Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 24, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #5,732 of 7,352
Hi!

The cable with built in dac/dsp is built for iphones if i remember it correctly?
Is it possible to connect it to a androidphone if you get a lightning to usb C dongle?
The functions of the buttons is irrelevant for me in this case, im mostly interested in the dac function.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #5,733 of 7,352
Hi!

The cable with built in dac/dsp is built for iphones if i remember it correctly?
Is it possible to connect it to a androidphone if you get a lightning to usb C dongle?
The functions of the buttons is irrelevant for me in this case, im mostly interested in the dac function.

No, not possible I'm afraid. Lightning and USB-C are slightly different animals

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #5,735 of 7,352
Sep 24, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #5,736 of 7,352
Makes sense i suppose. Do they need heavy eq:ing to sound good? Or does a good amp/dac solve most of the issues? Im sort of on the fence if i should go with i10/i20 or hold off and go with the rha cl2

Best you have a skim through this thread. I use mine with an iPhone and Cipher cable

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #5,738 of 7,352
Hi George! Mind to share your eq setting?

I have been playing with the EQ settings presented earlier in this thead, haven't been able to create something better by myself since iSine20 requires variable Q values and those aren't possible from my typical app, Hiby... This is a big reason why I keep recommending them with the cipher cable, it just is much simpler to get good result :)

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #5,739 of 7,352
Makes sense i suppose. Do they need heavy eq:ing to sound good? Or does a good amp/dac solve most of the issues? Im sort of on the fence if i should go with i10/i20 or hold off and go with the rha cl2
YoureY going to have to try yourself. Plenty of people swear they NEED heavy eq. I hate silicone tips and use Comply with my iSine 20. I've tried several suggested eq settings that have been suggested, and I simply don't like them. I like these straight out of my DAC/AMP or LG v30 using Comply foam tips. So at the end of the day, it's gonna depend on you

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #5,742 of 7,352
Looking to do some tip rolling for my 20s, trying to get a better fit in my right ear. I heard spinfits are good, any other suggestions?

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #5,743 of 7,352
Looking to do some tip rolling for my 20s, trying to get a better fit in my right ear. I heard spinfits are good, any other suggestions?

If your fit issues are ear-specific, you may want to to try using different sizes for each ear if you're not already.

Spinfit CP-155 and CP230-M (dual flange) both work well for me. Spiral dots fit with some effort in stretching and can help if you need deeper extension, b/c they are shorter in extension. On the foam side Comply 500 and 600.

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #5,744 of 7,352
It's more of an earhook issue i think, my right ear for whatever reason doesn't let the hook get the 20s seated properly. The dual flange may work to fix this, i'll give it a shot, thanks!

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #5,745 of 7,352
It's more of an earhook issue i think, my right ear for whatever reason doesn't let the hook get the 20s seated properly. The dual flange may work to fix this, i'll give it a shot, thanks!

Gotcha. Experimenting with tips of different length (in terms of how far they extend beyond the lip of the IEM's tube) can help sometimes by adjusting the angle at which the whole assembly sits relative to your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back