Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #6,601 of 7,348
I actually like iSine 20 with Chord Mojo over cipher. Cipher has a bit more bass, but mojo is better overall

I actually heard that from other people too. I wonder how the 10s sound on the Mojo.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #6,602 of 7,348
Hi,

You mentioned the third printed style. Which one are you actually using? Which link? I would like to take a look. TIA

Any changes in you eq? What are you currently using. I have still been using your eq, and also use the cipher cable with I devices.

Ooo I would be int
I must have misunderstood your thread. I thought you said you were going to buy the Nickle or the ZX2 bit sounds like you already own the ZX2 so sorry if I wafted off track.

The reason I am downloading UAPP is because I already a) I have the exact EQ settings from my LG b) I can't stream Tidal from Neutron

I will try the ZX2 w the Nickle once I have setup the UAPP, I am curious!

I'll be at CanJam London soon if your there you can try it out (I have no idea where you are)

Added the settings to UAPP on ZX2 sounds amazing volume is now cranked to 85% whereas it's about 30% on my Andros (just need to remember to turn the volume back down after every listening sesh'

I owned 3 Mojo's. 2 of them failed with the micro usb connection. Each time Chord replaced it by the 3rd one I sold it considering myself lucky I didn't own a £300 brick. Androids and stacking DAC's is just never something that worked out for me

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #6,603 of 7,348
I actually heard that from other people too. I wonder how the 10s sound on the Mojo.

Sterile and boring without any warmth, lacking bass and lacking warmth in low mid's. I would choose cipher over mojo anytime and i would choose es100 with viper4android over the cipher anytime. If you chose a chord dac then go for the hugo 2 which is a much better combination with the isine's.
Even the dragonfly red dac is sounding better than mojo just my 2cents

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #6,604 of 7,348
I still find the "cipher cable" (V1? whatever was included) to be low build quality / cheap feeling cable that one might expect on a JVC Gummy or budget Skull Candy headset. The cable is also awkward to deal with overall as it occupies/requires a lightning port.

However, the iSine10s did impress.. they feel tuned almost like my Hyla’s on the lower end, which surprised me. The 10s have a very nice crisp percussion impact, and wow, that is very enjoyable in some songs. The Hylas take over with treble where the 10s feel like they dip out. This is with the stock "cipher cable"; maybe treble could be addressed with EQ to be playful too? I did not notice relevant 'sound stage' improvement over the Hyla TE-5B, probably as the iSine10 is still an IEM which can never really compare to proper external sound generation / ear interactions.

Not needing a tight ear seal was also nice and the stock clips worked well for me at home. The setup felt comfortable, although probably not something I’d sport outdoors.

I’ll wait on future planars until Audeze (or another company) releases sub-$700 open planars where they don’t have to pimp out 'required' cables with fancy names..

Overall sold on the technology (for open applications) though, cheers on finding your own joy :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #6,605 of 7,348
While the stock tips aren't awful - I don't love them. So I ordered these to see how they do

SpinFit CP155
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RF1YLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess the CP155 was designed just for the iSine series of headphone. Audeze even were promoting them as a replacement / upgrade.

They should be here today - says they are out for delivery so I will report back. Although there is a chance someone else has already tried and reported back, I just didn't see it.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,606 of 7,348
While the stock tips aren't awful - I don't love them. So I ordered these to see how they do

SpinFit CP155
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RF1YLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess the CP155 was designed just for the iSine series of headphone. Audeze even were promoting them as a replacement / upgrade.

They should be here today - says they are out for delivery so I will report back. Although there is a chance someone else has already tried and reported back, I just didn't see it.
I've tried Spinfits, but I prefer the audio presentation in Spiral dots

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #6,607 of 7,348
I am about to find out IMG_20190709_162232.jpg

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #6,608 of 7,348
Too small for me. I use the large tips that came with ISine and I got large but they feel like medium. Can't get a good enough seal. That sucks.

Anyone have suggestions for other tips? Larger ones maybe?

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #6,610 of 7,348
Too small for me. I use the large tips that came with ISine and I got large but they feel like medium. Can't get a good enough seal. That sucks.

Anyone have suggestions for other tips? Larger ones maybe?
You aren't supposed to have a tight seal like regular iem. I am a medium tip with all iem, but I use a small with iSine. It just rests in my canal, no tight seal. As far as other tips, Spiral dots

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #6,612 of 7,348
I know how they are supposed to fit, and that is my point. These spin fits go down into my ear canal. The large stock ones just sit on the entrance of my ear BUT, they create a seal and have much better bass.

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #6,613 of 7,348
The Spiral Dots fit on the iSine nozzles? I'd love to see a picture proving my dubiously natured inquiry wrong :p

(Maybe I'll try when I get home. The iSine nozzle looks super huge compared to my other IEMs.)
I have spiral dots on both my ISine 20 and my LCDi4. They are silicone, so it stretches. Not difficult to do.

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #6,614 of 7,348
I have spiral dots on both my ISine 20 and my LCDi4. They are silicone, so it stretches. Not difficult to do.
Where did you purchase them from? I was looking on Amazon, looks like all that have is the Mediums and a very small selection of them overall. I am willing to give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back