Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #6,811 of 7,353
They are selling those new Ear hook things on the Audeze site. It's a kit with Hooks, Tips and those new ear fins. $25. Was thinking of giving them a try on my isine10's, would like to hear some others real world use tho.
The fact that shipping to Canada is almost double the price of the kit is frustrating. $41 dollars to ship the $25 kit.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #6,812 of 7,353
I've been playing with the new ear hooks that are curved and I put on some heat shrink and went at it with a heat gun. And even though I did not fully succeed, I think the potential exist to get a custom fit. Personally though, I wished someone smart would write an app that can scan the ear and develop a 3D printer profile for the ear hooks. Until then, maybe Audeze should be doing what I tried to do. The curved ear hooks feel a lot better. But I believe the next level fit still exist. I just haven't quite gotten there yet.

I was thinking Koss KSC75 ish kind of thing.

I went back to the medium curved even though it felt awkward at first, which was why I kept looking for better fit, now I feel this is the most secure fit. So far no pain, just need to get used to it. I guess it is one of those tricky things.

I've gotten closer to better fit as in combining comfort and secure fit at the same time. The trouble for me was unlike some people I don't have perfectly balanced ears and ear orientation around my ears. But I think this is like getting suits custom tailored. I was told by a professional suit tailor that people don't have the same length arms on their body. So it is ok to cut the arm length of the jacket different from one another. In my pursuit for better fit I was mislead by my assumption that my ears should fit similarly from the left to the right. After I convinced myself it is ok to have different ear hooks on either side I was able to get a little better fit. I think this ear hook thingy is like getting a suit tailored, everybody pretty much need to do it. I have another idea, but I have not tried it yet.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #6,820 of 7,353
The orientation of the loop has to be forward as pictured for me. But it fits better than the flat originals by comfortable margin. I recommend these.

How do you bend them? Or that's a new one?

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #6,822 of 7,353
Probably a bit more as you don't have pads sealed around your ears.

This is interesting as I have actually found them to leak less (and I mean leak sound in less) than the HD650 and LCD2C, but more than the Aeon Open (those are fairly closed as far as open-back headphones go anyway). They don't have pads to seal around your ears but they still have an eartip sitting at the opening of your ear canal and so they create a fairly small hole for sound to leak in through. I bring this up because it is one of the many things I like about them. With my open-back headphones, every time the air conditioner in my house kicks on, I can hear the vents in the background, which kills subtle details (super frustrating). This is substantially less of a problem for me with the iSine20. I live in Texas and it's hot... I'm not willing to turn off the AC while I listen to music, especially not with headphones on. And there is no reasonable place in the house without an AC vent. I'm quite sure this is the definition of a first-world problem.

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #6,823 of 7,353
Does the isine series let in as much ambient noise as open back over the ear headphones?
Yes, I feel they do. It is like there is nothing in my ears. I can hear everything perfectly, when they are in my ears and no music is playing.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #6,825 of 7,353
Just got my new accessory kit with the ear fins. They are way more comfortable than the ear hooks for sure, just don't feel as secure even thought i can shake my head quickly and the ear fins don't come loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back