Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #11,236 of 13,139
do you guys know the actual weight of the aluminum version without cable?
if you are looking to but the aluminium ones keep an eye out on adorama or via slickdeals for adorama offers.

in the last 8 months they have sold the aluminium ones for either $699 or $799 from memory or even a few times late last year/early this year the lcd 2 with the ifi black idsd for either $999 in total or just over

so you may be able to get some bargains (perhaps before the black friday specials)

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #11,237 of 13,139
I have bought my LCD-2 aluminium from adorama almost year ago For the last 2 days, I am noticing sometimes the right channel losing connection and is fixed after I unplug the mini xlr and plug it back. Has happened with the propreitary cable as well as the VE replacement cable. Should I be worried? I live in Bangladesh, so a warranty claim would be impossible.

Edit- this seems to happen whenever there is slight pressure near the right connector. Fixes on reconnecting.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #11,238 of 13,139
I have bought my LCD-2 aluminium from adorama almost year ago For the last 2 days, I am noticing sometimes the right channel losing connection and is fixed after I unplug the mini xlr and plug it back. Has happened with the propreitary cable as well as the VE replacement cable. Should I be worried? I live in Bangladesh, so a warranty claim would be impossible.

Edit- this seems to happen whenever there is slight pressure near the right connector. Fixes on reconnecting.
try and switch the cables around to see if its the cable or driver/cup jack that is the problem. If the right channel still cuts out with the cables switched then it either the driver or the jack in the cup. If the problem goes to the left then you might want to check the cable.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #11,239 of 13,139
try and switch the cables around to see if its the cable or driver/cup jack that is the problem. If the right channel still cuts out with the cables switched then it either the driver or the jack in the cup. If the problem goes to the left then you might want to check the cable.
Tried that. It's probably the connector in the cup. Driver functioning great otherwise. I opened up the back grill but looks like the connector segment is unaccessible.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #11,240 of 13,139
Tried that. It's probably the connector in the cup. Driver functioning great otherwise. I opened up the back grill but looks like the connector segment is unaccessible.
Send in for RMA?

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #11,243 of 13,139
Update- right side stopped working completely

Could be as simple as a broken solder joint inside the headphone. You could take these to a well-regarded audio repair place and have them open her up and see if there is an obvious fix.

Not the most ideal solution, but if its your only hope...

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #11,245 of 13,139
I am planning to do that myself, just need a proper guide on how to expose the inner connector portion. It seems to be obstructed by the driver itself.
Feel sorry for your problems, its a hard decision for you to make but if I had a choice of trying to do the repairs with the chance of doing more damage I would probably try to figure out a way to send them back to Audeze for repairs. I've never seen a guide on how to take out the drivers for a LCD series headphone so hopefully some others have the info that you seek or point you in the right direction.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #11,246 of 13,139
The reason why I bought my gear from Addicted To Audio Sydney. If I have a defect with my lcd2f I will just take it back to the store....

Plus listen to more gear there with free coffee. :)

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #11,247 of 13,139
The reason why I bought my gear from Addicted To Audio Sydney. If I have a defect with my lcd2f I will just take it back to the store....

Plus listen to more gear there with free coffee. :)

BUT! Is the coffee good?

dale.jpg

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #11,249 of 13,139
Right up until the point you spill said drink on the high-end headphones. Then you remember, "This coffee is not worth having my jibblies hooked up to a car battery after the manager saw my credit card was declined."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back