Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #6,976 of 7,352
Audeze, meet Mr. Dremel.

They now fit perfectly in the stock case with the ear hooks on and I didn’t butcher it too badly.

1AB951CC-6DA1-402F-A927-F62411A009DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #6,979 of 7,352
still surprise Audeze charges such prices and can’t include a descent case that would prevent users from having to mod it or mess with it to protect the Isines. I’ve bought Chifi for under $80 that came with a quality case that puts that thing Audeze includes to shame
If Audeze invests more in the earphone by saving from the accessories, I think it is not bad to have no descent case included :D

Feb 8, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #6,980 of 7,352
Activating my "way back machine" as reference:

Some more EQ options
Since I see a number of Head-fiers using the EQ I posted and also saw some feedback on the EQ, I am happy to post two more variations that go easy near 4k. I would be happy to hear feed-back form you and we can even push the EQ to Cipher at a later point.

Edit: V1 variant removed

EQ-iSine-V2.jpg

Please refer my post (#2500) here for PEQ settings, use EQ V2 for iSine 20. Filters 1 and 10 are high shelf. You may have to play with the slope of filters 1 and 10 to better match the graphs depending on the app. You can increase the slope of filter 1 up to 1 if you want the bass to be tighter. You can drop filters 3, 7 and 10 if you are limited to 6 band.

Hello @KMann ... thank you for your continued involvement in supporting your customers. Could you take a quick second and verify that for the iSine 20 the above is still the best recommendation for replicating the Cipher/Reveal in another DSP?

The DSP I will be using is built into the E1DS PowerDAC (arriving tomorrow). It is only 7, not 9 or 10 filters. Referring to the list of filters you stated could be dropped if one is limited to 6 filters ... as I'll have 7 filters, which filter would you keep: 3, 7, or 10?

BTW, the PowerDAC has other DSP capabilities such as compressor and attack/release/decay capabilities. You have any thoughts or recommendation on using any of these with the iSine 20?

Thanx again!

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #6,981 of 7,352
Activating my "way back machine" as reference:

Hello @KMann ... thank you for your continued involvement in supporting your customers. Could you take a quick second and verify that for the iSine 20 the above is still the best recommendation for replicating the Cipher/Reveal in another DSP?

The DSP I will be using is built into the E1DS PowerDAC (arriving tomorrow). It is only 7, not 9 or 10 filters. Referring to the list of filters you stated could be dropped if one is limited to 6 filters ... as I'll have 7 filters, which filter would you keep: 3, 7, or 10?

BTW, the PowerDAC has other DSP capabilities such as compressor and attack/release/decay capabilities. You have any thoughts or recommendation on using any of these with the iSine 20?

Thanx again!
Keep 3; will not touch the compressor.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #6,982 of 7,352
Keep 3; will not touch the compressor.

I actually had the best success just using the amazing little E1DA PowerDAC device's fantastic HPToy phone app EQ's ability to set a background image of the Filter graph (the phone app controls the DAC's hardware DSP, not the PCM stream from the phone; and you can stream PCM from your computer but you use the phone app to control it.). You use your fingers to set the center frequency, pinch the fingers together/apart to set bandwidth, up/down for level, and I created two variations of what you see below. The tricky part was matching you/KMann's curve to the HPToy's freq range, altering x & y size and position of the curve. I used the sharp high Q filters at 10K and 2700 Hz as the key starting points to position the curve on the graph. And worked from there to match the curve with filters at the dotted orange lines you see. It took many tries. But I ended up with two filter sets I'm happy with.

Doing an a/b of music from Roon either with the Reveal plugin active and no filter in the PowerDAC, or Reveal plug-in disabled and this filter active, I'm finding I prefer the latter. And I -far- prefer it to the Bluetooth Cipher. Which is exactly what I wanted for on the go with the iSine20 sans a Cipher cable. (With So so much more power this way too folks, if you find the Cipher doesnt give you enough juice or isnt clean enough when maxed-out.)

