Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #17 of 13,134
Will the wood trim be able to stand the rigors of mixing environments? Looks more for the audiophile unless something about the wood and sonic performance were the reason for using it. 

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #18 of 13,134
I think closed back headphones are more appropriate than open ones for studio use anyways.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 13,134

Yep, but actually I think I might prefer the up-occ PVC jacket 20 awg solid core that I made more....I am doing a blind test again with some friends soon with some different types of up-occ.

Quote:
Tigz, are you using four stranded 24 AWG UP-OCC wires for your currently favorite cable?

(sorry for OT)

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 13,134
Here is an update for people concerned about the screw scratching the top of your headband....

I used 3/16" heatshrink to protect it and make it look fairly clean....no tape needed.  So if you have heatshrink laying around it is a good option.  

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #21 of 13,134

Quote:
Will the wood trim be able to stand the rigors of mixing environments? Looks more for the audiophile unless something about the wood and sonic performance were the reason for using it. 

It´s built like a German Tank. Not a Hummer as KwKarth suggests :wink: It will get scratched of course if you let it llay around. I read somewhere at Audezes homepage it´s there for adding colouration. They are marketing it for both audiophiles and recorder/mixing engineers actually.

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #23 of 13,134

Quote:
It´s built like a German Tank. Not a Hummer as KwKarth suggests :wink: It will get scratched of course if you let it llay around. I read somewhere at Audezes homepage it´s there for adding colouration. They are marketing it for both audiophiles and recorder/mixing engineers actually.

Hummer?  The last pic I posted was of an Australian, Long Haul, overland train- Mack Truck, the Titan.  Where'd Hummer ever come from?  You people making more stuff up now?

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #24 of 13,134

Quote:
Hummer?  The last pic I posted was of an Australian, Long Haul, overland train- Mack Truck, the Titan.  Where'd Hummer ever come from?  You people making more stuff up now?

Didn't turn out quite how I'd imagined it to.  What gives?

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #26 of 13,134

Quote:

Well it looked like  a Hummer. No car expert :wink:

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 13,134

Quote:
Well it looked like  a Hummer. No car expert :wink:

No worries!  
gs1000.gif
  Here's the pic I posted:

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #29 of 13,134
Nice man you have quite a good eye for matching the color and making it look seemless.  Excellent attention to detail as well.  

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #30 of 13,134
Wonder if the bear will complain about clamping force? 
wink_face.gif

I did some listening this weekend to try to pick tracks to burn to CD for taking to meets.  Not sure it was very productive.  I was only really targeting stuff I liked, was really familiar with, and thought would cover a variety of different genres and sounds.  I ended up having to stop because most of the afternoon had gone by and my list was getting too long.  It was just too hard for me to stop listening.  Awesome stuff out of the Stacker.  If the prototype is a good indicator, the pending commercial Cavalli hybrid is going to be great with these too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back