Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #618 of 13,139
Quote:

Hmmm...I dont find them dark at all, seems amplification and source...I think they are quite neutral

They are certainly brighter than LCD3's, but relatively speaking they do possess a warmer low-end tilt compared to pretty much all other flagships in question. I remember Tyll from InnerFidelity once said that the LCD2's and HE-500's bracket the sweetspot for dark vs bright, but both are quite close, which means people of different sonic tastes will find either of the two to be the most neutral to their ears.

May 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #619 of 13,139
Quote:
They are certainly brighter than LCD3's, but relatively speaking they do possess a warmer low-end tilt compared to pretty much all other flagships in question. I remember Tyll from InnerFidelity once said that the LCD2's and HE-500's bracket the sweetspot for dark vs bright, but both are quite close, which means people of different sonic tastes will find either of the two to be the most neutral to their ears.

....AND I AM NOT ALLOWING YOU TO GET ME TO TRY THE HEs EITHER!!!

:p

May 6, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #620 of 13,139
Quote:
No it's not - the LCD-2 was reviewed to work well with the Nuforce Icon HDP. Do thy research!

My LCD-2 r1 work well with the HDP, but I have to wonder if the HDP would play less well with a brighter r2 or not.

May 12, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #621 of 13,139
Well before I post them on Ebay I was going to give you guys the chance at some LCD-2 Rev 1's they have the added leather Headband work perfect only downside is one earcup the leather tore it got suck on something and it ripped I will take 550.00 for them shipped anywhere in the US only.. Message me if interested I will answer in order of messages.. I have had them 1 year they are great but I am in the need for some higher end closted headphones as I do mostly mixing...

Going to bed but will answer messages when I get up early afternoon Sat.

Hit me :)

Scary out:

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #622 of 13,139
Hi folks,

Reading all the threads about LCD2, and so I am now ready to buy the LCD-2. 
Now I just have a very stupid question: How forgive is the LCD-2 with low quality source such as mp3 & youtube music? 

Thanks for reading.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #623 of 13,139
Quote:
Hi folks,

Now I just have a very stupid question: How forgive is the LCD-2 with low quality source such as mp3 & youtube music? 

Thanks for reading.

If you spend most of your time listening to those sources I'd say you're wasting your money. If it's like 80/20 good sources that's another thing.

In other news, finally ordered my pair last night :D

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #624 of 13,139
Low quality sources will show themselves as low quality sources on the LCD, which IMO is a good thing.  But not all 128 bit rate mp3s will sound bad, i.e., sounding "small" or muffled at worst; it also depends on the quality of the recording/rip/etc.  A lot of my older, previous mp3 collection is lossy, and I am not about to overhaul everything for marginal sound improvement, although I've upgraded most albums and artists that were my favorites and sought lossless from here onward.  I find, for the most part, mp3s in the 256kbps and up range pretty bearable on the LCD and hard to distinguish from 320 and flac.  You'd have to REALLY listen to hear the difference at a certain point.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #625 of 13,139
Agreed. There are new codecs around that really makes 256+ hard to disinguish from redbook. 
Quote:
....... I find, for the most part, mp3s in the 256kbps and up range pretty bearable on the LCD and hard to distinguish from 320 and flac.  You'd have to REALLY listen to hear the difference at a certain point.

@headfilover Just get them. Bad recordings sound bad on bad headphones too. 

Quote:
Hi folks,

Thanks for reading.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #626 of 13,139
Got em :D

First impressions:

Coming previously from D2000s, most recent Grado 225s, still driving the LCDs with the Xonar STX. These are the headphones I'd hope they'd be. The soundstage is incredible - I could get more flowery in my language but they're just more detailed, clear, transparent than lesser cans.  

What's teasing me is the excellent bass extension without the impact behind it. I can tell it's there waiting for a properly powered amp to blossom. Hoping all frequencies are delivered with increased confidence with the amp as well. Waiting until my CC is cleared to buy the Lyr - I need to start paying cash for toys or it'll end poorly for me :D

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #627 of 13,139
Hi,All well i have now purchase a set of LCD 2 v2 on there way to me, this site is getting expensive and a Q cable from Q-Audio. Looking forward to spending some time listing to music.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #628 of 13,139
well the LCD2 got here yesterday,can not wight now for my Q-Cable to arrive sat and listed for around 2 hours i then swapped back to the RS1 grado woo what a difference did not realize how light on these where in there sound, i can see that certain music they will suit but over all impressions thumbs up
L3000.gif
for the LCD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back