Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #5,101 of 13,134
Sorry for the ignorance.  Haven't read through the thread for cable choices.
But what's the best bang for the buck after market cable?  Blue Jean Cable?  eBay seller? 

+1. I may be needing a balanced cable soon...

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #5,103 of 13,134

How would you compare it to a brand new one? Any sights of blemish, whatnot?

no blemishes or whatnots spotted , seriously, looked great 

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5,104 of 13,134
+1. I may be needing a balanced cable soon...

I remember people saying good things about the Norse Audio cables, especially for the price at the time. Mind you, I want to say this was when the first version of the LCD-2's where released and before they had a proper store front if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, just pledged for the Pulse X-Fi the other day, so I'll be needing balanced cables in a good six months or so (or sooner if they somehow quicken production).

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #5,105 of 13,134
  Sorry for the ignorance.  Haven't read through the thread for cable choices.
But what's the best bang for the buck after market cable?  Blue Jean Cable?  eBay seller? 

Seems like Q-Cable is the way to go.

http://stores.ebay.com/ilikevenusaudio?_dmd=2&_nkw=audeze

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,107 of 13,134
  How is it compared to stock? 

It's just a nicer cable, made with quality components. Furutech connectors are bomb. Sounds the same, as expected.

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #5,109 of 13,134
  Looking for an improvement in the sound rather than sounding the same as stock. 

Well, good luck with that. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #5,111 of 13,134
Looking for an improvement in the sound rather than sounding the same as stock. 

It wouldn't be an improvement. Just tweaked or different sound due to cable wire and geometry used. IMO, stock cables are best because that's the cable for which the drivers are tuned by Audeze. Also, the ribbon cables are the best geometry, just don't get them close to other wires or interferences (antenna effect, which is the exact thing prevented by Litzy geometry aside from tweaks in capacitance).

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #5,112 of 13,134
It wouldn't be an improvement. Just tweaked or different sound due to cable wire and geometry used. IMO, stock cables are best because that's the cable for which the drivers are tuned by Audeze. Also, the ribbon cables are the best geometry, just don't get them close to other wires or interferences (antenna effect, which is the exact thing prevented by Litzy geometry aside from tweaks in capacitance).

I've read the reviews on the Q cables.  Probably give them a try.
Even those who don't believe in cables seem to praise it for it's improved sound qualities. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #5,113 of 13,134
I've read the reviews on the Q cables.  Probably give them a try.
Even those who don't believe in cables seem to praise it for it's improved sound qualities. 

Unless the copper used is PCOCC-A, as I said, not improvement, just different sound character due to different wire and geometry used causing difference in conductivity (from wire) and capacitance, inductance and resistance (from geometry).

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #5,114 of 13,134
Hey guys, I plan on buying a Schiit Lyr 2 amp and Modi 2 DAC. I'm curious as to what the recommendations for other tubes are in the Lyr. I prefer a warmer sound for EDM music. I've never rolled tubes as the Lyr 2 would be my first tube amp, coming from the Fiio e7, e11 and iFi Nano iDSD (which I returned).

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #5,115 of 13,134
Hey guys, I plan on buying a Schiit Lyr 2 amp and Modi 2 DAC. I'm curious as to what the recommendations for other tubes are in the Lyr. I prefer a warmer sound for EDM music. I've never rolled tubes as the Lyr 2 would be my first tube amp, coming from the Fiio e7, e11 and iFi Nano iDSD (which I returned).

Try the stock tubes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back