Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 4, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #4,801 of 7,352
A few more hours on-board #bat****crazy they are for the form factor which was a big part of my curiosity to try they are not full size LCD's but amazing none the less, been away from the audio head fi scene for a good 12 month's but the isine 10 has very much re-ignited that gas would love to try the the 20's for a comparison and earn enough to sample the 4. Not even feeding them overly well on my pc Korg 100m and dragonfly red as sold all my hi end gear a year ago with . Fantastic bit of kit if you are on the fence jump off promptly.

After selling the majority of my gear had allot going on at the time more of a necessity that anything, been using Sure 535 with the red on a phone mostly and gaming with a AKG 702 65th anniversary so have been away from heavy weights planar driven well, do not think its been to long though to have a new placebo love on the isine they are special. dangerous times ahead audio gear love re-engaged. Forget the fact they are super comfy for me.

Thanks Br777 for eq certainly an improvement.

Preamp: -7 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 6 dB Q .1

Opinion was so mixed it was a punt, glad I took it.

Pretty sure you'll love the Isine 20 even more then :wink: pretty close to the LCD-3

Edit: 20's are harder to drive than the isine 10's
20's needs to be amped better with a decent dac and then they really shine to their full potential

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #4,802 of 7,352
Before or after EQ?
'Cause their FR is completely different...

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #4,803 of 7,352
Would like to check with those using the Cipher cable - version 2.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade compared to version 1? I'm currently using version 1 with the groovy tips and happy with the sound so far.

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,804 of 7,352
Would like to check with those using the Cipher cable - version 2.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade compared to version 1? I'm currently using version 1 with the groovy tips and happy with the sound so far.

They are definitely different enough that I am now happy to own both cables and switch around depending my moods. Version 2 has slightly less edge treble and fuller mids with harder hitting bass so love it with anything vocal. I still find ver. 1 more nuetral and spacious sounding so I keep returning to it with anything classical music.

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #4,805 of 7,352
...and our soon to be released, free as in beer, REVEAL plugin. We felt the green curve works much better with more potent and resolving DACs.
We will also be releasing REVEAL that does exactly what Roon presets do. It is a free plugin and will be available for both MAC and Windows in AU/VST/VST3 and AAX formats.
Reveal/Roon iSine10 => EQV1
Reveal/Roon iSine20 => EQV2
Cipher V1 => Cipher posted prevoiously in this thread
Cipher V2 => EQ V2
EQ V1 and V2 are very close. ...

Picking a few apropos posts from you @KMann. I know you're responsible for the DSP. iSine20 owner here. I wanted to make this post about the Reveal plugin for a few reasons. ...

First, to congratulate you & team on the result (like you need me to say that) and thank you and your company for making the Reveal a freely available plug-in. :) Right on!

Second, to say 'Reveal' is very aptly named; kudos to the person who won the naming contest on that one! -haha :) So many CDs or HD reissues I've listened to have been eye opening. But one album I tried early on, Depeche Mode's Ultra -- which can so often have the many nuances mixed into it masked by extremes in the playback -- was the most transcendent to me. So 'revealing' -haha! And started me on my ride. I happy and sad to say I've spent several nights recently until 3am or 4:30 am rediscovering my music library since I started using the Reveal plug-in with my iSine20! It's really screwing with my wake/sleep cycle.

The third and main point ... The Reveal plug-in has me hooked. That's not a problem at my fixed desktop, or fullsize laptop, either outputting music via USB to an external DAC+AMP. But "on the go" ... with DAPs ... hmmm. What about that?

I'd like to duplicate the results there. I've settled on an EQ curve to my liking derived from the ones provided. But it's not the same. Is more than EQ going on in the Reveal plugin? It seems so.

I could see myself using a small screened (7"?) i5 or i7 powered Windows tablet > Foobar or some other player on it > Reveal Plug-in > Mojo or m9XX or equiv, taking on my semi-portable music duties. Certainly isn't pockable as my DAP, so not something I'd be taking with me all the time around town. But as something more portable than my huge EliteBook 8740w when I vacation. Ya, that would work. Still not a DAP tho.

Now, to anyone, any reader ... are there any Windows Tablets that have SPDIF out? Or can stream music over USB via one port, while charging via another USB port; or still has a legacy style coax power plug? ... AND, has either full-size SD slot or dual mSD slot? These are my bare minimums for a music player/source; to equal my DAP. Eager to hear from anyone if this animal exists. I don't think it does.

Thanx for listening. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #4,806 of 7,352
Hi Everyone.

Been a member for a while but never usually post. Just love reading and learning from you guys. Quick bio, love headphones. Think it comes from being a kid and my dad buying me a Sony Walkman and Sony Headphones (1980 approx). And I was hooked. My own personal concert in my head :).

Owned a few over the years and loved all of them for their own merits. From cheap to expensive.

