Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #6,571 of 7,347
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #6,572 of 7,347
I have a Cypher/Anker for sale.
Word of caution it doesn't work w LG G7

if u use an ios device the settings shared in my post r useless, these settings are when i used it with my android phone, i tried dialing same eq settings on ios and android but the isine did not sound the same.

also a huge thing was for me using double flange spinfit tips to allow deep insertion

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #6,573 of 7,347
Did Audeze come out with a new iSine ear hook?
The ear hooks in the accessory kit on the website look to be the original ones, which are prone to breakage. I keep hoping Audeze will offer more robust ear hook designs as optional accessories.

we need a way to clamp the isine to our ears for proper fit than those dam loose ear hooks

isine is a great earphone, but a failure of design

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #6,574 of 7,347
@Sound Eq, my cell is a note 8 so I'll be able to use the adapter with cipher. I have neutron so can you please post step by step instructions for using your eq settings.

Deep insertion never seemed to suit me because of loss of soundstage with the CP155 tips. I prefer large bore audeze groovy tips with shallow insertion.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #6,575 of 7,347
I finally got my cipher cable to work with the Astell & Kern Sp1000m so I could compare if the cipher cable really is better than standard 3.5mm cable.

The standard 3.5mm cable on a high end DAP is much better than the cipher cable, so to anyone looking to use the cipher cable with their high end DAP I wouldn't bother. A high end DAC like the the A&Ultima is far superior sounding than any sound the cipher cable can put out.

If you have an average smartphone or a low end music player then I'd say the cipher cable is worth it.

From the way some reviews were talking about the difference between standard cable and cipher cable you would think to throw away the standard cable.

Anyway, just my 2pence.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,576 of 7,347
I finally got my cipher cable to work with the Astell & Kern Sp1000m so I could compare if the cipher cable really is better than standard 3.5mm cable.

The standard 3.5mm cable on a high end DAP is much better than the cipher cable, so to anyone looking to use the cipher cable with their high end DAP I wouldn't bother. A high end DAC like the the A&Ultima is far superior sounding than any sound the cipher cable can put out. And that's with no EQ.

If you have an average smartphone or a low end music player then I'd say the cipher cable is worth it.

From the way some reviews were talking about the difference between standard cable and cipher cable you would think to throw away the standard cable.

Anyway, just my 2pence.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #6,577 of 7,347

From the way some reviews were talking about the difference between standard cable and cipher cable you would think to throw away the standard cable..

Ive tried multiple EQ settings, and even on balanced, I can’t get the iSine 20 to replicate the depth of music that the Cipher delivers. What settings are you using?

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #6,578 of 7,347
From KMann for UAPP Settings-

To dial in the EQ, please refer to my post: Post #3341
  1. Start with the EQ I posted here
  2. Since you can only enter 6 bands, in the above EQ (EQ-V1) choose bands 1,2,4,8,9,10 (The band numbers are shown above the values).
  3. Enter the Gain, Frequency and Q values in Tone booster.
  4. For filter type, choose 'High shelf' for bands 1 and 10 in EQ-V1 and choose 'Analog bell' for bands 2, 4,8 and 9
For band 1 also try set Q = 0.7 and move it to Frequency = 100Hz, Gain = -6dB (some prefer this)

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #6,579 of 7,347
Ive tried multiple EQ settings, and even on balanced, I can’t get the iSine 20 to replicate the depth of music that the Cipher delivers. What settings are you using?

The stock 3.5mm cable with EQ turned off is best for me.

The Astell and Kern's own tuning in the SP1000M is superb, it doesn't really need EQing in my experience.

The Isine20 are such a transparent and responsive set of earphones, that they automatically bring out the best of whatever genre music I listen to on the player.

Please bare in mind I'm only referring to the Astell & Kern player when I say the 3.5mm cable is fine without any EQing.

The dual AK4497EQ chips in the player are superior to the DAC in the cipher cable.

To me, it doesn't make much sense bypassing the Astell & Kern sound. Seems a massive waste of 2 grand.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #6,580 of 7,347
How would you enter these settings in a 20 band Astell & Kern EQ?

From KMann for UAPP Settings-

To dial in the EQ, please refer to my post: Post #3341
  1. Start with the EQ I posted here
  2. Since you can only enter 6 bands, in the above EQ (EQ-V1) choose bands 1,2,4,8,9,10 (The band numbers are shown above the values).
  3. Enter the Gain, Frequency and Q values in Tone booster.
  4. For filter type, choose 'High shelf' for bands 1 and 10 in EQ-V1 and choose 'Analog bell' for bands 2, 4,8 and 9
For band 1 also try set Q = 0.7 and move it to Frequency = 100Hz, Gain = -6dB (some prefer this)

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #6,581 of 7,347
How would you enter these settings in a 20 band Astell & Kern EQ?

You may want to ask someone who has relevant experience, alternatively, i found a guy on here who charges $ to do that service for you. I will try him out when i have figured out how to root my Android and get Viper4Android (systemwide eq)

PM if you want his info

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #6,582 of 7,347
im confused after going back and reading this thread, but could someone help me out is the anker usb c adapter for the cipher cable and the use of the es100 dac/amp two totally different things ?

I just purchased the isine 10 with cipher cable/standard

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #6,583 of 7,347
im confused after going back and reading this thread, but could someone help me out is the anker usb c adapter for the cipher cable and the use of the es100 dac/amp two totally different things ?

I just purchased the isine 10 with cipher cable/standard
Es100 is a Bluetooth DAC. Cipher cable is an inline DAC with built in eq for isine

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #6,585 of 7,347
Try googling each 'device' first then let us know what questions you have.

He meant inline not online (not to confuse matters more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back