggrin.gif
!

Mine have actually arrived but I had it sent to my school apartment so I will have to be picking it up tomorrow. I'll post up the graph when I get the chance. What is supposedly new in this (debated) revision? Just curious which variation did you opt to buy? I got the rosewood with the leather.

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #2,795 of 13,139
  Mine have actually arrived but I had it sent to my school apartment so I will have to be picking it up tomorrow. I'll post up the graph when I get the chance. What is supposedly new in this (debated) revision? Just curious which variation did you opt to buy? I got the rosewood with the leather.

I opted for rosewood and vegans, as I much preferred the comfort of vegan. Some observations have been rolled off sub-bass, and a 10-15khz peak. I look forward to getting my FR chart and seeing how it stacks up.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #2,799 of 13,139
Where did you get the 20% off coupon?

According to some on the board here you can get them at "meets" like the RMAF where Audeze has a booth.
I tried asking them for a coupon as I didn't have the chance to get a coupon from a meet,  because I'm from Germany. I didn't get one though.
So best advice I can give you, is to go to a meet where Audeze demonstrates their headphones.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,801 of 13,139
I just picked up my Lcd 2s and it did not come with a FR graph. The warranty information is now placed inside a small envelope with a certificate of authenticity. Will post pictures later. Kinda bummed I don't get to see how my pair of headphones looks on the graph.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2,802 of 13,139
I just picked up my Lcd 2s and it did not come with a FR graph. The warranty information is now placed inside a small envelope with a certificate of authenticity. Will post pictures later. Kinda bummed I don't get to see how my pair of headphones looks on the graph.

You can request a personalized frequenzy response graph from Audeze. On their LCD-2 product page it says:

1. Personalized frequency response graph available through support@audeze.com

Send them your serial number and you'll get the graph.

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #2,803 of 13,139

I emailed support asking for a graph and it was emailed back to me in about ten minutes lol.  Great support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back