Audeze LCD-1
Oct 16, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #46 of 1,085
They have the same headband...:beyersmile:

All jokes aside, I'm thrilled that Audeze finally released an LCD series headphone that won't leave me with a sore neck. This, combined with the reasonable pricing, makes me think that Audeze may have a real winner on their hands.

Don't think of the older LCD's as heavy, think of them as a headphone that includes a free membership at The Neck Gym...

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #47 of 1,085
and for all NYC Head-fiers: You can check out the LCD-1 at AES NYC this week! I was pumped to see Audeze there yesterday. Shows about to shut down today - but if you can - AES continues tomorrow and Friday at the Javitz :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #48 of 1,085
According to reports thus far, it seems like the the 1 will not have quite the same bass impact as you get from the 2C.

I don't expect it to be on the level as the 2c, but if it's within spitting distance in terms of of quantity and extension, I'd be okay with that. Basically I'm looking for something close to the Mobius on "music" or "warm" setting.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #49 of 1,085
and for all NYC Head-fiers: You can check out the LCD-1 at AES NYC this week! I was pumped to see Audeze there yesterday. Shows about to shut down today - but if you can - AES continues tomorrow and Friday at the Javitz :)
I was thinking about going, but none of my buddies can make it. Any other headphone companies there besides Audeze and Sennheiser?

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #51 of 1,085
I was thinking about going, but none of my buddies can make it. Any other headphone companies there besides Audeze and Sennheiser?

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look! I was helping my friends out at Sonic Studio/Streamsoft (Amarra) yesterday and Audeze's in the same row. I'll be back on Friday to check it all out

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #52 of 1,085
This is somewhere between Default and Warm on Mobius.
I know you mentioned the bass is good but not that impactful, so I will assume it not going to be close to your 2F.

This has got to beat out something like the Sundara, correct? Do you remember the Sendy Aiva.......Well that's now at $499 on Drop, I wounder how it would compare to that?

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #54 of 1,085
I know you mentioned the bass is good but not that impactful, so I will assume it not going to be close to your 2F.

This has got to beat out something like the Sundara, correct? Do you remember the Sendy Aiva.......Well that's now at $499 on Drop, I wounder how it would compare to that?
Would never buy the Sundara or 4XX for myself for that matter, much too annoyingly forward in the mids and treble. Have not reviewed the Aiva at home yet but it sounds like from Max Settings' review on YT that this is also more neutral than that

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #55 of 1,085
Sounds like this is the new mid-fi open can to get if you like a bassier tone which I feel there aren't as many great options. If I wasn't about to leave mid-fi right now I definitely would buy this. :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #56 of 1,085
IDK at this price, how good can it possibly be.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #57 of 1,085
IDK at this price, how good can it possibly be.
Considering some of the most revered headphones fall in this price range, PLENTY GOOD. Pricing is all relative, and not an indication of performance level. Perhaps the use of plastics, and other factors, such as ease of manufacturing also bear importance.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #58 of 1,085
Considering some of the most revered headphones fall in this price range, PLENTY GOOD. Pricing is all relative, and not an indication of performance level. Perhaps the use of plastics, and other factors, such as ease of manufacturing also bear importance.
OK. But I've heard several planar headphones below 1200 and they don't sound that great..... Bass Is usually a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back