Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,701 of 7,352
I listened to the cipher cable today - it sounds pretty good and I think the audio source wasn't the greatest. While I would never use an iPhone I wouldn't mind picking up something that I can use with this cable - what would be the cheapest option - ipod ?

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #2,705 of 7,352
Total noob here on eq. I am using USB audio pro. Can someone help me achieve this eq for analogue? Thanks.

With USB audio pro with Analog cable, I think you have two options.
  1. Use the 10 band graphic EQ which looks similar to the one in Audeze app, you can begin with the settings I posted here
  2. I think you can also make a in-app purchase and get the 6 band Parametric EQ from Tonebooster ($1.99), if you want to go this route, let me know and I can suggest some options.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,706 of 7,352
Hello
I ordered the isine20 few days ago.
What is the best compact dac/amp for this for the 3.5mm?
Dragonfly red?

Thanks
Probably anything that would be the best with any other headphone? The isines don't require any coloration from the amp to sound good, so go with what fits the best to your budget and use. They di scale well with amps though.

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2,708 of 7,352
Wonder how they work with ifi micro idsd and dragonfly red.
If someone will have the chance to use with either of them please update.
Thanks
The iFi Micro iDSD BL is plenty adequate with the LCD-i4. And I'm using Eco mode , iem match off. So there's still plenty of juice left untapped

Jun 14, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,709 of 7,352
I run them out of a shanling M5 and an Aune B1 class A amp. Flat EQ and they sound amazing. I tried my iphone 6 with the cipher cable but to my ears it doesn't sound anywhere near as good.

JMHO

TWIN

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #2,711 of 7,352
Wonder how they work with ifi micro idsd and dragonfly red.
If someone will have the chance to use with either of them please update.
Thanks

The micro idsd BL works very well with these... several reasons... the idsd has plenty of power... it has a great DAC and when you pair an I device ( ipad, iphone..ect ) while using the Onkyo HF Player app you get real time DSD playback conversion on all of your songs as well as native DSD playback.... you will not be able to get native or real time DSD playback if you use the Cypher cable... Cypher cable does not support native DSD playback...
For me the cypher cable is used only when I don't want to carry the iDSD amp/DAC... so the cypher cable/iphone is for on the go applications... and yes... the idsd bl sounds much better than the cypher cable if you utilize the EQ power of the Onkyo HF Player App...

Jun 15, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #2,713 of 7,352
I can only wear my iSINE 10 for an hour before my ears start to hurt. Will I get comfort improvements with the new groovy tips, or should I get a comply tip instead?
Do the ears hurt inside? If yes, let the tips only lightly touch. I do not thinkt that the groovy tips are more comfortable. They have a slightly better seal without pushing them in. Or is it the outer side of the ear? In this case the new hooks in the groovy package might help.

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #2,714 of 7,352
I can only wear my iSINE 10 for an hour before my ears start to hurt. Will I get comfort improvements with the new groovy tips, or should I get a comply tip instead?
Comply tips are definitely more comfy than stock tips, don't know about the groovies.

Jun 15, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #2,715 of 7,352
I may be completely wrong here, but I believe they should be worn on the ear, rather than fully inserted?. I keep mine in for hours at a time, with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back