Audeze LCD-1
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #1,066 of 1,085
I'm sure your support ticket lead will be inquiring with management on possible solutions for you.

On another note (not relevant to you, Ikaruga):

For anyone who orders from Amazon, unless you're attempting to get a refund/replacement within the Amazon return period, it is absolutely always best to contact the manufacturer (us) for issues, since things get a bit weird with Amazon CS as they try and contact us, and it becomes a bit messy.
You are indeed a star. This is now sorted!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,067 of 1,085
Hi everybody, i have a big problem with my Audeze lcd 1, the thing is they just stopped working today.There was nothing before it, so no falling, water or anything like that.I just left them on my table went, came back and they dont work anymore.I have tried like 5 different cables multiple sources from hifi player to laptop with phone, but they just don't work at all both of the sides.I live in Netherlands right now nearby Amsterdam, maybe someone would recommend me a good place that specializes on headphones and audio device's in general, or maybe some people here on the forum have golden hand's and could possibly help me with my issue.Looking forward to your responds gentleman's, its a big budget problem for me, so i really need your help!

Apr 5, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #1,068 of 1,085
Jun 22, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #1,069 of 1,085
Ok, since LCD-1 are not in production any longer I need to move on. and I need your help in a search for next step up in SQ but still light and preferably small headphones that I could easily travel with. In terms of sound signature I would like to retain LCD-1 softness and warmth but with more details and larger sound stage. If you ever listen to Reef the best of or Beth Hart War in my mind you know where LCD-1 are lacking. Any ideas?
Hi sorry to respond to your comment a year later, but I also had some interest in the LCD-1 when it was released but decided to pass on it because of the high price (between $400 to $500 in my region).
As you mention I was interested in it because it was light/portable/easy to drive and planar which was quite unique when it was released.
I guess also another reason I passed on it was because it was a 1st gen product in that type for Audeze, I guess after not being able to find any prices for a new LCD-1 anywhere now in 2023 I found this thread expecting some kind of announcement for the 2nd gen version of the LCD-1 (LCD-1S?), preferably improved as you say with higher resolution and larger sound-stage (reportedly the original was quite the opposite for an open-back). I think I will be ok with the "softness" of the sound, because I think I prefer a more subtle top-end treble experience.

Anyway sadly I can't find any discounted new LCD-1's right now (even on Amazon UK as another older comment suggested) and no news about it's replacement in the pipe-line either.

edit: also I just realized you are the same user who posted that photo I linked in my 2nd comment below.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #1,070 of 1,085
The reports of drivers that "stop" working is a bit worrying, but I have a suggestion for those who are experiencing a cracking headband.

As long as the crack is a single line and not multiple pieces (like this photo from this thread), it will be relatively easy to use plastic-on-plastic adhesive (the type that comes with a marker pen activator to prep the surfaces - available at your local hardware store) and put it back together. And don't worry about how it will hold, I have fixed many things this way and the adhesive holds better than you could ever imagine as long as you follow the instructions to a tea and let it dry out properly. (a tip would be don't be shy with the activator especially if the surface you are applying it to is a bit rough, and be precise with the actual adhesive. then after fitting it in place just give it a quick single wipe with a tissue to remove the tiny bit of excess that squeezes out)

In no way am I saying "this is what you should do" obviously if you aren't happy about it you can make your own mind up. but if it's been many years after purchasing or outside of warranty etc, and the headphones function perfectly fine otherwise I just thought to suggest it.

I have even used plastic-on-plastic adhesive with great success to put together silicone and plastic on my suunto fitness watch that fell apart from being so old (3 or 4 years I think). the plastic hinges holding the metal bar of the strap on snapped into smaller pieces so I had no chance of putting that back together, but I didn't want to give up so I just stuck the silicone of the top of the band directly to the area between the hinges on the plastic watch case (the entire contact area), and it has held together to this day even with all the flexibility of the silicone and daily movement from wear. I can 100% recommend this stuff it's cheap, comes in a small tube you barely use any of it though. The brand/line-up I use is Henkel Loctite (just the regular plastic to plastic one).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #1,071 of 1,085
Hi sorry to respond to your comment a year later, but I also had some interest in the LCD-1 when it was released but decided to pass on it because of the high price (between $400 to $500 in my region).
As you mention I was interested in it because it was light/portable/easy to drive and planar which was quite unique when it was released.
I guess also another reason I passed on it was because it was a 1st gen product in that type for Audeze, I guess after not being able to find any prices for a new LCD-1 anywhere now in 2023 I found this thread expecting some kind of announcement for the 2nd gen version of the LCD-1 (LCD-1S?), preferably improved as you say with higher resolution and larger sound-stage (reportedly the original was quite the opposite for an open-back). I think I will be ok with the "softness" of the sound, because I think I prefer a more subtle top-end treble experience.