Right now I am using a Chord Mojo from an iPhone with Isine 10! Love this combo but no idea about eq. I am using VOX on iPhone, an amazing music app. All my music stored in the (loop) cloud for streaming in lossless. Honestly highly recommend it. And it comes with a parametric eq, but I don't have a clue how to use it. I have read the whole thread so far, seen the amazing Kmann eq settings and still none the wiser how to set it up. Without eq the sines shine out of the Mojo, so I can only imagine how they would with

If any one (Kmann???) could help me I would be so appreciative.

Kind regards

and hopefully I will start posting more :)

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #4,807 of 7,352
EDIT: spoke to soon destroys the noise floor save your money do not bother with EQ app.

To answer my own question of any alternatives to viper4android that do not require root having some success with this EQ system wide working with Tidal too, tried many on the store this is working best for me working on Note 8 / DFR.

On off chance usefull to someone else. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiseschematics.reeq01

Picked up a jitterbug too today I was sure it was going to be snake oil but hmmm it isnt :)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #4,808 of 7,352

Despite the association with iOS and portability which bummed me out as an Android user...it is clear these absolutely SHINE with good power and i do not need a special DSP cable.

I will now proceed with a review. These...with power...are fantastic! The ARM2 is one of the more potent DAP's but slap an amp on it and these really come into their own.
@Hawaiibadboy Nice review on YouTube. Thanks for the shout out. Regarding the “ghetto cable” maybe @PETEREK can make a better one or check out the one Audeze makes for the LCDi4 https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcdi4-premium-braided-cable

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #4,809 of 7,352
Feb 5, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #4,812 of 7,352
Feb 6, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #4,813 of 7,352
Hi Everyone.

Been a member for a while but never usually post. Just love reading and learning from you guys. Quick bio, love headphones. Think it comes from being a kid and my dad buying me a Sony Walkman and Sony Headphones (1980 approx). And I was hooked. My own personal concert in my head :).

Owned a few over the years and loved all of them for their own merits. From cheap to expensive.

Right now I am using a Chord Mojo from an iPhone with Isine 10! Love this combo but no idea about eq. I am using VOX on iPhone, an amazing music app. All my music stored in the (loop) cloud for streaming in lossless. Honestly highly recommend it. And it comes with a parametric eq, but I don't have a clue how to use it. I have read the whole thread so far, seen the amazing Kmann eq settings and still none the wiser how to set it up. Without eq the sines shine out of the Mojo, so I can only imagine how they would with

If any one (Kmann???) could help me I would be so appreciative.

Kind regards

and hopefully I will start posting more :)

Thank you for sharing your background and congrats on your purchase of iSine10s.

I have seen VOX mentioned a few times, but did not know it had parametric EQ options and the support of some streaming music (Spotify), a very good find. Good enough for me to try for $3.99.

I like the 5 band parametric EQ option they provide and the UI is very intuitive and simple.
  1. Go to settings -> Equalizer and Audio Settings -> EQ presets tab
  2. Choose Flat 5-band from the list (the one before the last, if you scroll down)
  3. Then select Prametric EQ. You will see >- O O O -<
  4. The first one is a Low shelf (LS) the middle three are Peak (P1, P2, P3) and the last one is a High shelf (HS) filter.
  5. You select each one in the order I listed below, when you select one it is highlighted in yellow and the Frequency , Gain and Q values will be shown on top.
  6. If you move the marker up or down, it affects the gain. If you move the marker sideways tor right or left, it changes the frequency and if you use pinch with two fingers away or towards each other it affects Q..
  7. Once you are done Save preset (bottom left)
Note that you need not be ultra precise, if the frequency is off by a little or similarly if the gain is off by .1dB it is also OK. Try to get Q to match the values I list and feel free to change it for your needs, it allows real-time adjustment of the EQ, which is nice.

LS: Gain 6 dB, Frequency 136.7Hz, Q 0.3
P1: Gain -1.5 dB, Frequency 1.45kHz, Q 1.2
P2: Gain 8 dB, Frequency 3kHz, Q 2.1
P3: Gain -5 dB, Frequency 10kHz, Q 3
HS: Gain 3dB, Frequency 13.3kHz, Q1

Edited: Q, Max supported by VOX is 3

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #4,814 of 7,352
Thanks for the advice and questions from everyone. So, I downloaded the EPO on my pc. Do I need to use the Reveal plugin and the EQ settings above to get the best sound or do the EQ settings mirror the Reveal plugin?

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #4,815 of 7,352
Thanks for the advice and questions from everyone. So, I downloaded the EPO on my pc. Do I need to use the Reveal plugin and the EQ settings above to get the best sound or do the EQ settings mirror the Reveal plugin?

You should be good if you just select the headphone model from the drop down and set the gain to -3dB. Set it to -7dB if you listen to low DR tracks. The above settings were specific to VOX app on iOS.

I you need help with APO, please refer my post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back