Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 21, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #5,717 of 7,352
Ok random tidbit here, I was just gifted a bose soundwear, and WOW! this thing is a very special device. it's a bluetooth speaker you wear around your neck and it encapsulates you in sound. Try on in a store. They're everywhere. Especially with a little eq! Super impressed!
I'm only mentioning it because it has a very similar demographic as our isines. being wireless is also Awesome!
Thanks Bob will check it out. Actually noticed it online, but did not take it too seriously.

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #5,718 of 7,352
Do you mean 3.5mm cable vs cipher?

Ofcourse a decent dac with the cipher eq added will be magnificent via the 3.5mm or balanced cable. A dap that can apply the reveal plugin is the solution i think.

I think its not only the EQ and DAP its the power efficiency of the Cipher Cable too. Magnetic Headphones are very hungry on this point and the Cipher give a lot of that. I dont know if you could get with the LG V30 the same amount of power you need for the iSine 20

Should i stay with my iPhone 7 with Cipher Cable or is it worth upgrading, soundwise, to the LG V30?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #5,720 of 7,352
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a third party cable either from Effect Audio or Plusound that is a good match that will replace the normal cable for my I Sine 20?

I appreciate that probably nothing can be better than the Cipher Cable.

Thanks in advance and everyone have a great weekend.

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #5,721 of 7,352
I think its not only the EQ and DAP its the power efficiency of the Cipher Cable too. Magnetic Headphones are very hungry on this point and the Cipher give a lot of that. I dont know if you could get with the LG V30 the same amount of power you need for the iSine 20

Should i stay with my iPhone 7 with Cipher Cable or is it worth upgrading, soundwise, to the LG V30?

No they are not so powerhungry, isine 20's / 10's are easy to drive actually compared to the sennheiser HD 650 for example
They only way to improve sound and impact compared to the cipher cable on a LG V20 / V30 is to root the phone and install viper4android.

Standard software on the phone is terrible and the DAC doesn't really shine on the isine's without the modifications from above.This does also count for most of the other DAP's (In the context for the isine's)

For the extra power touch: you should also trick the phone to fullpower (DAC) mode with a file (You need ROOT) you can find on XDA or with a 3.5mm jack plug you can order on the internet.

You know the thing is the Isine 20 does love equalizing. I have never had any headphone that does respond so well on a equalizer like the isine's does. you can do it sound like anything you want actually especially with a superior equalizer like viper4android.
And the quality of the bass of these things are breathtaking, i'm not talking about boomy bass, it's a planar thing i guess: Nice smooth rounded fat bass with a lovely timbre in it

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #5,724 of 7,352
As predicted, my left side of iSine 20 has just failed 20mins ago while I'm listening. Before buying this, I had read a few cases of driver failure but because of the good sound, I still bought it and now I'm wordless. In Vietnam, the iSine 20 only receives 12 months of warranty and mine expired 2 months ago. So beware guys, this might be an expensive bet!

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #5,725 of 7,352
Picked up a small carrying case that works extremely well for this headset and wanted to share. About half the size of what comes with it and doesn't have any holes.

Intended for a GoPro, but perfect size to hold the set, the 3.5mm cable. It's reasonably sturdy, very light, and runs $9.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXCGY44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20180923_165346289_iOS.jpg 20180923_165413974_iOS.jpg

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #5,728 of 7,352
@jdcincy - is that case really cramped? Were you able to leave the isines as is - ie. tips and everything left on? That looks like a great solution instead of using the case it came with. I use mine with the regular analog cable and really don't want to have to take everything off of them just to store them at night when I not using them.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #5,729 of 7,352
@jdcincy - is that case really cramped? Were you able to leave the isines as is - ie. tips and everything left on? That looks like a great solution instead of using the case it came with. I use mine with the regular analog cable and really don't want to have to take everything off of them just to store them at night when I not using them.

The headset doesn't shift around but it's also not smashed / compressed, if that makes sense. This pic is with the analog cable coiled in the bottom, and the Cipher v2 attached to the headset. Medium ribbed tips are on it. I'm a super minimalist traveler, this seems like a perfect fit afaic.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #5,730 of 7,352
Is there anyone who tried to pair isine20 with hiby r6? Is hiby r6 strong enough to drive the fullest of isine20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back