Audeze LCD-1
Oct 30, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #362 of 1,085
Glad to hear that you are enjoying these so much. I guess I'm trying to get my head around "portable open back headphone." Not sure, but I think that phrase is an oxymoron. Highly efficient, doesn't need much of an amp, runs well from a decent DAP, and folds compactly into a travel case. But, being open back will be a deal breaker for many people to use them as a portable even a transportable. BUT, if these turn out to truly be a successor to the Senn hd6x0, then things could get very interesting. I'm just not convinced that it's true. Time will tell though. Statements like this from MH do keep me hopeful though.

I suspect to see a closed back version soon, maybe after the first of the year.

I can easily bring them to work and use them there or with me when I travel and use them in my hotel room. There certainly is a place for them. For me, there are no "ifs" they become a true successor to the HD6X0....they surpass them in pretty much every way (including comfort).

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #365 of 1,085
I can easily bring them to work and use them there or with me when I travel and use them in my hotel room. There certainly is a place for them. For me, there are no "ifs" they become a true successor to the HD6X0....they surpass them in pretty much every way (including comfort).

Wow, that's a strong statement there sir. Here's hoping that I end up agreeing with you.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #368 of 1,085
can' t wait man! Just tell me about lcd1 bass? please...

It is what we have come to expect from Audeze...deep, hard hitting, fast, textured and still very balanced. You can have your cake and eat it too with these headphones.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #369 of 1,085
Cheap electrostats are always a good alternative for sure...

Comfy good sounding headphones.
Feather Lite, rich, balanced sound, incredibly quick response.
ES headphones are a different sonic world.
As a Planar is to a Dynamic, so is an Electrostat to a Planar or a Dynamic.
Think "Sennheiser finally made a Planar", and you see the vision...the Koss wants you to hear.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #370 of 1,085
Glad to hear that you are enjoying these so much. I guess I'm trying to get my head around "portable open back headphone." Not sure, but I think that phrase is an oxymoron. Highly efficient, doesn't need much of an amp, runs well from a decent DAP, and folds compactly into a travel case. But, being open back will be a deal breaker for many people to use them as a portable even a transportable. BUT, if these turn out to truly be a successor to the Senn hd6x0, then things could get very interesting. I'm just not convinced that it's true. Time will tell though. Statements like this from MH do keep me hopeful though.

Did you every try an Oppo PM-3?
Kinda the same thing.
'Nice little gear.
I suspect that the LCD-1 is going to sonically crush the mostly favorably reviewed Oppo set.
Tech is moving along, so, what was good 5 yrs ago, is still good but what is good now, is quite a bit better.
The one that is best for you, is the one you love, even if most of the reviews said you shouldn't because the graph and the chart said they know best...:)
The only review that matters is your ears.
I recall that years ago Tyll flipped out for the original Sennheiser Momentum.
= Yuck. This is the headphone that borrowed the worst of the BeyerDynamic "cuppy" midrange and fed it steroids and sold it by the gazallions.
The LCD-1 may have a flaw, as what headphone is perfect? but "cuppy midrange" wont be its sonic weak link.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #371 of 1,085
It is what we have come to expect from Audeze...deep, hard hitting, fast, textured and still very balanced. You can have your cake and eat it too with these headphones.
Thanks a lot. I have iSine 10 with both balanced cable and cipher. Don''t know if you have listen to the isine 10 or isine 20. Hope the lcd1 will "improve" that sound signature of the iSine

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #372 of 1,085
can' t wait man! Just tell me about lcd1 bass? please...

Bass - Much lighter in impact than LCD-2+ HP for sure so don't expect that. Quick, Accurate. More linear and flatter than 650 and sub-bass is clear and accurate. Quantity, it's not much... No where near a closed back obviously....

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #373 of 1,085
Bass - Much lighter in impact than LCD-2+ HP for sure so don't expect that. Quick, Accurate. More linear and flatter than 650 and sub-bass is clear and accurate. Quantity, it's not much... No where near a closed back obviously....

Have you heard the Aeon Flow C?
So, it is possible to make a set of headphones, closed, with a very lean bass response as this one has it.
I'm curious to compare the LCD-1s to the LCD-X and the Cleer Next and the HifiMan EditionX V2.
Fun, dead ahead.....:)

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #374 of 1,085
Looking forward to a head2head with Era-1 and PM-3. :L3000:
Got both, so i'm very interested in.

Never go back to DD. :)

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #375 of 1,085
Audeze has carved out an excellent reputation for producing incredibly high-quality planar magnetic headphones. Now the company has decided to launch a lightweight and affordable pair of planar magnetic headphones aimed at anyone looking for a reference pair of audio headphones.

The new LCD-1 headphones combine Audeze’s planar magnetic technology with a new, lightweight, foldable design. Handcrafted in California, the LCD-1 headphones have been engineered to reference-quality audio but in a compact and travel-friendly size making them ideal for sound engineers and audiophiles who don’t want to make compromises when they’re on the move.

960x0.jpg

Audiophiles and sound engineers love planar magnetic headphones but they can be expensive and heavy. The Audeze LCD-1 are lightweight and affordable and designed for people on the move.

Audeze
Planar magnetic headphones use different technology to the regular dynamic drivers found in most headphones. They are a halfway house between dynamic headphones and the incredibly expensive electrostatic designs that are out of most people’s reach. Planar magnetic headphones incorporate many of the advantages of high-end electrostatic headphones, such as accuracy and agility, but without the need for the bulky power supply that electrostatic models require to drive them. Planar magnetic headphones are well regarded by audio professionals who prize them for their agility and response. Since the withdrawal by Oppo from the consumer electronics market, there’s been a gap in the market for a lightweight pair of magnetic planar headphones.

Audeze LCD-1 Key Features

Today In: Innovation

• Audeze Patented Technology: Ultra-thin Uniforce diaphragms and Fluxor Magnets provide powerful sound and excellent sonic detail with a high degree of accuracy.
  • Planar Magnetic Drivers: 90mm over-the-ear planar drivers for a wide dynamic range.
  • Open Circumaural Design: The LCD-1’s headphones are designed to deliver a transparent and spacious sound stage with accurate stereo imaging.
  • Fazor Wave Guides: Deep rich bass with zero audible distortion.
  • Compact, foldable design, perfect for mixing on the go and weighing just 250 grams.
  • Lightweight construction with memory foam earpads and headband for extended comfort during long listening sessions.
  • 3.5mm premium braided cable for tangle-free connection.
  • 1/4'' adapter included
  • Designed and built in the USA with imported and US-made parts.
Comment: If they sound anything like the company’s more expensive models of planar magnetic headphones, these Audeze LCD-1 headphones will be very popular with audiophiles looking to wring every last drop of detail from their audio systems. Hopefully, there will be a review before too long.

Pricing: £399 / $399 / €399

More information: www.audeze.com

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...able-planar-magnetic-headphones/#533bc5eb1c47

More info on this page:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-1.917165/page-2#post-15249501
It’s competing with mp m570

Users who are viewing this thread

Back