Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #6,061 of 7,353
I meant, if you use BT Cipher with android phone how do you choose profile for isine20? Or BT Cipher DSP somehow detect which isines is connected. 20, 10 or LX and apply the right one accordingly. I never had idevice and do not know how lightning Cipher cable works.

All Audeze iem plansrs, Isine 10, 20, LCDi4 need the same correction, Cipher does that EQ correction.

Audeze says LCDi4 does not need Cipher EQ correction. Audeze says LCDI4 can be used without EQ. But it is not true. Just like isines, LCDi4 needs correction, and Cipher does just that. Isine and LCDi4 drivers seems basically identical, LCDi4 impedance is much higher that isines, but EQ needs the same correction that isines do, listening to uncorrected LCDi4, and switchings to Cipher clearly demonstrates these IEM are closely relsted.

Everyone can use all Audeze iem planars without EQ correction, they just won't get flat frequency response, correction is needed.

For some reason, most likely not wanting to limit LCDi4 as idevice only, Audeze prefers not say Cipher is needed. Marketing clearly states LCDi4 are to be used with regular cable, without EQ, without DSP that Cipher does. This is simply not true. LCDi4 response curve is no different from Isine. Cipher, or manual EQ correction is necessary.

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #6,062 of 7,353
Ok, thank you whitemouse. I think you're right. Just checked reveal plugin and presets for all isines and LCDi4 are different. Especially isine 20 and LCDi4.
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_6.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #6,063 of 7,353
It works "automatically". Check back a few pages for KMann's response.

There is only one profile. When you go a few pages back to see KMann's response, it was to me, asking this very question.

Edit, this:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...netic-earphones.818870/page-402#post-14708668

It seems not really intended for use with the power hungry i4, just 10, 20 and LX. I surmised they found a curve they thought was 'good enough' for all three.

No, I wasn't thrilled to learn this. But I said thank you and moved on... :wink: I figure the player I use on the BT host player can provide enough supplemental turning to make up any difference I may want.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #6,064 of 7,353
Yes, I wish there was LDAC, but the aptX HD sounds fine to my currently stuffy head cold-infested ears.
Hope you feel better; I'm assuming nothing changes in your opinion.

Aso wondering if you could change the BT protocol from aptX HD to just aptX, then compare and contrast? Thanx if so.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #6,065 of 7,353
All Audeze iem plansrs, Isine 10, 20, LCDi4 need the same correction, Cipher does that EQ correction.

Audeze says LCDi4 does not need Cipher EQ correction. Audeze says LCDI4 can be used without EQ. But it is not true. Just like isines, LCDi4 needs correction, and Cipher does just that. Isine and LCDi4 drivers seems basically identical, LCDi4 impedance is much higher that isines, but EQ needs the same correction that isines do, listening to uncorrected LCDi4, and switchings to Cipher clearly demonstrates these IEM are closely relsted.

Everyone can use all Audeze iem planars without EQ correction, they just won't get flat frequency response, correction is needed.

For some reason, most likely not wanting to limit LCDi4 as idevice only, Audeze prefers not say Cipher is needed. Marketing clearly states LCDi4 are to be used with regular cable, without EQ, without DSP that Cipher does. This is simply not true. LCDi4 response curve is no different from Isine. Cipher, or manual EQ correction is necessary.

I like how my LCD-i4's sound without EQ. They may not be flat in their response, but I don't really like totally neutral headphones. I like what sounds good to me. If that means the sound is a little colored, who cares. If every headphone sounded dead flat what would be the point of having different headphones? I say go with what sounds good to you and forget the rest.
The i4 sounds good to me without EQ. I do on occasion use the Reveal plugin, but with my A&K se100 I prefer no EQ. I have the cipher cable but enjoy the sound from the se100 more.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #6,066 of 7,353
There is only one profile. When you go a few pages back to see KMann's response, it was to me, asking this very question.

That was what I was saying. It's automatic. One profile, automatic. If you have a parametric EQ, you can get much better tuning, but my Sony doesn't have that, so Cipher BT was compelling.

Hope you feel better; I'm assuming nothing changes in your opinion.
Still sick, and even more clogged. I'll check once I clear up. :)

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #6,067 of 7,353
Interesting. The iPhone XS also streams using SBC, not AAC:

Are you sure? I’m using the Radsone ES100 from an XS and it specifically says AAC is being used

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #6,069 of 7,353
That was what I was saying. It's automatic. One profile, automatic. If you have a parametric EQ, you can get much better tuning, but my Sony doesn't have that, so Cipher BT was compelling.

Still sick, and even more clogged. I'll check once I clear up. :)

Okay. I see. I'd take automatic to mean 'some' difference is detected (but as both 10 & 20 are 24ohm I can't imagine what else could be used) and a different eq between two or more options automatically applied. But no problem..

I was sick from new years eve thru more than a week. Sucked! Finally passed. At least it wasn't the flu many friends were hit with even after having had the flu shot, and lasted two weeks.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #6,070 of 7,353

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #6,071 of 7,353
Every device is different. I’m talking about the Audeze Cipher.
So are you saying the Audeze BT Cipher is forcing the iPhone XS to transmit using the SBC Codec instead of AAC?

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #6,072 of 7,353
Just got my Isine 10 today and paired it with my Shanling M5s. My first impression is the treble is very sparkle. Its sound is bright and detailed...
My Sennheiser HD 598 has warmer sounds btw

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #6,073 of 7,353
So are you saying the Audeze BT Cipher is forcing the iPhone XS to transmit using the SBC Codec instead of AAC?

When attached to Console, I see:

Codecs available. NBS (CVSD): 1, WBS (mSBC): 1, UWBS (AAC-ELD): 0
Bad48KHzCodecs: Disabling 48 KHz - Device is NOT in 48 KHz AAC whitelist
Length of AVDTP Codec Info is too short for Apple Vendor-Specific Codec
Selected preferred codec AVDTP_CODEC_SBC (0x0) out of 3 available endpoints
A2DP configured at 44.1 KHz. Codec: SBC, Bitpool: 53 (327 kbps). 7 frames * 119 bytes = 833 per RTP (max=879) every 20.32 ms​

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #6,074 of 7,353
Sorry, what's 'Console'?
Maybe @KMann could chime in here?

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #6,075 of 7,353
How many times can I insert/remove the cable on the iSine? I plan to buy the BT module but I also like to use the wired cable on some of my devices. Does changing the cable from BT <-> Wired <-> affect the socket on the iSine? Does buying BT mean that I shouldn't use the wired solution at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back