Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 23, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,561 of 7,353
Mm..this is the only vid I could find about the earlock (retention ring). Pause the vid at 0:15 to see how it is placed inside your outer ear.

ah , i see .. thanks . that was very helpful

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,562 of 7,353
Have anyone tried i20 with the Tera Player? I am very interested to know about this pairing.
Are they impressive for watching movies?
Thanks for your input.

i tried it with the mojo for 10min and i liked it more with its Cipher Lightning cable , 
it was more balanced for me ..

regarding the movies ,, i saw some trailers and it was like small cinema in my head
so i think it would be very amazing with movies ..

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,563 of 7,353
i tried it with the mojo for 10min and i liked it more with its Cipher Lightning cable , 
it was more balanced for me ..

regarding the movies ,, i saw some trailers and it was like small cinema in my head
so i think it would be very amazing with movies ..

Can you elaborate more on cypher vs mojo. All I've read so far are empty statements comparing both of them.

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #1,564 of 7,353
Can you elaborate more on cypher vs mojo. All I've read so far are empty statements comparing both of them.

no amp, unless it is very very crappy, (or is made to change the sound signature, like most tube amps) is going have anything but a very minor effect on the sound of these headphones.

the cypher cable introduces an entire new EQ profile which very much changes the sound. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,565 of 7,353
no amp, unless it is very very crappy, (or is made to change the sound signature, like most tube amps) is going have anything but a very minor effect on the sound of these headphones.

the cypher cable introduces an entire new EQ profile which very much changes the sound. 

Hmm..I tried using the EQ profile that audeze submitted earlier in the thread and I must say they do sound fuller and more engaging. It sounds as though the mojo is holding them back as it's soundstage is quite compressed.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,566 of 7,353
Well, just tried the cypher cable and now I'm a bit annoyed. I don't understand what trickery is going on in that little cable but it sounds as if they come to life a lot more and that planar bass and smoothness is even more prominent.

Probably gonna sell my mojo now and buy an iPod touch...Gahhh...This hobby...

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #1,567 of 7,353
Mm..only if you intend to use the iSine exclusively. While the cipher cable is a very good match with the iSine, you can't use it with other iems while the mojo is universal, be it iem or most headphones. It is a flat cable. It is not suitable for over ear placement. Drop-down in-ears are exceedingly rare. I can't think of a single two-pin iem that is worn drop down style.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #1,568 of 7,353
Mm..only if you intend to use the iSine exclusively. While the cipher cable is a very good match with the iSine, you can't use it with other iems while the mojo is universal, be it iem or most headphones. It is a flat cable. It is not suitable for over ear placement. Drop-down in-ears are exceedingly rare. I can't think of a single two-pin iem that is worn drop down style.

Well that's the plan. I bought the Isines so I didn't have to use any other headphones and tbh the Mojo doesn't pair that well with my Th900s so might as well sell it.

If anyone in Oz is selling an iPod touch hit me up.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #1,569 of 7,353
don't jump to conclusions about the fit or discomfort.  I prefer the over ear hooks, and have no issue with the cable size or flatness though i thought i would.  No matter how many times i try the in ear hooks, i don't like them nearly as much as the over ears.  They annoyed me for a few days but now i don't even notice them, and at least for me they are much more secure on my ears.

since no one has brought it up in a while - these things are a lot more solid than they seem at first.  I was a bit concerned after a few people mentioned they seemed delicate, which they do, but they really are solid, and while I haven't exactly thrown mine around, they definitely feel like they could take a drop on my hardwood floor and survive, which is pretty impressive from my perspective :wink:

assuming i'm using my preferred eq settings, these things are Awesome for movies!  the spacial feel and bass rumble are both amazing!

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,570 of 7,353
I'm very close to pulling on the trigger for either the 10 or 20. I'm wondering if the price difference is worth the step up. Also, how do these compare to something like the HD650's? My HD650's is what a I typically use when I'm home but sometimes I'd like something a little more portable. For my portable needs I typically use my RHA T20i.

20 is a big step up IMO.

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,571 of 7,353
looks like I'm going to have to get a pair....  
can't wait to try them out on the Playstation 4 VR headset...  
then they will get used with 3D tracking...   should be interesting...  

Sony is also beta testing software now that will turn the PS4 into a 3D movie playback machine via the VR headset.

They released a sample of a 3D concert concept last week with Joshua Bell where you can walk around Joshua and the piano player while Joshua was playing his violin...   it is amazing ...

another good pairing that will be released very soon will be the Realiser A16

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1959366850/realiser-a16-real-3d-audio-headphone-processor/description

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,572 of 7,353
I really want to jump on the 20s too, but I can't stand the thought of my iPhone + cipher cable beating all my other rigs (LG V20, Mojo, M9xx, Project Ember, etc.).

Is the consensus that the cipher cable has a properly built in EQ profile that matches well with these, or is there some trickery going on? :) Really want to use these at my desk with my Grace M9xx.

-Collin-

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #1,573 of 7,353
I really want to jump on the 20s too, but I can't stand the thought of my iPhone + cipher cable beating all my other rigs (LG V20, Mojo, M9xx, Project Ember, etc.).

Is the consensus that the cipher cable has a properly built in EQ profile that matches well with these, or is there some trickery going on? :) Really want to use these at my desk with my Grace M9xx.

-Collin-

Yup!

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,574 of 7,353
which has more warm sound and more of analogue sound is it the i10 or i20, also which has more bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back