1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-1

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by billbishere, Oct 16, 2019.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. PopZeus
    That ongoing urge to compare the LCD-1 with the Mobius makes me wonder if a sealed version is eventually gonna happen. Closed-back headphones have a tangible benefit in the studio as well, not just in portable use-cases...

trellus likes this.
  2. KMann
    @trellus Beat me to it.
    The only thing I would add is if you just want a complete package and do not want to invest in a DAC or amp I would recommend Mobius even if you do not wish to use any of the 3D features, Mobius is fully capable of delivering a neutral sound (in more than one flavor).

On the other hand LCD1 is the better choice if you want maximum flexibility in terms of the source you want to use. LCD1 is also lighter than Mobius if that is a factor. LCD1 is open vs Mobius is closed which will be a factor if isolation and leakage are important. LCD1 will provide a larger sound stage compared to Mobius if you turn off 3D processing in Mobius but Mobius will sound larger with 3D processing on.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    kukkurovaca, slapo, metal571 and 6 others like this.
  3. Grimlock248
    Metal571 said that he has someone the Monoprice M570 on the way to review. That has the same driver as the family of the Aiva, Blon B???, and Takstar variant. The Monoprice is only $300. Look up the review by JDM WAAT on YouTube. It's one of the only ones out there at the moment. Looking forward to Metal's comparison with the lcd-1.

4. trellus
    Oh, I bet there's a closed LCD-1 (LCD-1C? :D) coming down the pike, maybe summer 2020, assuming the LCD-1 does well, and I anticipate it will. :) . I agree with you, @PopZeus, there are definite benefits to closed cans, particularly in the studio, that justifies a LCD-1 closed since it has a different use case than wireless / gaming / active-only Mobius closed planar headphones.

PopZeus likes this.
  5. XERO1
    Oh, I think the eventual release of a closed-back version of the LCD-1 will come as a surprise to absolutely no one! :sunglasses:

Maelob, PopZeus and trellus like this.
  6. phthora
    FullBright1, you see, Metal571 had the nicest things to say about the treble and Audeze, in trying to convince people to buy their headphones, decided to use the most positive blurb from the review. The only thing that this implies is that the LCD-1 has really good treble.

The Audeze house sound is many things, but it is certainly not focused on treble. I seriously doubt that they would try to use the marketing campaign for one of their cheapest products to redefine "reference" in such a way that their headphones generally, including the flagship, would not qualify as reference. That would be very damaging to the marketing of those other headphones. You are simply reading way too much into a one sentence blurb and not reading enough out of the lengthy, articulate, detailed review that Metal571 has done. Save us all some time and just watch the damn thing instead of speculating nonsensically based on the merest scrap of subjective impressions.

metal571, GREQ, dsrk and 5 others like this.
  7. Krassi
    When they are available in europe i wanna try them as soon as possible.
    With E1DA Pdv2 an Neutral Headphone is what i want and in the review its said the bass is not extreme.. well i can eq bass but i cant make it more detailed.. sounds really interesting!
    Thanks for this interesting review @metal571 you hit the spots that interest me!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    metal571 likes this.
  8. Audeze
    >>reading way too much into a one sentence blurb
    Did not realize the blurbs we put on the site are analyzed to this detail. We added a few more comments. Probably next week we should get more impressions. We got a lot of amazing feedback from AES New York the last few days as well.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
    Maelob, Double C, metal571 and 9 others like this.
  9. Beagle
    I am quite confident that this is going to be a special headphone, esp. for the money.

trellus likes this.
  10. Khronos
    Can't wait for a closed back version!

roffe likes this.
  11. johnzz4
    @FullBright1 I believe Audeze uses the term ‘Reference Series’ to imply that the frequency response is neutral and suitable for studio/professional work. I’m sure it will punch well above it’s price point, but I think you are misinterpreting the use of the word ‘reference’ in this case.

phthora and trellus like this.
  12. ustinj
    The Aiva surprised me and not in a particularly positive way. I never looked too deeply into people's reviews or thoughts of the Aiva, but to my understanding there were several (some prominent) who absolutely loved the Aiva and recommended it with enthusiasm. For that reason, I was expecting something much better -- my conclusion was that its bass was limp with weak dynamics, midrange was very weird, but the treble was quite nice with good resolution. I am surprised that so many people are happy trading off more than half of the spectrum for a pleasant top end and build quality (as someone who prioritizes tonality over technicality, I'd probably take the Sundara over the Aiva in this case -- also mid-tier planar that has nice treble IMO).

I am hoping the LCD-1 pulls through with great treble, so that people won't have to settle for the Aiva :wink:

phthora likes this.
  13. VRacer-111
    Is there any difference in earpad size between the Mobius and LCD-1? I liked the Mobius sound best out of all the Audeze headphones I've ever tried, but two things absolutely killed it for me: the cheap, rubberized plastic and the too-small earpads. Thankfully no rubberized plastic on the LCD-1, but are the pads about the same size? I'm very interested in the LCD-1 but pretty sure the ear pad size will kill it for me. The smallest pads that somewhat comfortable fit me are those on full sized Beyerdynamics or a Sennheiser HD6xx.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  14. sup27606
    Trim your ears. :gs1000smile:

Gorktastick likes this.
  15. protoss
    So is the LCD-1 a studio monitor headphone or?

Anyone knows if the pads big like the LCD or on ear?

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last