Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 31, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #4,786 of 7,352
Yeah I was thinking of the 10’s or the m300 but probably the 10’s and no Lx because theyre so ugly.
But when you said the 10’s can be had online for $210 was that a typo? Everywhere I look they’re $399 with cypher cable and $349 without

No no, not typo. I've seen them go as low as $180, new unopened, as a rule they are all new, unopened.
Without Cipher unopened box of isine 10 sold for $180 few days ago, US seller. All sellers are from US, some in UK.
If you're in US, no tax no import duty, that we, outside US must pay, usually around 20 percent in many countries, but they factor in shipping cost as well, so it can be quite high. Shipping alone from US to Europe and Asia is usually $40, often more, USPS Priority.

Audeze iSines have authorized dealer in Bangkok, isine 10 retail 16.000 Thai Baht = $510 USD. So everyone is looking other options. Isine 20 retail 26.000 THB.

Main worry buying online is warranty, but I think every isine comes with plastic warranty card with SN, part of package, but better ask before.

I'm keeping an eye on 10, need to buy a spare set, and I want to pay as little as possible, of course.
Look:

001 isine ebay.jpg

I'm browsing search results, at the moment $240 seems lowest, but I see them $210 often.

And don't pay attention to shipping cost on screen cap, eBay calculates shipping automatically based on buyer's location, I'm in Asia right now. Within US shipping is low, box weights nearly nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-31-19-43-50-213_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-31-19-43-50-213_com.android.chrome.png
    735.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #4,787 of 7,352
Yeah I was thinking of the 10’s or the m300 but probably the 10’s and no Lx because theyre so ugly.
But when you said the 10’s can be had online for $210 was that a typo? Everywhere I look they’re $399 with cypher cable and $349 without
For your type of use it wont justify the price to buy the isine 20's probably but they are significant better than the isine 10

But not better like "2times the price better" more better like 15 - 20% better (but thats how it works in high fedility ranges, bit more better but price goes way more up)
Soundstage goes wider, it has more detail (more layers) and soundsignature is more refined, even more beatiful, mid's are warmer and high's are more refined too
The isine 10 or the LX are good in either way also, especially for their price

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #4,789 of 7,352
Not sure if this has been posted yet. But the V2 Cipher cable is available on Audeze’s website. Retails for 120 but can be had 60 off if you have registered an Audeze device and apply coupon code CIPHER. Might be a decent deal for a less bulkier cable, assuming you don’t have it already.

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #4,791 of 7,352
Hello Everyone

Brand new subscriber to Head-Fi and essentially an audio-amateur and looking for some help - I own a pair of iSine10s - this was my first step up, at least financially, from a pair of DT990s that I've owned for four or five years (I should add that it's a quantum leap in terms of performance) and, whilst this is a slightly contentious view, I vastly prefer the iSines through the Cipher cable. And I have a problem...

I don't want to be restricted to my phone to experience the Cipher sound - and, having read my way through this entire thread (and thanks to everyone that's contributed), some commenters are saying that the Cipher sound can be closely replicated or even improved with a DAC / Amp EQ combination.

Here's the conundrum: I stream all my music either through my browser (SoundCloud or YouTube or through other websites), and my laptop is a 2017 MacBook Pro. The question is this: does anyone know the best combination of DAC / Amp and EQ (and cable perhaps) to get me as close to the Cipher sound as possible, given that I'm running macOS Sierra and my music is streamed rather than saved locally? The ideal solution would not involve a paying subscription to a site or service... but I'm willing to go to the ~£300 ($400) mark for the right hardware.

Big thanks...

MFM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to quickly follow up on my post (all the way back in September) and say that if you're looking to listen to the iSines on a mac, then download Audio Hijack (http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/). It has an EQ built in as standard, is a doddle to set up, and I've used a variety of the EQ settings that other writers have recommended - I would say that I get it ~90% Cipher quality (I'm running on the latest MacBook Pro), and sometimes, on the right song, it at least matches Cipher quality. On top of that, I'm a basshead at times, and the EQ allows me to satisfy that when I need it in a way that the Cipher doesn't - definitely worth a look. I find I don't need an amplifier to achieve great quality and in fact run it without one.

Kudos to Audeze's KMann for some encouraging private messages - 10/10 that in a world of Big Corp there are firms out there wanting to help customers all the way form the top.

Great stuff.

