Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,580 of 7,353
Wanted to order them (to replace my Shure Se846) but following the lighting cable that i heard is improving a lot on the go, i actually will have to switch from Android to iPhone !. Is that the right approach ?:)

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #1,583 of 7,353
Huh, my experience is quite different from yours. I'll agree that the i20 is warmer than the i10 but the main reason why I prefer the i10 to the i20 is because the i20 has too much bass for me while the i10 has just the right amount.

That;s correct iSine20 has more bass body than the iSine10.
iSine10 is light sounding iems, with great soundstage, super airy.
iSine20 sounds thicker and more mid-centric than the iSine10, you need some silver cable to help , if you want the airy feeling of the iSine10.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,586 of 7,353
Could someone with the isines and cipher compare streaming on tidal hifi to Apple Music. Much appreciated

I started trials of Tidal, Apple Music, and Spotify and compared all three on my iPhone with the iSine 20. Spotify has a nice interface but the other two had better sound. Perhaps listening while doing something else it wouldn't matter, but I elliminated Spotify from the running.

Between Apple Music and Tidal it was a tougher call. Listening to the same tracks and back and forth for hours I do believe it came down to the tracks on which one sounded better. At times it seemed Tidal was better, other times Apple Music. Tidal may have had a slightly few more "wins" but Apple had a fair share too. So since it is cheaper and such a close call, I will end up using Apple Music for streaming.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #1,587 of 7,353
I started trials of Tidal, Apple Music, and Spotify and compared all three on my iPhone with the iSine 20. Spotify has a nice interface but the other two had better sound. Perhaps listening while doing something else it wouldn't matter, but I elliminated Spotify from the running.

Between Apple Music and Tidal it was a tougher call. Listening to the same tracks and back and forth for hours I do believe it came down to the tracks on which one sounded better. At times it seemed Tidal was better, other times Apple Music. Tidal may have had a slightly few more "wins" but Apple had a fair share too. So since it is cheaper and such a close call, I will end up using Apple Music for streaming.

Awesome reply! I'm getting the 20's tomorrow and much prefer the Apple Music interface, but would switch to tidal if there's a clear difference.

Edit-were you listening to hifi and Spotify premium?

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,588 of 7,353
Awesome reply! I'm getting the 20's tomorrow and much prefer the Apple Music interface, but would switch to tidal if there's a clear difference.

Also curious if it was premium set to "Extreme" quality. I've found the Apple service to have the same sound as the beats service. Even the interface is essentially the same. Apple Music, to me, had a very bass forward sound at the expense of balance.

I've never compared Spotify extreme to Tidal but am curious to. Generally, the impression I get from research is that while Tidal sounds slightly better, the overall Spotify experience makes up for the slight resolution gains with Tidal.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #1,590 of 7,353

Yes, I quadruple checked I had each services best setting turned on when I was doing the comparisons. Looking back I actually had to also cancel service, need to follow up and make sure I am not charged.

I went in thinking I'd pick Spotify if it sounded the same as Tidal, I didn't much like the Apple interface. So much for expectations.

@AlwaysFoward, if Apple Music has a bass forward tendency I certainly didn't detect that with the iSine 20. I didn't compare using anything else since I will just use the streaming services with the iSine and an iPhone. I'd also agree that between Tidal and Spotify Premium the UI of Spotify may make up for Tidal's better sound, but with Apple sounding just as good as Tidal often enough (and sometimes better) it gets my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back