Audeze LCD-1
Oct 16, 2019 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,087

billbishere

500+ Head-Fier
Audeze has carved out an excellent reputation for producing incredibly high-quality planar magnetic headphones. Now the company has decided to launch a lightweight and affordable pair of planar magnetic headphones aimed at anyone looking for a reference pair of audio headphones.

The new LCD-1 headphones combine Audeze’s planar magnetic technology with a new, lightweight, foldable design. Handcrafted in California, the LCD-1 headphones have been engineered to reference-quality audio but in a compact and travel-friendly size making them ideal for sound engineers and audiophiles who don’t want to make compromises when they’re on the move.

960x0.jpg

Audiophiles and sound engineers love planar magnetic headphones but they can be expensive and heavy. The Audeze LCD-1 are lightweight and affordable and designed for people on the move.

Audeze
Planar magnetic headphones use different technology to the regular dynamic drivers found in most headphones. They are a halfway house between dynamic headphones and the incredibly expensive electrostatic designs that are out of most people’s reach. Planar magnetic headphones incorporate many of the advantages of high-end electrostatic headphones, such as accuracy and agility, but without the need for the bulky power supply that electrostatic models require to drive them. Planar magnetic headphones are well regarded by audio professionals who prize them for their agility and response. Since the withdrawal by Oppo from the consumer electronics market, there’s been a gap in the market for a lightweight pair of magnetic planar headphones.

Audeze LCD-1 Key Features

Today In: Innovation

• Audeze Patented Technology: Ultra-thin Uniforce diaphragms and Fluxor Magnets provide powerful sound and excellent sonic detail with a high degree of accuracy.
  • Planar Magnetic Drivers: 90mm over-the-ear planar drivers for a wide dynamic range.
  • Open Circumaural Design: The LCD-1’s headphones are designed to deliver a transparent and spacious sound stage with accurate stereo imaging.
  • Fazor Wave Guides: Deep rich bass with zero audible distortion.
  • Compact, foldable design, perfect for mixing on the go and weighing just 250 grams.
  • Lightweight construction with memory foam earpads and headband for extended comfort during long listening sessions.
  • 3.5mm premium braided cable for tangle-free connection.
  • 1/4'' adapter included
  • Designed and built in the USA with imported and US-made parts.
Comment: If they sound anything like the company’s more expensive models of planar magnetic headphones, these Audeze LCD-1 headphones will be very popular with audiophiles looking to wring every last drop of detail from their audio systems. Hopefully, there will be a review before too long.

Pricing: £399 / $399 / €399

More information: www.audeze.com

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...able-planar-magnetic-headphones/#533bc5eb1c47

More info on this page:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-1.917165/page-2#post-15249501

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 1,087
Looks like pricing is

$399

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 1,087
An open Mobius? :no_mouth:

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 1,087
Looks like they're also trying to wipe out part of their history :D (I don't blame them... #neverforget)
Their very first headphone - LCD-1:

upload_2019-10-16_15-31-34.png

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 1,087
Looks nice. And only 250gm. Looks promising. But who knows what they will sound like. Hopefully not bright like the EL-8.

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #13 of 1,087
How is this different from the Sine DX, I wonder? Aside from being (nominally) over-ear, that is?

That was one of my first thoughts, and in fact, I was considering buying a used Sine DX, but the on-ear thing is a big disadvantage for me comfort-wise, so I doubt I'll consider that now that I've ordered the LCD-1. But I too wonder if the sound signature is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back