Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,251 of 13,139
I'm really enjoying mine with the woo wa22.  It's the only high end amp(I have the Vali and the amp section of the DA8) that I own so I'm not sure how it compares with others.  I might want to get something along the lines of the audio gd master 9 at some point to have a high end solid state amp in my collection.  Is anybody familiar with how it pairs with the lcd2?

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #2,254 of 13,139
watabeau..! 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #2,255 of 13,139
They are absolutely awe-inspiring - you guys were right.

I've never used planar magnetics before. This is a whole new level of bass impact, detail and clarity. When I'm watching movies, I feel like I'm at the cinema - which is what I've been looking for since I got into this hobby.

Seriously - absolutely stunning. It's been a long time since I've been so gobsmacked at a pair of headphones. A LONG time. 

I feel so ridiculous - I can't stop cycling between listening to them, and taking photos of them, rinse and repeat.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #2,256 of 13,139
I must say, Audeze has some awesome customer service.

For about a month I owned the LCD2, I thought the 1/8” to ¼” jack was mediocre quality at best. In order to get sound in both channels I had to twist and move the jack around. It wasn’t until I started testing the LCD2 directly in other sources that I realized the 1/4” jack on the cable was bad.

I cut the cables and soldered on another a new ¼” jack and it solved the problem. Now I know that was stupid as the headphone was still under warranty… However, even after my custom ¼” jack replacement, they still honored my warranty and sent me new cable free of charge with 2 day air shipping.

Even after my cable modification, they gave me an option to send back the cut ¼” jack for inspection with the shipping covered. I should note they allowed me to keep the rest of the cable. I am truly stunted by their amazing customer service. For sure, I will be continuing business with Audeze. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #2,257 of 13,139
  I must say, Audeze has some awesome customer service.

For about a month I owned the LCD2, I thought the 1/8” to ¼” jack was mediocre quality at best. In order to get sound in both channels I had to twist and move the jack around. It wasn’t until I started testing the LCD2 directly in other sources that I realized the 1/4” jack on the cable was bad.

I cut the cables and soldered on another a new ¼” jack and it solved the problem. Now I know that was stupid as the headphone was still under warranty… However, even after my custom ¼” jack replacement, they still honored my warranty and sent me new cable free of charge with 2 day air shipping.

Even after my cable modification, they gave me an option to send back the cut ¼” jack for inspection with the shipping covered. I should note they allowed me to keep the rest of the cable. I am truly stunted by their amazing customer service. For sure, I will be continuing business with Audeze. 

That's great to hear. Audez'e has AWESOME customer service. They bend over backwards for their customers. They did it for me multiple times and I'm a client for life.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #2,258 of 13,139
Customer service is something so many companies suck at.  It's usually the first area they make cuts in.  They just don't realize the impact it has on their customer base.  I agree with you M-13, if a company treats me right, I'm very loyal.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #2,259 of 13,139
My Family.  I posted this on the DT880 thread:

[Thanks mate but my LCD2 goes no where.  I suspect that the DT880 should be good for normal speech volume.  Cinema is reference, but no one can speak casually so loudly.

OTOH how can people spend money on state of the art engineering and not enjoy music in a way everyone does in some point of their life...loudly like in a real orchestra or live performance...if just for a short while.  Imagine the primal humans were banging on their drums softly for fear of hearing damage?  Its like sex, short period of extreme pleasure and you want to maximise these fleeting moments in life.

I guarantee that when man first invented music, his next thought was to do the same but louder. How can one claim to understand the concept of music without understanding the power of music.  I'll just drive this racing car slowly around because of fear of injury.  I'll buy the latest home theatre but never ever crank it up to cinema reference.  One should because if it sounds terrible at reference level something is wrong. I am waiting for that post when someone declares they wear ear protection to the cinema and everyone congratulating this person for being anally retentive.

Its the same with bass haters.  I guarantee primal drummers kept paralleling drums and were not satisfied until the bass waves smacked their chest and shook the ground in worship of the gods of destruction.  Music always started with the beat of the heart.  You just have to understand boxing...Sugar Ray Robinson - Idol to Mohammed Ali fought to the beat of his heart.  His heart was his clock.

Also blame yo mamma for drilling this into you.

Why can't people understand? kd;svnf ;gagi urgh!!!!

My question is, does someone here have both HD600 and DT880 and can help me by explaining to me in professional audio terms how the tonality is different from these two in HZ and KHZ - or whatever common lingo such as low bass, midbass, low midrange, upper mid, treble etc.]

Just have to get it out of my system.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2,260 of 13,139
People have different preferences, who knew!

I listen to music at levels I enjoy, which depends on what I'm looking to do. For short sessions, I usually listen as loud as I can without it being uncomfortable. For long sessions, it's usually quite a bit quieter. However, I'm willing to bet that even at my "loud" volume, a lot of people would consider me to listen to music somewhat quietly. It doesn't happen often, but I've been to movies at the theater that were actually too loud for me to enjoy (physically uncomfortable), and some earplugs would have been nice.

Also, listening to music too loudly can trigger the acoustic reflex, which alters the frequency curve you hear as well as removes quieter detail (your inner ear is contracting to not let too much sound in).

The way I look at it is that I have preferences, and my preferences are not your preferences. So what business do I have to tell you how to listen to your music? Do what you want, do what you enjoy, and **** those who tell you how to do what you love.

As for the HD600 vs DT880 question, which impedance model of DT880?

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,261 of 13,139
Agree Cinema sound is rubbish...A good calibrated home theatre sounds far superior.  Those movies that hurt your ears are recorded too brightly or the seating position and room interaction is poor.

BTW  I beg to differ with your theory of acoustic reflex.  There is a reference recording volume.  The Volume played in the cinema is a reference volume.  As for not hearing more detail when the volume goes up...please research acoustic masking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back