Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #7,201 of 13,132
  Rather than the lcd-3, you might want to look at the Hifiman Edition X.  It's trickle-down tech from the He1000 for a lower price. I've heard the 1000 and liked it quite a bit better than the audezes, and the Edition X are basically a less expensive version.
I listen to a lot of Megadeth, Metallica, Mastodon, Ozzy, Opeth, Rush, Vai, Satriani and Van Halen.  When I tried the 650's, I was coming from the Momentum over-ear model, and to me the 650's just couldn't compete.  The Bass was better on the Momentums. The presence and treble were also superior, imo.  I just feel like the 650's are outclassed by a lot of other headphones. For a diffferent flavor, I freaking love the Beyer T1's with an OTL amp.

I heard Queen who are a good example of music I don't like (no offence meant) on HD650 with a cardas blue cable through a Sony cd player hp output in Seoul at Yongsan Electronic Market and I thought they were great but only had enough cash on me for an AT amp and the HD600s. The Senns sound great with 'air' around them but otherwise it's too much for them.Dunno if it's been discussed here but how are the Senn aluminium cup HD25s with metal?

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #7,202 of 13,132
I just saw this Madness....???

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #7,203 of 13,132
Don't know if this has been posted, but thought I share this here.

http://www.adorama.com/AULCD2LATCB.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

I'm running this same setup and its awesome.  i would be all over this, but until the revision is confirmed for reliability, I'll keep my non-f

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #7,204 of 13,132
Jan 9, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #7,205 of 13,132

http://www.adorama.com/AULCD2LATCB.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

I'm running this same setup and its awesome.  i would be all over this, but until the revision is confirmed for reliability, I'll keep my non-f

E
Excellent!! I purchased my 2Fs in November for $749. These people don't fool around when they have a sale.

Don't know if this has been posted??? Now ain't that some Schiit!!!

Are you serious??? You didn't see my post directly above yours
blink.gif
  with the spoiler???

I mean you could have at least used a different hyperlink than mine...

You should consider a career in politics or perhaps pursue a law degree...
angry_face.gif

Peace...
L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #7,206 of 13,132

Don't know if this has been posted??? Now ain't that some Schiit!!!

Are you serious??? You didn't see my post directly above yours
blink.gif
  with the spoiler???

I mean you could have at least used a different hyperlink than mine...

You should consider a career in politics or perhaps pursue a law degree...
angry_face.gif

Peace...
L3000.gif

Wow....

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #7,209 of 13,132
  I just saw this Madness....???

Since when did the LCD-2 have an aluminium body version?

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #7,211 of 13,132
Adorama exclusive apparently. Can't find any pics or videos of a pair outside of the few pics on adoramas website.

Just asked Audeze about it, curious about how the metal body affects the sound and if they could supply a chart for comparison.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #7,212 of 13,132
Jan 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #7,214 of 13,132
  shafted. again. LOL.

Weirdo

Yeah... don't know what his problem was.  he posted a link inside a spoiler with a dumb title and expects everyone to see it....

I don't deal with lames with baby dick syndrome.  Thats why he won't see this and I won't see another lame post of his

Users who are viewing this thread

Back