Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #5,761 of 7,352
I received my iSine 20 yesterday after a year with the iSine 10. The 20 had the Cypher v2 in the box, so i was happy to compare both as my 10 had the V1. Actually it's quite a disappointment, the V1 sounds better, the V2 sounds veiled and muddy in comparison. But the most exciting part was when i realised that the iSine 20 sounds so much better with a balanced cable on the Sony WM1A using 10 band EQ settings supplied here. Much better than the cypher V2 or V1 on my iPhone Xs.

Simply an amazing combo !

iSine20

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,762 of 7,352
I received my iSine 20 yesterday after a year with the iSine 10. The 20 had the Cypher v2 in the box, so i was happy to compare both as my 10 had the V1. Actually it's quite a disappointment, the V1 sounds better, the V2 sounds veiled and muddy in comparison. But the most exciting part was when i realised that the iSine 20 sounds so much better with a balanced cable on the Sony WM1A using 10 band EQ settings supplied here. Much better than the cypher V2 or V1 on my iPhone Xs.

iSine20

Could yoj tell me your 10 Band EQ Settings for the iSine 20?

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #5,767 of 7,352
My 10 Band EQ goes from 32 to 16k. What does mean 31? i dont get this option

Not all 10-band equalizers use the same 10 bands. 31 and 32 should be interchangeable though, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, not all graphical equalizers will work the same way in terms of q-factor, etc., so the results with the same settings could be significantly different in some cases.

Basically, what you're trying to do with a 10-band or other graphical EQ is get as close as you can to one of the curves that KMANN posted (or whatever suits your own tastes). You can see the curves here. You won't be able to replicate those curves, exactly, but you can often get close enough for decent results.

If you're listening on a PC and have the ability to use something that takes VST plugins, the Audeze "Reveal" plugin will be a much more accurate solution, and it's very simple once you've got it set up.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #5,768 of 7,352
Not all 10-band equalizers use the same 10 bands. 31 and 32 should be interchangeable though, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, not all graphical equalizers will work the same way in terms of q-factor, etc., so the results with the same settings could be significantly different in some cases.

Basically, what you're trying to do with a 10-band or other graphical EQ is get as close as you can to one of the curves that KMANN posted (or whatever suits your own tastes). You can see the curves here. You won't be able to replicate those curves, exactly, but you can often get close enough for decent results.

If you're listening on a PC and have the ability to use something that takes VST plugins, the Audeze "Reveal" plugin will be a much more accurate solution, and it's very simple once you've got it set up.
This is what I use for instance.
19e09ecdf81c813d7b2b1319e4fa85b0-full.jpg

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #5,769 of 7,352

I use an DAP so i want a good EQ for the iSins 20, but the 10 Band EQ only begins on 32. If i use this Settings on it, it dosent sound right to me

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #5,770 of 7,352

iSine20
Check your v2 cipher version using the Audeze hq app on your xs. The latest firmware update (6.1.5) improves the sound quite significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back