MFM

Feb 3, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #4,792 of 7,352
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to quickly follow up on my post (all the way back in September) and say that if you're looking to listen to the iSines on a mac, then download Audio Hijack (http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/). It has an EQ built in as standard, is a doddle to set up, and I've used a variety of the EQ settings that other writers have recommended - I would say that I get it ~90% Cipher quality (I'm running on the latest MacBook Pro), and sometimes, on the right song, it at least matches Cipher quality. On top of that, I'm a basshead at times, and the EQ allows me to satisfy that when I need it in a way that the Cipher doesn't - definitely worth a look. I find I don't need an amplifier to achieve great quality and in fact run it without one.

Kudos to Audeze's KMann for some encouraging private messages - 10/10 that in a world of Big Corp there are firms out there wanting to help customers all the way form the top.

Great stuff.

MFM

Just checked this out and it looks really useful, but is the equaliser and different from the one built into iTunes?

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #4,793 of 7,352
I think I've finally found the proper EQ for the iSine 10 (for my taste, who likes the HD650 signature with a notch around 6KHz and a boost from 150Hz and below):
Preamp: -3.5 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 135,0 Hz Gain -2,8 dB Q 0,25
Filter 2: ON HS Fc 135,0 Hz Gain -6,0 dB Q 0,25
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 2650,0 Hz Gain 8,3 dB Q 3,00
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 5350,0 Hz Gain 3,0 dB Q 1,34
Filter 5: ON HS Fc 13328,0 Hz Gain 5,5 dB Q 1,40
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 4600,0 Hz Gain 3,0 dB Q 7,00

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #4,795 of 7,352
The 10-band EQ is native to Audio Hijack - i.e., it comes with the download. Other features include a volume overdrive which is handy if you really want to crank it up and a host of other stuff that I haven't looked at. The EQ allows you to set a load of presets which you can switch between if you move from e.g., Rock to Electronic. An Audeze researcher advised the following DACs in the $400 range for the iSines, in order of preference: Chord Mojo; iFi Micro iDSD (the silver version) and Oppo HA-2.

Sorry just reread your post - I don't use the iTunes EQ so unable to say...

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #4,796 of 7,352
Took delivery of some 10's a couple of hours ago super happy with them, last open backed planar I owned was an LCD 2 Fazor which I loved well I loved the sound signature but in the end sold due to weight/comfort issues these are such a refreshing change for me really comfortable. Just a quick post to say thanks for the EQ settings never really messed with Equaliser APO or EQ in general for that matter but it certainly has an improvement on these. Now if I could find something that worked system wide on my Note 8 I would be even more happy looks like I am going to have to root it which I would rather not. Any recommendations on good EQ apps for android or is Viper/Root the only real way to go tried a few of the store but no great success so far. Cheers Rob

ps - Best Audio bargain I have had in long time, picked these up £164.95 new in the box with apple cable,

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #4,797 of 7,352
My warranty repaired iSine 20’s finally arrived yesterday, I’d forgotten how great the bass is on these guys. Threw some Bach Tocatta und Fuge at them, they were shaking so much they tickled my ears!

Also received the Spinfits, I’m surprised, they are a nice addition to the Comply 600.
What was the model number on the Spinfits? Where did you find them? I've had a hard time trying to find them locally.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #4,798 of 7,352
Spinfit CP155 is the lineup that was made for the Audeze isine series. They got a store on Amazon too, but sadly they don’t ship to Belgium/me. Unfortunelatey not extra small size exists in cp155

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #4,800 of 7,352
A few more hours on-board #batshitcrazy they are for the form factor which was a big part of my curiosity to try they are not full size LCD's but amazing none the less, been away from the audio head fi scene for a good 12 month's but the isine 10 has very much re-ignited that gas would love to try the the 20's for a comparison and earn enough to sample the 4. Not even feeding them overly well on my pc Korg 100m and dragonfly red as sold all my hi end gear a year ago with . Fantastic bit of kit if you are on the fence jump off promptly.

After selling the majority of my gear had allot going on at the time more of a necessity that anything, been using Sure 535 with the red on a phone mostly and gaming with a AKG 702 65th anniversary so have been away from heavy weights planar driven well, do not think its been to long though to have a new placebo love on the isine they are special. dangerous times ahead audio gear love re-engaged. Forget the fact they are super comfy for me.

Thanks Br777 for eq certainly an improvement.

Preamp: -7 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 6 dB Q .1

Opinion was so mixed it was a punt, glad I took it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back