Anyway sadly I can't find any discounted new LCD-1's right now (even on Amazon UK as another older comment suggested) and no news about it's replacement in the pipe-line either.

edit: also I just realized you are the same user who posted that photo I linked in my 2nd comment below.
@pecotunkA With Audeze introducing MM-100 and all the quality issues with LCD-1 I highly doubt there will be 2nd gen available any time soon if ever. I think MM-100 is being marked in similar way to LCD-1 in some areas that makes even more confident in my theory. Considering the fact that it seems sound signature is random across Audezee product range and they force EQ to make their cans sound better I'm not really interested in MM-100.

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #1,072 of 1,085
@pecotunkA With Audeze introducing MM-100 and all the quality issues with LCD-1 I highly doubt there will be 2nd gen available any time soon if ever. I think MM-100 is being marked in similar way to LCD-1 in some areas that makes even more confident in my theory. Considering the fact that it seems sound signature is random across Audezee product range and they force EQ to make their cans sound better I'm not really interested in MM-100.
Thanks wasn’t aware of the MM-100.
Although it seems like a completely different approach and similar to their other $XXXX line-up in terms of design, maybe a little more compact looking though.
MM-100 looks very similar in shape to the Closed-back Wireless Maxwell.

Damn I was hoping to see an evolution of the LCD-1 design available soon. Maybe slightly larger and deeper cups but that more portable style was really appealing (even if they aren’t for portable use because Open-back).

Also just checked and.
LCD-1 = 250grams.
MM-100 = 385grams.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #1,073 of 1,085
You can for the most part consider the MM-100 the successor to the LCD-1. Both target a very neutral response at a more budget conscious price range.

The weight difference we believe will be negligible in that the MM-100 suspension style headband distributes the weight better than the LCD-1 in our humble opinion.

The build has also evolved and improved in materials compared to the LCD-1.

We think existing and past LCD-1 owners will find a lot to love with the upcoming MM100.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 23, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #1,074 of 1,085
You can for the most part consider the MM-100 the successor to the LCD-1. Both target a very neutral response at a more budget conscious price range.

The weight difference we believe will be negligible in that the MM-100 suspension style headband distributes the weight better than the LCD-1 in our humble opinion.

We think existing and past LCD-1 owners will find a lot to love with the upcoming MM100.
I have the LCD-1 and it is not neutral at all, if the mm-100 has similar tuning then it would be a bit disappointing for me, but I hope the tuning is based on the MM-500.
what I would like to see is linear Bass from 20hz-1khz.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,076 of 1,085

Hi thank you Audeze for responding and clarifying things.

I found it interesting how you went with quite a different design with the LCD-1, but I guess that is the nature of most 1st gen designs there is a chance they will not continue down that road. The LCD-1's svelt design actually appealed to me a lot since I like to lie down with the back of my head on a pillow when doing critical listening. It seemed comfortable and unobtrusive which is what I liked, also compact in general for planar driver headphones.
I guess it's my loss for not jumping on them when I saw a slight discount, they all disappeared and I now can't find any LCD-1 units at all that are available to purchase new from retailers.

Well in a hopeful way I like to say never say never!
Maybe a few years down the line you may try something out of the ordinary again if not similar. And hopefully I can afford it!! 🙂

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,077 of 1,085
My LCD-1 headband just broke a couple weeks back as well. Purchased about 3 years ago so they're not under warranty anymore, but I bought them off amazon so not even sure if that's an authorized dealer. I emailed audezee anyways and didn't get a reply. Seems like replacement parts aren't available and nobody made an aftermarket headband for these.

Is trying to tape them back together with gorilla tape or something my best bet?

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,078 of 1,085
My LCD-1 headband just broke a couple weeks back as well. Purchased about 3 years ago so they're not under warranty anymore, but I bought them off amazon so not even sure if that's an authorized dealer. I emailed audezee anyways and didn't get a reply. Seems like replacement parts aren't available and nobody made an aftermarket headband for these.

Is trying to tape them back together with gorilla tape or something my best bet?
When did you email Audeze? They've been good with communication and are present here in this thread. Give them time or shoot them another email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back