Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,087 of 13,139
  Just received my new LCD-2 Rosewood Vegans. They are beautiful!!!! My Yulong DA8 is on its way now as well. Can't wait! Anyway, I want to get a nice stand to display the LCD-2 when they are not on my head. Any issues with the Sieveking Omega stands? I am concerned they will put too much stress on the band. What is the consensus here? What is the vote for best color match for my combo......walnut or the more exotic Makassar (it is tough to tell from pictures).

Congratulations! I have one of the knockoff Omega stands and I don't like it for long-term storage because it compresses the ear pads. Maybe not a big deal, but I've read how the softer memory foam can compress permanently causing the drivers to touch the ears. I'm looking for a replacement stand that supports the headband nicely and lets everything else hang. Maybe the Woo Audio stand.

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,088 of 13,139
Yeah, that is my concern too. I choose the Vegan model because I got to try them on at the SF AV show back in August and I was hooked. I don't want to loose their comfy goodness. I also saw the Woo stands and think they would be a good alternative. They are just not as cool as a wood design. I really like the Room FS stands, but it does not look like you can get them here in the States that easily.

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2,092 of 13,139
Ah, well I know Justin's customer service is top notch, he's a great guy. I don't know if anything changes with international customers, but if you have any questions his username here is justin w., I'm sure he'll welcome any questions.

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #2,093 of 13,139
Anyone experienced what the support is like if you buy from an American store like headamp? And not your local country supplier?

Be prepared to wait but Justin is on here daily and will be attentive to any questions/concerns you may have. His products are top notch and hand-inspected by him personally. I can vouch for the quality.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2,096 of 13,139
Ok how i should have put it would be more if I was to buy a used pair like something from the classified section. Has Anyone experienced the support with audeze if the headset was originally purchased in another country and you say need the wood replaced as is split but still in its original 3 year life.

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #2,098 of 13,139
my whole original question was based on me purchasing one of the many used headsets in the classified thread, and wondering if the support was good for others who have done the same and needed assistance with wood splitting ect.  My wording was wrong in the beginning I guess, but saying that I did venture into headamp and saw there great prices too.. pity about the no international shipping thing :) trying to get in touch with my brother in law who lives in AZ might ship some to him to send my way.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2,100 of 13,139
Whoa...these are really different.  I remember selling them because I distinctly felt like they sounded like closed headphones.  I like the improvement.  Hopefully they last beyond my 3rd marriage with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back