Audeze LCD-1
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #1,051 of 1,085
Just updated my reading ...
Having bought my LCD1 used, no warranty.
At the time it seems ok, but I'll have to check the shown "scratches as first sign of incoming fracture".
In case they would show, did someone try a preventive action, by gluing ? Using tape ? Another trick ?
I actually have haha. Ducttape was probably the most effective. You're going to have to keep reapplying the tape to keep it really tight though. Superglue did absolutely nothing to stop it for me but I haven't tried the industrial strength stuff so that may be a better option. Worst comes to worst and If I had no warranty, I would just say screw it and go the epoxy route...

The technique recommended above by ikaruga24 is probably the simplest preventative measure. I haven't done it myself, still waiting for my RMA to come in, but it makes sense given the situation. There's a lot of stress being place in that area of the headphone, especially when you're pulling them off, so you need to counterbalance it somehow.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #1,052 of 1,085
I listed my LCD-1 on ebay to finally pass them along since I upgraded to the LCD-X. They've been just sitting in their case untouched for over a year.

Looked at this thread and then I now realize that mine have a hairline crack in them, not a scratch. I had to revise my ad and probably need to revise it further or just unlist it.

I'm probably looking at a total loss in resale value and feel hesitant to even let someone spend their money on my pair.

I should have returned them as soon as I got them and heard how creaky the plastic was, but I trusted that Audeze wouldn't make a piece of junk.

Just how gentle and careful I am with things puts into perspective how defective the design and materials are to still have formed a crack.

Mine have never been dropped, snagged, leaned on or had any pressure applied to them.

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,053 of 1,085
I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer. I posted these off on the 17th and they would have tyaken a few days to get there as IO didn't use express post. The dealer has B stock but with all the cracking issues I don't want to go down that route so the Ananda stealth I mentioned in an earlier post might be the best way to go. Has anyone heard them?

EDIT: Auspost tracking shows them still in transit to the dealer.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #1,054 of 1,085
After a lot of mucking about by Australia Post, my LCD1s have reached the dealer who has confirmed the fault and is happy to replace them. I've asked them to consider letting me upgrade to a better pair of planars and pay whatever they deem to be the difference in price.

I have decided to upgrade to the HiFiman Ananda Stealth provided the dealer is prepared to come to the party. They have done this in the past. My Burson Play died and they let me upgrade to the lovely Playmate 2 and were very generous with their offer. It's the reason they are my go to when I look at new equipment as I value service and these folks deliver.

Has anyone heard the Ananda?

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,055 of 1,085
I have finally been able to create an EQ curve for the LCD-1 which sounds very neutral to my ears (I know the soundstage is still small, but that's all I expect from such a compact headphone). I have already tried several compensation curves and also tried the EQ settings of Oratory, Audiosciencereview and Crinacle and was not satisfied.

Feel free to listen and tell me what you think about it :)

I used a narrow filter at 10khz because I noticed a resonance which sounds fatiguing to my ears. Actually, resonance should not be filtered, but this was the only way to get it under control.

I can also send you the EQuilibrium file. just write me via PN.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 17.49.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 17.49.48.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #1,056 of 1,085
And i am now a sad panda. My LCD 1, second one, is looking pristine but the right cup has died.

I believed it was the cable but nope, it's the cup. Right side, completely silent.

I have now sent another message to audeze support and informed Amazon as well.

At this point i am willing to take something else if Audeze would allow it. I would love my LCD-1 but i am having thoughts that the third model will get something broken or stop working rather soon.

If audeze agrees maybe a Mobius would prove more robust in place of the LCD-1?

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #1,057 of 1,085
And i am now a sad panda. My LCD 1, second one, is looking pristine but the right cup has died.

I believed it was the cable but nope, it's the cup. Right side, completely silent.

I have now sent another message to audeze support and informed Amazon as well.

At this point i am willing to take something else if Audeze would allow it. I would love my LCD-1 but i am having thoughts that the third model will get something broken or stop working rather soon.

If audeze agrees maybe a Mobius would prove more robust in place of the LCD-1?

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope that folks at Audeze will sort you out!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 13, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #1,059 of 1,085
I have read a few cases in this topic that resemble mine with dead drivers. I am not sure if it is a built issue or a quality control issue.

Every now and then headphone drivers also break just as everything else, but it's good to know that the manufacturer has you covered. That's the most important thing in cases such as yours :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 21, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #1,060 of 1,085
Does anyone have a general ETA of when Audeze usually deals with fault tickets and how quickly these are resolved?

It's been about 10 days now and i have had no updates in regards to my ticket. I sent a follow up a couple of days ago to chase it up which i am still waiting on it.

I do understand it's the time of year that there is a lot of work and delays are expected. How long would you wait before opening a new ticket?

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #1,061 of 1,085
Does anyone have a general ETA of when Audeze usually deals with fault tickets and how quickly these are resolved?

It's been about 10 days now and i have had no updates in regards to my ticket. I sent a follow up a couple of days ago to chase it up which i am still waiting on it.

I do understand it's the time of year that there is a lot of work and delays are expected. How long would you wait before opening a new ticket
We're currently out a few customer service members in a team you can count on one hand, in the most slammed season of the year, in addition to having a product launch at the same time. We're doing our best but it may take longer to reach back out. I truly apologize for any delays.

What's your ticket number? I'll ping whomever is taking care of your ticket to give you an update.

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #1,062 of 1,085
We're currently out a few customer service members in a team you can count on one hand, in the most slammed season of the year, in addition to having a product launch at the same time. We're doing our best but it may take longer to reach back out. I truly apologize for any delays.

What's your ticket number? I'll ping whomever is taking care of your ticket to give you an update.
Order # 206-3415106-5075557

This is my Amazon order of the unit. I don't have a specific ticket number as it was picked up by Andrew and asked me for my name, address, phone number and S/N of the headphones.

S/n: L1200466

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,063 of 1,085
Order # 206-3415106-5075557

This is my Amazon order of the unit. I don't have a specific ticket number as it was picked up by Andrew and asked me for my name, address, phone number and S/N of the headphones.

S/n: L1200466
For future reference, customer service only has access to direct Audeze.com website orders. But it seems yours is an old order so we use the invoice as proof of purchase only.

Your ticket # is 179271.

It seems it was assigned to another one of our main CS leads. I'll ping him to provide an update for you. He's currently handling essentially 3 people's worth of work, so please allow him some time to respond. I told him to send you a response asap, so you should get one by today.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delays.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #1,064 of 1,085
For future reference, customer service only has access to direct Audeze.com website orders. But it seems yours is an old order so we use the invoice as proof of purchase only.

Your ticket # is 179271.

It seems it was assigned to another one of our main CS leads. I'll ping him to provide an update for you. He's currently handling essentially 3 people's worth of work, so please allow him some time to respond. I told him to send you a response asap, so you should get one by today.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delays.
I totally understand the load of this period which is why i am not keen on pressure for no reason.

You are an absolute star handling this.

I am not sure if it's possible or not but i am a bit weary of the LCD1 robustness and i was inquiring about the possibility of exchanging this with something more robust. Maybe a Mobius or another LCD like 2 or classic. Anything really.

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #1,065 of 1,085
I'm sure your support ticket lead will be inquiring with management on possible solutions for you.

On another note (not relevant to you, Ikaruga):

For anyone who orders from Amazon, unless you're attempting to get a refund/replacement within the Amazon return period, it is absolutely always best to contact the manufacturer (us) for issues, since things get a bit weird with Amazon CS as they try and contact us, and it becomes a bit messy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back