Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #11,221 of 13,140
I like your balanced assessment. It's really a personal preference. Some like it very warm and lush. Others prefers those attributes to be dialled back a little and with more clarity and details.
Correct. So I don't feel the need to use harsh words like "the v1 is crap compared to the v2..." something like that is not true In this regard. There are subtle differences and therefore it's up to preference. NOW if there is s headphone that we sell that I don't like I will say it sucks and why HA. Off the top I did NOT like the Beyer DT880. I found it to be so sibilant it hurt my ears. BUT still that is just me...

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #11,222 of 13,140
Correct. So I don't feel the need to use harsh words like "the v1 is crap compared to the v2..." something like that is not true In this regard. There are subtle differences and therefore it's up to preference. NOW if there is s headphone that we sell that I don't like I will say it sucks and why HA. Off the top I did NOT like the Beyer DT880. I found it to be so sibilant it hurt my ears. BUT still that is just me...
Agree with you that many over state differences and uses a phrase like "X" blows away "Y", I do understand that some may feel very strongly about something they paid for but that does not mean its the best and everything else is crap.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #11,224 of 13,140
Man, I was so sure the pre-Fazor models would hold their value over time... It's insane how cheap they're listed on the FS forums these days. Maybe I should sell mine before they go for $99 :crying:

Seriously though, I guess it means most people are of the opinion that Fazor is better.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #11,225 of 13,140
Man, I was so sure the pre-Fazor models would hold their value over time... It's insane how cheap they're listed on the FS forums these days. Maybe I should sell mine before they go for $99 :crying:

Seriously though, I guess it means most people are of the opinion that Fazor is better.
Some people are also saying the classifieds have gone quiet since the update of the website

And i know ive been more comfortable buying my lcd2 new or at least when still under warranty due to past issues ive read about......just in case and for this kind of $$$$

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #11,226 of 13,140

If you have a pre fazor what about sending it in to get new drivers? I don't know if that's still an option or not, or what it would cost... was just trying to think of a way to help your resale value

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #11,227 of 13,140
Some people are also saying the classifieds have gone quiet since the update of the website

And i know ive been more comfortable buying my lcd2 new or at least when still under warranty due to past issues ive read about......just in case and for this kind of $$$$

You're probably right, I personally feel like head-fi is a very trustworthy community but others might say that's what a sucker thinks.

Either way I'm just surprised my pre-Fazors don't even hold 50% resale value O_O

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #11,228 of 13,140
If you have a pre fazor what about sending it in to get new drivers? I don't know if that's still an option or not, or what it would cost... was just trying to think of a way to help your resale value

Oh yeah I'm pretty sure that's still an option, I like my pre-Fazors though and I'm not looking to sell or change them right now. Just a bit startled how low they go these days in case I sell them in the future.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #11,229 of 13,140

It could also be that there are other options that are cheaper like the M1060 ($300) or HE400i ($250) that are pushing the price of planar headphones lower and maybe even the weight of the LCD-2 which is an issue for some.

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #11,230 of 13,140
It could also be that there are other options that are cheaper like the M1060 ($300) or HE400i ($250) that are pushing the price of planar headphones lower and maybe even the weight of the LCD-2 which is an issue for some.

That's very true, sometimes I forget how dynamic (ha ha) the headphone industry is now.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #11,231 of 13,140
Oh yeah I'm pretty sure that's still an option, I like my pre-Fazors though and I'm not looking to sell or change them right now. Just a bit startled how low they go these days in case I sell them in the future.
Oh I dig. I'm glad you still like them enough to keep them. All that matters right now... I was still under the impression that pre fazors were still desirable? But didn't know the price of them went down compared to fazored

Aug 19, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #11,232 of 13,140
Oh I dig. I'm glad you still like them enough to keep them. All that matters right now... I was still under the impression that pre fazors were still desirable? But didn't know the price of them went down compared to fazored

That's what I thought too, I was under the impression that pre fazors offered another interesting flavor to the sound. But the prices are definitely different. I saw a rosewood model go for $425 shipped... that really blew my mind.

But yeah, the fact that I still enjoy them is all that matters. I think I just felt a little envious since I paid around $900 for mine...

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #11,233 of 13,140
That's what I thought too, I was under the impression that pre fazors offered another interesting flavor to the sound. But the prices are definitely different. I saw a rosewood model go for $425 shipped... that really blew my mind.

But yeah, the fact that I still enjoy them is all that matters. I think I just felt a little envious since I paid around $900 for mine...
Wow... $425 for a shipped rosewood? That's pretty insane if that's the norm...

I can understand you feeling that way. The market for certain cans can be all over the place through the years

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #11,234 of 13,140
Wow... $425 for a shipped rosewood? That's pretty insane if that's the norm...

I can understand you feeling that way. The market for certain cans can be all over the place through the years
Could also be those that got them for $500 last Nov so they are not loosing much.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #11,235 of 13,140
My LCD2 pads seem odd..One of them is thicker than the other

Any one has this problem ?
LCD2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back