Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 20, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #1,531 of 7,352
That's good news, I'm a big evanescence and Amy Winehouse fan! May I ask, do you have the 10 or 20?

I agree with KosstAmojan that Evanescence bass heavy songs are lacking overwhelming bass on the iSine 20 compared to other headphones and my car's speakers. Not even close, actually nice to understand the vocals better. Also agree with the impression on Winehouse, the iSine does better than my other headphones with her music (senn hd650 and allesendros ms-1), by a long ways.

I am having trouble getting your playlists to load right, but I am not a Spotify user and resorted to loading what I think you were linking to, but using Apple Music. Looks like the one you thought female vocals melt in with guitar and also shoved to the background is Melody Gardot. Having never herd these songs before, and quite enjoying them, I can say In It Gonna Come, Bad News, and Preacherman the vocals are not in the background. I get a lot of instrument separation, and the vocals are not behind them or lost in any way. I also loaded up Half the Perfect World by Peyroux. Not sure what is with the static sound in that song, but I didn't notice the vocal being buried. Also listened to her La Javanaise. Here the piano is more forward than the vocal, but not by much.

Heavy Metal I can't really judge as it isn't my cup of tea.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #1,532 of 7,352
  I certainly wouldn't use them if it were raining out and not sure how these will stand up to sweat, so probably wouldn't do this on a regular basis and when it's hot out.

We have a few people using it for biking, workouts etc and sweat is not an issue at all. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 21, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #1,533 of 7,352
Would storing or using a magnet with the iSine hurt it? 

No. The magnets on iSines are much more stronger than the small magnets in clips etc. They might attract and get stuck to the iSines when you store them, but they will not have any effect on audio. They cannot damage the headphones either.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,535 of 7,352
Thank you very much for taking a minute to check those songs boberang.

I think in peyroux's case it is deliberately recessed and staticy to give that 50s vinyl feel. Oh well, glad to hear Gardot sounds better, I'm getting ever more interested in these.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #1,537 of 7,352
Just got a pair of the 20s and damn. This is the first audio product where the hyperbole isn't hyperbole. The bass is so deep and linear but the star of the show is the holographic soundstage and just the overall texture and timbre. It sounds as if I'm listening to instruments, not recordings of them.

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #1,538 of 7,352
linumQuote:
  Since people are asking about cables... I have a linum cable for my customs, and it does not fit in the isine port.  the plugs are just a bit too thick to fit into the isine's ridged slot.  I'm sure the plugs on the cable could be easily sanded down or something, and then it would fit.   I'm not going to bother as I have actually come to like the stock cable.

Few weeks in owning the 20's. Still in love with these headphones with my eq settings.  Still only using the analogue cable.  Mostly listening direct from a rockboxed clip zip.  My customs are not seeing much use anymore.  Never thought i'd say that.  Basically only use them when i need isolation, and trying to get them to sound more like the sines...  :)

How hard would it be to get the Linum cable to fit?  I'm thinking of buying the Linum cable.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,539 of 7,352
  How hard would it be to get the Linum cable to fit?  I'm thinking of buying the Linum cable.

it's hard to say.  the linum plug is so minimal already, but the whole thing is just slightly too big to fit.  It may fit right in if you ground off the lip that sticks out of the port for the other cable, but that's probably not a good idea. Just a reference.  Even then It may just barely fit, or not.  I guess it comes down to how precisely you could shave down the linum plug.  Even if you shaved it down to fit, you don't know how well it will stay in.

hope that helped somehow.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #1,540 of 7,352
Mm...yup, Linum is a no-go. It is slightly thicker on the side to fit the recessed port of the iSine 10. Have the same problem with the Linum fittting it with my AAW ciem (also has recessed 2-pin).

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #1,543 of 7,352
Mm...have no under usd100 replacement cables, except for the Linum which did not fit. So far, I've tried the AK Crystal Cable Next (around usd 800.00) with the iSine 10 . It is clearer than the stock Audeze cable but after A/Bing, I actually prefer the voicing of the iSine 10 with the stock cable. Treble heads may be happy with the bright presentation of the AKCCN cable. Will try other cables as well over the weekend.

For my AAW (W300 AR ciem), the AKCCN is a good match. Another is the 8-wire SPC from PlusSound.

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,544 of 7,352
How is one supposed to use the molded foam case insert in the soft bag if the iSines have the ear-hooks fitted??

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,545 of 7,352
  How is one supposed to use the molded foam case insert in the soft bag if the iSines have the ear-hooks fitted??

You can't.

A couple good options are the Pelican 1010 and Pelican 1020.  Post #1406 shows the 1010 in use.  Either can be had for $11 or $12 shipped  on Ebay .  

The stock Audeze case is super if you can use the EarLocks.  I can't get the EarLocks  to stay in consistently which is a bummer as I love them conceptually.  

inertianinja custom makes some nice earhooks for larger / taller ears, I've bought some and the extra height even though its only a few millimeters ID makes a difference for me,  more comfortable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back