1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last
  1. billbishere
    I actually heard that from other people too. I wonder how the 10s sound on the Mojo.

2. lukedss
    Ooo I would be int
    Added the settings to UAPP on ZX2 sounds amazing volume is now cranked to 85% whereas it's about 30% on my Andros (just need to remember to turn the volume back down after every listening sesh'

I owned 3 Mojo's. 2 of them failed with the micro usb connection. Each time Chord replaced it by the 3rd one I sold it considering myself lucky I didn't own a £300 brick. Androids and stacking DAC's is just never something that worked out for me

3. jody2k
    Sterile and boring without any warmth, lacking bass and lacking warmth in low mid's. I would choose cipher over mojo anytime and i would choose es100 with viper4android over the cipher anytime. If you chose a chord dac then go for the hugo 2 which is a much better combination with the isine's.
    Even the dragonfly red dac is sounding better than mojo just my 2cents

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    trellus and billbishere like this.
  4. pstickne
    I still find the "cipher cable" (V1? whatever was included) to be low build quality / cheap feeling cable that one might expect on a JVC Gummy or budget Skull Candy headset. The cable is also awkward to deal with overall as it occupies/requires a lightning port.

However, the iSine10s did impress.. they feel tuned almost like my Hyla’s on the lower end, which surprised me. The 10s have a very nice crisp percussion impact, and wow, that is very enjoyable in some songs. The Hylas take over with treble where the 10s feel like they dip out. This is with the stock "cipher cable"; maybe treble could be addressed with EQ to be playful too? I did not notice relevant 'sound stage' improvement over the Hyla TE-5B, probably as the iSine10 is still an IEM which can never really compare to proper external sound generation / ear interactions.

Not needing a tight ear seal was also nice and the stock clips worked well for me at home. The setup felt comfortable, although probably not something I’d sport outdoors.

I’ll wait on future planars until Audeze (or another company) releases sub-$700 open planars where they don’t have to pimp out 'required' cables with fancy names..

Overall sold on the technology (for open applications) though, cheers on finding your own joy :beerchug:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    trellus likes this.
  5. billbishere
    While the stock tips aren't awful - I don't love them. So I ordered these to see how they do

SpinFit CP155
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RF1YLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess the CP155 was designed just for the iSine series of headphone. Audeze even were promoting them as a replacement / upgrade.

They should be here today - says they are out for delivery so I will report back. Although there is a chance someone else has already tried and reported back, I just didn't see it.

trellus likes this.
  6. Devodonaldson
    I've tried Spinfits, but I prefer the audio presentation in Spiral dots

7. billbishere
    I am about to find out IMG_20190709_162232.jpg

trellus likes this.
  8. billbishere
    Too small for me. I use the large tips that came with ISine and I got large but they feel like medium. Can't get a good enough seal. That sucks.

Anyone have suggestions for other tips? Larger ones maybe?

9. pstickne
    The Spiral Dots fit on the iSine nozzles? I'd love to see a picture proving my dubiously natured inquiry wrong :p

(Maybe I'll try when I get home. The iSine nozzle looks super huge compared to my other IEMs.)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. Devodonaldson
    You aren't supposed to have a tight seal like regular iem. I am a medium tip with all iem, but I use a small with iSine. It just rests in my canal, no tight seal. As far as other tips, Spiral dots

Vitandus likes this.
  11. Vitandus
    You don’t want a tight seal. Just have them sit at your canal.

12. billbishere
    I know how they are supposed to fit, and that is my point. These spin fits go down into my ear canal. The large stock ones just sit on the entrance of my ear BUT, they create a seal and have much better bass.

13. Devodonaldson
    I have spiral dots on both my ISine 20 and my LCDi4. They are silicone, so it stretches. Not difficult to do.

14. billbishere
    Where did you purchase them from? I was looking on Amazon, looks like all that have is the Mediums and a very small selection of them overall. I am willing to give them a try.

15. pstickne
    You’re so right, sorry for doubting! I tried when I got home.. for some reason I thought the cores in the dots were smaller.

First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last