Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #10,547 of 13,139
  Agree that its a personal choice, but..

almost every LCD2 reviewer on Youtube/ reviews the Bamboo version. So it seemed like Bamboo is a popular choice, and now that Audeze seems to be discontinuing it which is strange

Also, i have read somewhere that Bamboo is lot more robust than the conventional woods. 

The Bamboo version used to be the only version that was $995, the rosewood was more expensive so everyone bought the Bamboo version except people that were willing to spend the extra cash to make the headphone look prettier. If they can do Shedua for the same price as Bamboo, it just makes sense to me because it looks a lot nicer than the Bamboo version. It also doesn't require occasional treatment, so the shedua must have some kind of treatment that can better seal the wood for long term use. Finally, the bamboo that was used is a vertically oriented laminate, which is really expensive to make since you have to mechanically orient the fibers, glue the hell out of them, and then hot-press them. Using regular wood is likely a lot less involved and costly.

Bamboo is stronger in the vertical plane due to long, strong fibers. It is a lot more rigid because of that, but rigidity doesn't matter for a cosmetic device, which the wood ring on the LCD-2 is.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #10,549 of 13,139

I guess you have to give it time for the wire molecules to realign themselves and form a crystalline structure so that the directionality has ample time to express itself over an extended burn-in?

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #10,551 of 13,139
Well if burning your cables in improves your listening experience, more power to you. There just won't be any quantifiable effect...

If yours ears don't hear any differences between stock cable and aftermarket cable like Norne audio , Toxic cable... It's good for your wallet.

Are you listening with stock cable ?
Have you tried aftermarket cable with your LCD2 fazor?

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #10,552 of 13,139
If yours ears don't hear any differences between stock cable and aftermarket cable like Norne audio , Toxic cable... It's good for your wallet.

Are you listening with stock cable ?
Have you tried aftermarket cable with your LCD2 fazor?

It could be that aftermarket cables affect sound signature in ways I have never experienced before thanks to higher conductivity. I don't disagree with you there and in fact I have a silver poison with a neutrik gold XLR plug for my LCD 2.2F on the way right now :) I simply pointed out that cable burn-in should be unnecessary.

Seems like Frank's turnaround time is 12-14 weeks so unfortunately I'll be experiencing them around May at this rate T-T

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #10,554 of 13,139
Yeah, it's much quicker to build then yourself. That's what I do.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #10,555 of 13,139
It could be that aftermarket cables affect sound signature in ways I have never experienced before thanks to higher conductivity. I don't disagree with you there and in fact I have a silver poison with a neutrik gold XLR plug for my LCD 2.2F on the way right now :) I simply pointed out that cable burn-in should be unnecessary.

Seems like Frank's turnaround time is 12-14 weeks so unfortunately I'll be experiencing them around May at this rate T-T

Hi,

I have the Silver widow 24. And out of the box the high sounded harsh, low not clean.
So please give us yours impressions once you get your Silver poison.

i think Silver cable needs more time to burn in than Cu.

Before i also don't trust burn-in cable.

cheers

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #10,556 of 13,139
Love my LCD 2s. . Had a driver go but Audeze replaced it. 3 year Warranty also starts a over if you need replacements. Would definitely recommend a cable upgrade The moon audio silver dragon v3 cable is amazing pared with the LCD 2.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #10,557 of 13,139
Was reading through LCD-2 literature and found this..

Nearly double the magnetic driving force 
Patented Fluxor Magnet Arrays focus the magnetic flux nearly doubling the power driving the diaphragm for even lower distortion and greater accuracy.

I did not know that Fluxor tech was in LCD-2. Was it a recent trickle down technology from their other headphones? or did the LCD-2 always had the Fluxor magnet arrays ?

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #10,558 of 13,139

My Lohb comfort strap came in, and it has totally changed the way the LCD2 fits on my head. It feels like a regular pair of headphones now, and the weight is evenly distributed on my head. Highly recommended upgrade from me (LCD2 user since 2013)

I came from HE-400I's, but before that I was married to my AKG Q701's and those are quite possibly the most painful headphones EVER.

Anyways, I've been contemplating buying the Carbon Fiber Headband but it's hard to justify that for $200. Do you have a link for this product?

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #10,560 of 13,139
I keep going around in circles...

The HD650s is wonderful.

Heck the HD800S isn't even that bright and has better treble precision than the HD650... Sounds warmer in the mids with more subbass.

Where are the LCDs... I have no idea where I stashed them... Ahhh there they are.

They're clearly more transparent than either Sennheisers throught the bass to upper mids. Better treble clarity though a but shelved... And I bet a better treble extension... But my hearing doesn't go so far up. But where do you suppose the more precise mids and bass come from?

Answer: superior speed, by default a higher treble extension.

Clearly Sennheisers dynamics are no match for Audeze planars

Note: Sennheiser HD800S mids are warmer than my R1s. The Shure SE215s has the more tonally accurate mids than all of them. I find the 650s a very close second, the LCD2s 3rd the 800S a close 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back