Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #586 of 13,140
Chainmail would not make the Rev1 sound like a Rev2.  The essential difference between the two is up top in the presence region.  Most easily heard in a snare drum.  The Rev1 will sound fatter, while the Rev2 will be drier.  Its a preference thing, not performance since they both measure extremely well.  And again both are ruler flat from 20Hz-1kHz.

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #587 of 13,140
You should check the old LCD-2 thread. The one that got shut down after over 1200 pages. If you go back to the time LCD-2 Rev.2 started shipping, there are plenty of comparisons, debates, arguments, etc, etc... Might take some time, but then you'll know everything there is to know. I found WarriorAnt's comparison very helpful along with Macedonian Hero

Quote:
How different is Rev 1 to Rev 2. Would a Rev 1 w alo chain mail cable sound as good or better than Rev 2?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #589 of 13,140
http://www.head-fi.org/t/533209/lcd-2-and-lcd-3-owners-which-aftermarket-cable-do-you-use

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #592 of 13,140
Also posted in the D2000 thread, but eager for comparisons bass-wise with D2000s, as they are exactly what I look for in bass, but my right channel is blown so considering upgrade to LCD-2. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #593 of 13,140

Quote:
Also posted in the D2000 thread, but eager for comparisons bass-wise with D2000s, as they are exactly what I look for in bass, but my right channel is blown so considering upgrade to LCD-2. 

You wont be disappointed, as far as I know D2000s are a below the LCDs for sure, and the LCDs are made in the USA...get a fine wood cup earpiece and a fantastic presentation box too!

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #594 of 13,140
The boxes are stupid. I have no idea where to but them. I feel my apartment is flowing over with Audezeboxes - they are really huge. I recently figured I could use one of them to put spare tubes in, but the other one is then is filled up with the foam/velvet from both. Nice boxes - but good for nothing. 

Quote:
You wont be disappointed, as far as I know D2000s are a below the LCDs for sure, and the LCDs are made in the USA...get a fine wood cup earpiece and a fantastic presentation box too!

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #595 of 13,140

Quote:
The boxes are stupid. I have no idea where to but them. I feel my apartment is flowing over with Audezeboxes - they are really huge. I recently figured I could use one of them to put spare tubes in, but the other one is then is filled up with the foam/velvet from both. Nice boxes - but good for nothing. 

You know what though, when you pay that kind of money...to me it makes a difference, My GF bought me a pair of RS-1i for the holidays and they came in that crappy cardboard box, I flamed up another thread...also the wood selection for the cups was less than stellar too....

My point it, the QC for the LCD-2 and their attention to detail is quite impressive...I also like the travel case option too, those pelican cases are nice as well.

I store my LCDs in the box, unless Im doing extended listening then Ill use my stand (and put a bag over them for dust...LOL)
Pauly

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #596 of 13,140
The boxes are fine if you have room for it, but I cannot dedicate 1m2 of shelf space to a box for the LCD's... I have a dedicated drawer, though. 

Quote:
I store my LCDs in the box, unless Im doing extended listening then Ill use my stand (and put a bag over them for dust...LOL)
Pauly

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #597 of 13,140

Quote:

Cannot. Wait. Till. I. Can. Afford. Them.

Gah, I really should purchase a new (used) car first. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #599 of 13,140

Quote:

Yes priorities...however there are a couple pair on the used for sale forum for a great deal, one comes with an aftermarket cable, the other with two sets of earcups!

I'm reluctant to purchase used headphones, I know there's a higher likelihood that they werent misused and listened at excessive volumes from head-fiers but I consider it worth the extra money getting them new to be absolutely sure. Especially considering the reason I'm getting the LCD2s ASAP as opposed to when my income can actually justify it (i.e like 10 years from now!) is that friends listened at loud volumes and blew out my D2000s.

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #600 of 13,140
Sure I can appreciate that...however, these phones are extremely hard to drive and doubtful that prior owners of LCDs would be abusers, it is a different price point and consumer at that level...I was happy to get a phenomenal cable included with my LCDs at less than retail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back