Audeze LCD-1
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #1,081 of 1,085
My LCD-1 have developed a crack, and reading the info here, it sounds like a common issue with these headphones.
This is a little frustrating because I really like them. They've been well looked after and I've no idea how the crack happened.
I do like listening to these when I want something a bit smaller and lighter than my LCD-2Cs that still sounds great.
Am I correct in thinking that you can't get these headphones now?

Attachments

• LCD-1-Cracked.jpg
    LCD-1-Cracked.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #1,082 of 1,085
They would be very hard to find but not impossible. I also liked the sound of my LCD 1s and went for the HiFiman Ananda as their replacement. The sound of those didn't quite suit my tastes and when the Audeze MM100 came out I bought a pair hoping that they would get close to the LCD 1 sound. While they are not the same they are reasonably similar. What was important is they had the sound qualities that I liked in the LCD 1s these being clarity, transparency, solid, clean bass and timbral accuracy. You might want to consider them.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #1,083 of 1,085
Finally found the time to make a balanced cable for my LCD-1, which is also shorter than the original one and more practical for my typical use when traveling. I only had large 3.5mm connectors on hand but I'm not displeased with the result, and they feel very sturdy. Cable is Mogami mini quad.

My LCD-1 also have the headband crack, I simply fixed them by wrapping the broken part in automotive tape. Lightly modded with Visaton speaker filling in the cups to remove resonances, they sound really great out of the Fiio KA5 and take up very little space in my suitcase when traveling.

1707375640592.png

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #1,084 of 1,085
Hello Everyone! As Expected my LCD 1 which were already substituted by Audeze for free (in warranty) for the same designs issue 2 years ago have developed again the same crack in the same headband spot just with casual usage at home. Has someone come up with a DIY solution at this point? Nonetheless to say I liked a lot my lcd 1, but sadly I won't be buying anymore anything from Audeze for 400$ price tag having this kind of flaw without retiring the product and give a refund It's something I can't accept as a customer. I have my 200$ akg 701 from 10 years + and they are still doing well. Thank you to everyone that will reply.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #1,085 of 1,085
Hello Everyone! As Expected my LCD 1 which were already substituted by Audeze for free (in warranty) for the same designs issue 2 years ago have developed again the same crack in the same headband spot just with casual usage at home. Has someone come up with a DIY solution at this point? ...
I don't have the LCD-1, but I have fixed similar problems with my aviation headsets and other applications, using PC-7 epoxy. It's very strong and when it works it is a permanent solution, if unsightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back