Audeze LCD-1
Oct 31, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #378 of 1,087
I just got my set and ran them from my phone for a bit. Will have to test them further tonight from my desktop, but I highly disagree with statements saying that they surpass the HD650 in every way. I never even considered myself a huge fan of the HD650, but I can think of at least two categories where the 650 clearly pulls ahead of the LCD-1.... But yes, I do think the LCD-1 also has the upper hand in other fields.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #380 of 1,087
I just got my set and ran them from my phone for a bit. Will have to test them further tonight from my desktop, but I highly disagree with statements saying that they surpass the HD650 in every way. I never even considered myself a huge fan of the HD650, but I can think of at least two categories where the 650 clearly pulls ahead of the LCD-1.... But yes, I do think the LCD-1 also has the upper hand in other fields.

Highly interesting point of view.

Enjoy your gear.. :)

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #381 of 1,087

In what areas do you find the HD 650 to clearly pull ahead? I have a HD 6XX, so curious what you think the advantages and disadvantages are.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #382 of 1,087
Ah nice found them for 420 eurobucks...For me the advantage will be light, portable, awesome. i dondt wont HD Tractors on my head and i dondt care if there is old ancient stuff thats subjectiv better on those..
I listen to Sundaras and i hate the weight and bulky shape.. nice.. puhh pull the trigger. i guees they will be mid november shipping. Maybe wait for the paypal bill and then strike :wink:)

For me it was a sure no brainer when i heard about the features that i want to have them. i give not to much about numbing superbass (my nice Tinitus makes me a bit sensitive)

cool and if my sick cables dondt work ill send it back without thinking :wink:
Nice. i really want them!

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #383 of 1,087
Ah nice found them for 420 eurobucks...For me the advantage will be light, portable, awesome. i dondt wont HD Tractors on my head and i dondt care if there is old ancient stuff thats subjectiv better on those..
I listen to Sundaras and i hate the weight and bulky shape.. nice.. puhh pull the trigger. i guees they will be mid november shipping. Maybe wait for the paypal bill and then strike :wink:)

For me it was a sure no brainer when i heard about the features that i want to have them. i give not to much about numbing superbass (my nice Tinitus makes me a bit sensitive)

cool and if my sick cables dondt work ill send it back without thinking :wink:
Nice. i really want them!
Yes, we need more definitive information regarding aftermarket and balanced cables.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #385 of 1,087
Yeah they told me my Electro Acousti Cable will work.. ill try and if it wojnt work it will be send back for sure.. 200 Bucks Neotech endgame cable is my standard now and i dondt want Stock cables.
Buuuttt the Size and Weight is one of my biggest inerests in those.. anything can sound a fart better subjectiv thinking but 250 grams ist lightweight and no heavy bulky tractor or washingmachine.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #386 of 1,087
Totally .. but i dondt care if the stage is big or small if there are some great artists sitting on the stage :wink:
You cant sell something perfect for 400 bucks with a lineup that goes till mars from the price.. would be ...ehhh strange :wink: like.. "!oh look our toyota corolla is as fast as our ferrari karate xt 4000 of doom"

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #387 of 1,087

I wonder how good the 6XX sounds connected to that phone. :thinking:

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #389 of 1,087
I dondt care :wink: i hate those sennheiser cans.. when i first bought headphoens i tried all stuff in a big german Musicstore (thats sctually the name.. funny ) and i got me dt880 and i hated the akg and sennheiser because they where unconfortabel and didnt sound great for me..

So ... nothing actually :wink: i dondt care about those.. i had AKG 240 Studios for nearly 14 years so i am a fan of honest neutral cat like antisocial headphones that tell you "this music is crap so i will make it sound crap" :wink:)

Since i got E1DA 9038s and PDV2 i have got a fusion reactor stong powersource mobile and at home.. nice! aaaaaannnd i can EQ the LDC-1 with the PDV2 and remvoe some flaws :wink:

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #390 of 1,087
@ustinj i guess its try and buy now :wink:
the only 2 reviews (that unpacking thing is useless but has nice background lights and looks great.. wich is useless :wink: ) are totally suggesting something i like.
well ill see i guess at the end of november.. and if i cant use my cables and the mmcx to 3,5 adapters than i dondt care how great the might be..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back