1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456
458 459 460 461 462
Next

Last
  1. Fishdo
    Would anyone here know if all iSine 20 serial numbers are different?

I have been looking at a few on eBay UK and I’ve found 2 iSine 20’s for sale with the same serial number different photos and different sellers and both with 100% feedback...

The only difference is that one is the lightning cable model and the other the 3.5mm model so they have different boxes ie the iPhone symbols in lower left corner and the cipher cable gumpf on inside ....

Come it be possible that Audeze use different serial number runs for each model and by some big coincidence that both are up for sale at the same time?

2. masterstroke
    Thanks for that, I've just bought it from you. There seems to be a generic fault with some of Auzeze' cable's (other people have mentioned this on here) as I also had to replace the standard non cipher due to a weakness at the joint. The dealer I purchased my iSine's from contacted his supplier who offered to provide a new one free (which was very generous as it was nearly two years old & way out of warranty), said it would be couple of weeks, but that was six weeks ago, so I think maybe I was being fannied off. If I end up with two it won't be a problem.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  3. masterstroke
    While I'm here today I thought I'd mention that I've also been considering buying the Bluetooth Cipher cable modual. The whole beauty of the Lightning Cipher is that once connected the audio bypasses the international iOS sound card and goes directly to the Cipher's DAC for superior sound. I'm not very techie on this sort of thing, but I don't see how a bluetooth connection wirelessly achieves what the wired cable does and brings the DAC into play. And do the iOS bluetooth codecs have any effect on this function, because my quite ancient iPhone SE isn't up to snuff with the latest APT-X specs?

4. clerkpalmer
    The audeze bt cable does the same thing the cipher cable does but the sq will degrade because its using bt rather than wired. Your iphone se should be fine. iOS uses AAC for bluetooth transmission which is comparable to aptx. If you are looking for a wireless solution and are on iOS the bluetooth cable is a good choice. If you are using android, it's more complicated because there are higher end codecs available. You could look at something like the radstone es100 which has a more powerful amp but it won't have the cipher tuning built in so you will have to eq to your preferences.

5. KMann
    For those wondering how the ear fins work, please refer to this nice article by our resident expert Chris.

grokit and Wes S like this.
  6. masterstroke
    Cheers. Like I say I'm considering, so will think more on it.

7. clerkpalmer
    That is helpful. The key seems to be rotating them downward after insertion to get a snug fit.

On a related note, Audeze if I am reading your website correctly, if I eq using the audeze app on an ios device, that eq will stay locked onto the cipher cable for changeover to android using anker adapter? I assume this would be based on preset 1 on the app and not 2? I did not realize that was an option

8. Tristy
    Wouldn’t it be best to just ask for the receipt for this? The easiest way of telling if they are authentic or not... both that I’ve heard of any fake isine 20s going around

9. SilverEars
    NM

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  10. clerkpalmer
    Does anyone know how to translate these to a 6 band parametric eq that is used on the toneking extension for usb audio pro? Kmann posted this a long long time ago but I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks.

11. harpo1
    Received my kit a couple days ago and the ear fins are excellent. No need for any other option as far as I'm concerned. Will you guys ever offer just the ear fins on your website?

12. clerkpalmer
    Found the tonebooster settings. Reviving it here if anyone needs them

13. KMann
    Yes, the settings are stored on the cable when you move to another device and the settings are based on the last preset you used, it can be preset 1 or 2 depending on what you used last on the iOS device. If you did not change the presets in any way, the default tuning is what you will have.

14. clerkpalmer
    That is excellent. Thanks.

15. SilverEars
    What is this Anker adapter? Does it make Cipher cable work with android's data interface?

First

Back
447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456
458 459 460 461 462
Next

Last