Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #5,702 of 7,352
Have there been efforts to improve the timbre of the 10's? EQ magic in the mids perhaps? :thinking:

I realise it's unrealistic to expect the fullness of a dynamic driver, but there's only so long soundstage and pure bass impact can remain novel before I find myself reverting to the CA Lyra. A term that comes to mind with this comparison (although this is a strong version) is anemic. To be clear though, for the price and a bit of fun these isine 10's are exquisite

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5,705 of 7,352
F93B04B7-3B4F-4B73-903A-F61017C7D9DC.png

This is for me the best Setting for the iSine 20 with Cipher V1 Cable. I just waiting for my V2 Cable. If you know a great EQ for the iSine 20 with the V1/V2 Cipher Cable please share it

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #5,710 of 7,352
Ok random tidbit here, I was just gifted a bose soundwear, and WOW! this thing is a very special device. it's a bluetooth speaker you wear around your neck and it encapsulates you in sound. Try on in a store. They're everywhere. Especially with a little eq! Super impressed!
I'm only mentioning it because it has a very similar demographic as our isines. being wireless is also Awesome!

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #5,712 of 7,352
Ok random tidbit here, I was just gifted a bose soundwear, and WOW! this thing is a very special device. it's a bluetooth speaker you wear around your neck and it encapsulates you in sound. Try on in a store. They're everywhere. Especially with a little eq! Super impressed!
I'm only mentioning it because it has a very similar demographic as our isines. being wireless is also Awesome!

Are you drunken? If you dont have an interest in this here dont write.
Yes I've tried your setting, and it's definitely a step up from the one I posted. The vocals especially, but the bass impact is a bit lacking.

LG V30 with PEq may rival the v2 cipher if you can take the pain of tweaking it.

Yes, the EQ is not perfect but i dosent find a better one.
Wow dosent know that the Cipher V2 is that good compared with the LG V30 with Quad DAC.

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #5,713 of 7,352
Are you drunken? If you dont have an interest in this here dont write.

Yes, the EQ is not perfect but i dosent find a better one.
Wow dosent know that the Cipher V2 is that good compared with the LG V30 with Quad DAC.
Yes it is, according to audeze its balanced and LIGHT lol. Only someone whose used v1 would appreciate that last bit.

I've tried to update the firmware of my cipher v2 from 6.1.3 to 6.1.5 but it keeps failing after each attempt. Supposedly the latest firmware sounds best..

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #5,714 of 7,352
I only had the Cipher Cable and a Cirus Soundkey. But for me, the Sound on the Cirus is more flat in Bass and not that emotional compared with the Cipher. For me with an normal DAC like the Soundkey the iSine 20 sounds more than an IEM than an Audeze Magnetic Headphone, but with the Cipher Cable the Music comes to life. I was hoping i could get a better detailed, more open / wide Sound, without losing the impact, deepnes and emotions like the Soundkey compared with the Cipher Cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• XTF1
Back