Audeze LCD-1
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #61 of 1,085
The one thing I'm loving most about these is that at $399, I think they are the least expensive "Made In The USA" headphones now available.

God bless good ol' American ingenuity! :dt880smile:

giphy (12).gif

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #62 of 1,085
You're probably listening to total crap like the M1060 then lol
No, some of the Audeze stuff actually... Hey don't get me wrong, I love planar. Rocking CL2, and planning on getting a planar set of cans, but I'm planning on getting a used pair of the Arya. That's the sweet spot for me...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #63 of 1,085
OK. But I've heard several planar headphones below 1200 and they don't sound that great..... Bass Is usually a mess.
Don't know what you listen to but for YEARS the HFM HE400 Rev. 2 was beloved for its fantastic bass section.

Or MrSpeakers stuff. There's plenty out there that do quite well and you don't need to spend a large amount of money for. Part of the experience should be to find these lower cost options that put higher cost things to shame at times. Like the DT880 being a headphone some people would still choose over any higher price Beyer teslas. Over even AKG K60x series being preferred over the higher prices K70X series to some.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #65 of 1,085
Don't know what you listen to but for YEARS the HFM HE400 Rev. 2 was beloved for its fantastic bass section.

Or MrSpeakers stuff. There's plenty out there that do quite well and you don't need to spend a large amount of money for. Part of the experience should be to find these lower cost options that put higher cost things to shame at times. Like the DT880 being a headphone some people would still choose over any higher price Beyer teslas. Over even AKG K60x series being preferred over the higher prices K70X series to some.
Good to know. This next Canjam NYC I'm going to focus on headphones and desktop source. I'm set for IEMs and portable for now.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #66 of 1,085
To me, the LCD-1 sounds like the LCD-X but with a more exciting treble response. For an Audeze headphone, it's extraordinarily lightweight. I can see this headphone being a great for working out with, or for bringing to a meetup easily.

Who works out with wired open-back headphones made out of genuine leather?

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #67 of 1,085
My bathwater is warm. I use this term often by myself, but it´s not really precise to describe a sound signature.
I use warm for sound signature a lot because I think it's self explanatory to anyone that's been around long enough to grasp the audiophile definition of what warm is. You can have a sound that is warmer, softer, thicker than neutral, or dry, sterile, lean...cold signatures.

I dunno. Warm is just fine to me.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #68 of 1,085
No, some of the Audeze stuff actually... Hey don't get me wrong, I love planar. Rocking CL2, and planning on getting a planar set of cans, but I'm planning on getting a used pair of the Arya. That's the sweet spot for me...
Yeah if you're liking the Hifiman tone then Audeze might not be your thing at all. The "big" LCDs are the polar opposite FR from the Hifiman stuff, on the warm and syrupy side instead.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #69 of 1,085
I use warm for sound signature a lot because I think it's self explanatory to anyone that's been around long enough to grasp the audiophile definition of what warm is. You can have a sound that is warmer, softer, thicker than neutral, or dry, sterile, lean...cold signatures.

I dunno. Warm is just fine to me.

Just look at your own explanation: warm, cold, softer, thick and sterile... . It provides a lot of room for interpretation.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #70 of 1,085
Yeah if you're liking the Hifiman tone then Audeze might not be your thing at all. The "big" LCDs are the polar opposite FR from the Hifiman stuff, on the warm and syrupy side instead.
Exactly, that's what I heard...

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #71 of 1,085
Just look at your own explanation: warm, cold, softer, thick and sterile... . It provides a lot of room for interpretation.
Maybe for you, but I haven't heard anyone prize of this thread that wouldn't know what a warm headphone is next to a cold one. Unless you're an absolute rookie to the headphone game.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #72 of 1,085
Maybe for you, but I haven't heard anyone prize of this thread that wouldn't know what a warm headphone is next to a cold one. Unless you're an absolute rookie to the headphone game.
This is music after all, not math.

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #74 of 1,085
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back