If anyone else has a E1DA PowerDAC I have two .tpr files I can share for two variations on the filter you see below; one with a tad more midrange than the other. Yes, this one picture has a tad more bass. Just a tad needed. I like it that way! :wink:

iSine_20_EQ_(c)_HPToy.jpg

P.s. I uploaded the 'bassier' (and 'cleaner' imo) .tpr preset to the HPToy Discord channel if anyone is interested in it. If you own the E1DA PDV2 you'll know what that is.

P.p.s. I found some songs where the cymbals were a bit recessed from how it is on my high-end sound system. So I uploaded a variation on my Filter with a touch more presence to treble. My affected hearing likes it lots.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #6,983 of 7,352
Which is the better option to go with, the isine 10 isine lx?

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #6,984 of 7,352
Easiest and cheapest yet.
Supplies: Super glue, heat shrink, flexible tie, and Audeze supplied ear hook.
Tools: Heat gun, wire stripper, diagonal cutter.
Step 1: Cut flexible tie to desire length. For my ears I used around 8 inch give or take some margin of error.
Step 2: Strip about 3/4 inch from each end.
Step 3: Cut the Audeze ear hook to leave about 1/2 to 5/8 inch hook remaining from the curve.
Step 4: Fold flexible tie in half.
Step 5: Cut heat shrink about 5/8 to 3/4 inch in length.
Step 6: Be prepare to blast the heat gun soon.
Step 7: Lather the ear hook with super glue, the portion that is not the circular curve.
Step 8: Insert the ear hook into heat shrink.
Step 9: Insert the flexible tie exposed wires into the heat shrink from the other side of the ear hook.
Step 10: Blast the heat gun like MacGuyver.
Step 11: Repeat to make the other one.
Step 12: You have to shape the loop to fit the ears through. But it is winter here and glue takes really long time to dry. So wait a while before attempting to shape the loop.

image1greenhook.JPG

Attachments

• image1greenhookb.JPG
    image1greenhookb.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image2greenhook.JPG
    image2greenhook.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image2greenhookb.JPG
    image2greenhookb.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #6,985 of 7,352
still surprise Audeze charges such prices and can’t include a descent case that would prevent users from having to mod it or mess with it to protect the Isines. I’ve bought Chifi for under $80 that came with a quality case that puts that thing Audeze includes to shame

I don‘t get it either. Actually I never understood from the beginning, because the earhooks ARE necessary -why did Audeze not think about making the case usable with them?
First batch.....ok.
But now that they have improved even the earhooks themselves and sell the i3 (which I guess has almost the same internals as isine10/20) for 900 Dollars (!) - why haven’t they finally improved the case?? If you ask me, for a 900 Dollar premium IEM by a premium maker, one should be able to expect that. Also, I would love to see some nicer materials for the IEMs themselves and especially the cypher cable - which is mandatory as well and basically looks and feels like a cable of a 10 Dollar IEM. Just my two cents.
(To say something positive, too : The Audeze customer support is awsome though and here you really get for what you pay).

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #6,986 of 7,352
Does anyone have any recommendations for alternatives to their ear loops? In some older product videos, they included something that hooked inside of your ear as apposed to the hook and that looked way more comfortable than the plastic hooks that dig into your ear.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #6,987 of 7,352
I actually had the best success just using the amazing little E1DA PowerDAC device's fantastic HPToy phone app EQ's ability to set a background image of the Filter graph (the phone app controls the DAC's hardware DSP, not the PCM stream from the phone; and you can stream PCM from your computer but you use the phone app to control it.). You use your fingers to set the center frequency, pinch the fingers together/apart to set bandwidth, up/down for level, and I created two variations of what you see below. The tricky part was matching you/KMann's curve to the HPToy's freq range, altering x & y size and position of the curve. I used the sharp high Q filters at 10K and 2700 Hz as the key starting points to position the curve on the graph. And worked from there to match the curve with filters at the dotted orange lines you see. It took many tries. But I ended up with two filter sets I'm happy with.

