Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,116 of 13,134
Just received my LCD-2.2's this morning. Been hooked to them for the last 3 hours, only took them of to shoot some pics 
rolleyes.gif

What a great pair of headphones these are and they work real well with my Schiit stack.
Now I quickly start saving for a Mjolnir.

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #2,119 of 13,134
If you're budget can handle a good aftermarket cable, and you've been curious about them...then my vote is yes. :) If only to experience something new, with the potential promise of improved performance or at least improved ergonomics, it might be worth it.

Or just fix the old cable. :) That works as well. 
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,120 of 13,134
  Listening to the Infected Mushroom through the LCD-2/ Conductor rig. First time after a few weeks break.

Wow, just wow.

It is worth taking a break just to forget how awesome your gear is.

The first listen will really remind you.

+1

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #2,121 of 13,134
  Just received my LCD-2.2's this morning. Been hooked to them for the last 3 hours, only took them of to shoot some pics 
rolleyes.gif

What a great pair of headphones these are and they work real well with my Schiit stack.
Now I quickly start saving for a Mjolnir.

btw, i think i preferred LCD-2 on lyr/bi stack over the mj/gung stack(with an amperex tube) 
biggrin.gif

though i think many people here would disagree with me on that.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,123 of 13,134
  hey guys i broke my cable for my lcd-2 should i buy a stock cable or upgrade to a aftermarket one? 

I am a huge fan of aftermarket cables for that increase in quality. I have two different cables for my LCD-2 cans, the ALO Signature 16 with an XLR termination on the end and a Double Helix cable with a 1/4" termination. Both sound much better than the stock cable.

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2,129 of 13,134
  oh yea good idea ill give that a go.

Just a heads up, Toxic cables have ready to ship cables (the silver widow and silver poison). Their normal lead time is somewhere in the 10 weeks region, so its a rare chance to get it ready to ship! I think I will pull the trigger myself XD Toxic cables is well regarded, you could take into consideration ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back