Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #1,816 of 13,134
  Whens the last time the LCD-2 went on sale new? So basically for less than ~$1000

Officially? Never. Unofficially? Check on the Deal Thread III
wink.gif
  (use the search function)

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,817 of 13,134
  I just purchased a pair of LCD-2's, coming in a few days.  Anyone try their's on a woo wa5?  I hear they like a lot of juice, anyone try them in the K1000 jack?

I never liked the WA-5LE for these and a lot of other headphones I tried so if your WA-5 is anything similar to the LE than I would say the LCD2 would sound too intimate and liquidy with the pairing.

LCD2's don't need a lot of juice to sound good. But you definitely need to feed it some clean solid state current with the ample amount of voltage swing at the rated low z.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,818 of 13,134
I have just purchased my first set of Audeze LCD2s from the buy sell section of the forums. For now I'll be listening to them through PC -> Odac -> Little Dot MKIII tube amp. I think that setup will be adequate for now. If I really enjoy the cans I'll think about purchasing a lyr or something similar.

Oct 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,823 of 13,134
Actually that would be an easier way to tell if a "new" (as in not used) one is rev 1 or rev 2.

However, if you ever have any question about a used one you can tell by checking it with a multimeter.  100% serious.  If you look at old reviews and old posts about LCD2 they mention that its 50 ohms.  You can see the latest specs on the website say it is 60 ohms.  I have only seen one or two people post about this way to check though.  I have only measured my rev2, so I don't know how rev1 will measure.  You could always check with yours if you still have it.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,824 of 13,134
I know but OP said he is close to buying a B-stock LCD2, he can't just buy one measure it and then return it back if it isn't a rev.2. Also you won't find rev.1's with leather headbands from authorized Audeze distributors unless you buy a used unit from here that has the headband swapped out. Rev.2's also don't have the extra set of words: "Audio Research Labs" on the upper section of the housing grill.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,825 of 13,134
That headroom pair is 100% R2. It's freakin Bamboo for crying out loud, plus I check their B-stock inventory like 3 times a week. It's very R2, mid-2013 model.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #1,827 of 13,134
Well, thanks to the lot of you, I am a good deal poorer, and the proud owner of a pair of b-stock LCD 2's! 

Edit: Out of curiosity, am I the only one who greatly prefers the Bamboo look to the Rosewood?

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,828 of 13,134
  Well, thanks to the lot of you, I am a good deal poorer, and the proud owner of a pair of b-stock LCD 2's!

Edit: Out of curiosity, am I the only one who greatly prefers the Bamboo look to the Rosewood?

Congrats man! I do like the Bamboo too, but the rosewood is beautiful as well. I'll take either one, so I'm about 50/50 on them. I honestly didn't like the bamboo in pictures but once in my hand I liked it!

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #1,829 of 13,134

I do too, it's a poorer quality wood in terms of grain structure but the drivers are so close to your head I doubt very much of it's resonance properties come into play. I've owned the Rev1 Rosewood and Rev 2 bamboo so I can't make a definitive statement, but I didn't hear anything too crazy of a difference.

Aww boo I'm even further from the top now that the LCX is out =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back