Doing an a/b of music from Roon either with the Reveal plugin active and no filter in the PowerDAC, or Reveal plug-in disabled and this filter active, I'm finding I prefer the latter. And I -far- prefer it to the Bluetooth Cipher. Which is exactly what I wanted for on the go with the iSine20 sans a Cipher cable. (With So so much more power this way too folks, if you find the Cipher doesnt give you enough juice or isnt clean enough when maxed-out.)

If anyone else has a E1DA PowerDAC I have two .tpr files I can share for two variations on the filter you see below; one with a tad more midrange than the other. Yes, this one picture has a tad more bass. Just a tad needed. I like it that way! :wink:

iSine_20_EQ_(c)_HPToy.jpg

P.s. I uploaded the 'bassier' (and 'cleaner' imo) .tpr preset to the HPToy Discord channel if anyone is interested in it. If you own the E1DA PDV2 you'll know what that is.

P.p.s. I found some songs where the cymbals were a bit recessed from how it is on my high-end sound system. So I uploaded a variation on my Filter with a touch more presence to treble. My affected hearing likes it lots.

Hi,

Appreciate your efforts. Can you please share both iSine20 .tpr eq setting files for the E1DA PDV2. I'm struggling to find eq settings in the tpr format.

Many thanks

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #6,988 of 7,352
Hi,

Appreciate your efforts. Can you please share both iSine20 .tpr eq setting files for the E1DA PDV2. I'm struggling to find eq settings in the tpr format.

Many thanks
I didnt try to share it here thinking it was prohibited. When I just tried, i was given an error that the file does not have a known extension, and was prohibited.

Here is how you can locate it:

1. Assumption here is you installed the Discord app and a member of the E1DA group.

2. Change to the HPToy channel (but I think the search function doesn't care about that).

3. Search for these terms:

Audeze from:m8o#0383

4. You shall see one .tpr immediately and scroll down for the other .tpr file. I -only- use the one at the top with "more_presence" in the filename now.

Please let me know what you think of them/either. And if to your ears it is 'bettered' in any way with your tweaks to my filter EQ curve.

Btw, if anyone has an Ether Flow C I created a .tpr that I find amazingly revealing. Really elevates that headphone to the level it is capable of, to my ears. I have not uploaded it yet. I will eventually after returning to it with fresh ears. But I'll speed that up if anyone is interested in giving it a try.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #6,989 of 7,352
So I received a iSINE Bluetooth cable with the iSINE20's I bought and gotta say...this thing is pretty dang weak. If "comfortable" listening levels with any other headphone are say a 7 out of 10 this cable is like a 4...definitely a few volume notches lower. This is as well with all volumes maxed on the phone and the cable so that's not an issue.

Even my cheap $20 Bluetooth cable gets louder...not by much but I'd say maybe a 5/5.5 out of 10.

So yeah, anyone else find their cable equally underwhelming? Like the sound quality is decent...I don't think it's broken, would be a weird break if it was I think.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #6,990 of 7,352
So I received a iSINE Bluetooth cable with the iSINE20's I bought and gotta say...this thing is pretty dang weak. If "comfortable" listening levels with any other headphone are say a 7 out of 10 this cable is like a 4...definitely a few volume notches lower. This is as well with all volumes maxed on the phone and the cable so that's not an issue.

Even my cheap $20 Bluetooth cable gets louder...not by much but I'd say maybe a 5/5.5 out of 10.

So yeah, anyone else find their cable equally underwhelming? Like the sound quality is decent...I don't think it's broken, would be a weird break if it was I think.
I would agree if we were talking about the LCDi4. That phone is just too hungry for the Bluetooth cable, IMO. I used the LCDi4 Bluetooth cable with my iSine 20, and the volume was more than acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back