Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #6,046 of 7,348
Received the bluetooth cipher cable today. Using it with my LG V20 streaming Tidal in Aptx HD. Sound is comparable to the cipher cable which to me sounds great. I do however have a couple of minor grips. First the connectors to my iSine 20's are not very secure compared to the regular cipher cable. Second and this applies to many bluetooth devices I've tried, the volume steps are just to large.

Edit: The controls on the left side sit about 2 inches below your ear. I wish they would have made them longer

Wow nice, I wonder when they will be in stock in Europe.
If the sound is the same as the Cipher cable I most definitely would get one because the Cipher cable is too damned long. I'm starting to find usage of my iSine despite its lack of isolation so a wireless one would be really neat.

Does the module charge with a USB-C cable?

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #6,050 of 7,348
When one of you with an Android phone that does NOT do aptX-HD (like most Samsung phones) gets theirs, please give us a mini subjective review of playback of standard 44.1/16 lossy material.

My BT Cipher arrives Tuesday. But my iSine 20 arrives at Audeze on Monday for repair. So I need to live vicariously thru one of you until I get my iSine back. :wink:

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #6,051 of 7,348
I find both pretty comparable in terms of sound quality, using a DX3 Pro as my desktop solution (with Equalizer APO and Reveal Plugin, just like someone recommended a few pages before).
Superb, much appreciated! Would skip the purchase of an Ipod Touch/Iphone then.

Jan 12, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #6,053 of 7,348
@Audeze
Bluetooth Cipher with the Sony NW-ZX300. aptX HD playback to the iSine 20 IEMs sounds very good with the DSP magic Audeze has built into these. I’ve got the NW-ZX300 playing direct sound - no need to EQ now. Walkman in the pocket, IEMs in, BT control.

Dwvv2BDX4AEN4oM.jpg

---
That was my Twitter post, now more detail. Yes, I wish there was LDAC, but the aptX HD sounds fine to my currently stuffy head cold-infested ears. Volume is good. To me - and again, I have a head cold - it does sound a little less rich, a little less sound stage than using a cable. This bears more listening once I am not sick.

@KMann mentioned a while ago to me that something with a really good EQ would outperform the Cipher cable, esp. when mated to a really good amp. I did get the EQ pretty solid with the Sony, but never to the point of the the Reveal plugin with Audirvarna. The detail seems to be better with the Cipher than I ever managed.

So, bottom line - is it worth US$99? To me, yes. (I got into audio feet first last year, and spent way too much darned money on a Moon Audio cable... Lesson learned.) This offers convenience and good sound, and it works across multiple platforms. Win:win:win.

Attachments

• Dwvv2BDX4AEN4oM.jpg
    Dwvv2BDX4AEN4oM.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #6,055 of 7,348
Interesting. The iPhone XS also streams using SBC, not AAC:

Codecs available. NBS (CVSD): 1, WBS (mSBC): 1, UWBS (AAC-ELD): 0
Bad48KHzCodecs: Disabling 48 KHz - Device is NOT in 48 KHz AAC whitelist
Length of AVDTP Codec Info is too short for Apple Vendor-Specific Codec
Selected preferred codec AVDTP_CODEC_SBC (0x0) out of 3 available endpoints
A2DP configured at 44.1 KHz. Codec: SBC, Bitpool: 53 (327 kbps). 7 frames * 119 bytes = 833 per RTP (max=879) every 20.32 ms

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #6,056 of 7,348
Wow just discover BT sipher here. Very interesting. How do you choose isine 20 profile for example like in Reveal plugin if you use with android phone? I didn't find Audeze app in Google Play store.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #6,058 of 7,348
Yes I know that, I'm using it. I meant, if you use BT Cipher with android phone how do you choose profile for isine20? Or BT Cipher DSP somehow detect which isines is connected. 20, 10 or LX and apply the right one accordingly. I never had idevice and do not know how lightning Cipher cable works.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #6,059 of 7,348
Razer Phone 2 is using SBC. :frowning2:
Tell me about it. Love my Razer phone, outside of the fact that they didn't pay to get any Bluetooth codec outside of AAC

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #6,060 of 7,348
Yes I know that, I'm using it. I meant, if you use BT Cipher with android phone how do you choose profile for isine20? Or BT Cipher DSP somehow detect which isines is connected. 20, 10 or LX and apply the right one accordingly. I never had idevice and do not know how lightning Cipher cable works.

It works "automatically". Check back a few pages for KMann's response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back