Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #2,776 of 13,134
From what I've seen, more people say that the Lyr is a good match rather than a poor one. I'm on the side of it being an excellent match, but that's just me.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2,778 of 13,134
  From what I've seen, more people say that the Lyr is a good match rather than a poor one. I'm on the side of it being an excellent match, but that's just me.

Tried mine on my friend's Lyr. It was a solid match, and of course tube rolling can adjust the flavour. Albeit I do prefer the Mjolnir for better soundstage and control.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #2,781 of 13,134
Hello LCD2 fellow owners,
I am looking for a mid-fi amps ($400-$800) with neutral signature so it can pairs with many headphone like my LCD2, Alpha Dog, and if I ever own the HD800 someday.
I dont mind if it's tube or SS amp and must have a single ended output. What would you recommend me?
If you are going to suggest me the Schiit Lyr, many people said its a bad pairing with summit-fi cans like LCD2 and HD800. 

I would take a hard look at the ALO Pan Am. Awesome sounding amp/dac.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,782 of 13,134
I had some spare wood left over from building acoustic treatments, so I slapped together a headphone stand for my LCD-2's. I'll probably build a better quality one later (and a smaller one for my D7000's).

Also, that ugly white thing is a prototype suspension headband I made out of a tube sock. It makes the headphones far far more comfortable than stock but looks a bit crappy at the moment, I'll be making a good looking version out of leather one of these days.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #2,785 of 13,134
  I have my LCD2.2 on a stand near a window.

Should I worry about sunlight ruining the wood finish? 

Sunlight can bleach out the color of many woods (including rosewood and bamboo), the only time it's okay would be on purpleheart XC's because it brings out the rich color in small doses, but over a long time it can turn it brown if I'm not mistaken. A simple Google search should provide what you need to know. Some woods darken, some lighten.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #2,786 of 13,134
  Hi guys thinking about picking up a pair of used Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2s which a work colleague is selling. I have no idea what a used pair might be worth, wondering if someone can give me an idea of what a fair price range would be for a used pair?

Thanks

Jamie

Anywhere between $700-950 depending on condition and version. If it's a very late 2012 to 2014 pair with updated metal connectors expect to pay near the $950 amount based on condition. Old non metal angled connectors from 2011-2012 anywhere between $700-850 tops is being reasonable. Excluding custom cables and such if included but don't expect to increase the value of the headphone much or any at all. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,787 of 13,134
  Sunlight can bleach out the color of many woods (including rosewood and bamboo), the only time it's okay would be on purpleheart XC's because it brings out the rich color in small doses, but over a long time it can turn it brown if I'm not mistaken. A simple Google search should provide what you need to know. Some woods darken, some lighten.

Happens with veneered or real wooden speaker cabinets. Take the speaker clothe cover grills off and you would see the wood is darker in tonality compared to the rest of the speaker that seen exposure to sunlight. There is wood bleach/resto kits to lighten or darken the wood tonality.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #2,789 of 13,134
There's quite a following for the Meier Classic for two of those phones (don't know about alpha dogs) and in that price range. With my lcd2 it's lively, neutral, not dry, plenty of power. Idk about hd800 but others like the combination.

Hello LCD2 fellow owners,
I am looking for a mid-fi amps ($400-$800) with neutral signature so it can pairs with many headphone like my LCD2, Alpha Dog, and if I ever own the HD800 someday.
I dont mind if it's tube or SS amp and must have a single ended output. What would you recommend me?
If you are going to suggest me the Schiit Lyr, many people said its a bad pairing with summit-fi cans like LCD2 and HD800. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #2,790 of 13,134

I thought it might be a good idea to ask here, incase anyone has specific experience with the LCD2.2 and sunlight. 

Thanks!

Don't leave it in the sun light and humid areas. Constant sunlight will make the sealer coat on the LCD's wood flake and peel off (worse scenario), it also dries the wood fibres and can cause weak points in the wood grains of the wooden housing to crack. Humidity on the other hand gives off the moisture that can fully saturate the surface or inner wood fibres of the housing and thus cause weak points to crack or more susceptible to cracking. I'm no woodworker or wood technician but this from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back