Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 28, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #6,991 of 7,352
I would agree if we were talking about the LCDi4. That phone is just too hungry for the Bluetooth cable, IMO. I used the LCDi4 Bluetooth cable with my iSine 20, and the volume was more than acceptable.

Are all Audeze Bluetooth cables not the same? Is the LCDi4 BT cable not just the normal iSINE BT cable? Also what's acceptable? For me even in a quiet area I could certain use a couple additional volume notches for them to be acceptable with a preferred 3 or 4 more notches to really kick things up it a slightly less than completely quiet environment.

Like, can you listen comfortably to the iSINE20 at max volume like I can?

Also mad jealous of the i4...hows it compare to the iSINE20? I honestly find the iSINE to go toe to toe with even my HE-560 v3's. They're pretty impressive planars and not just for their size. Actually thinking of selling both for the i3...

Feb 29, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #6,992 of 7,352
Are all Audeze Bluetooth cables not the same?
Nope. There is one for the EQ curve of iSine# and one for i#.

To answer the previous question. I have highly affected hearing from years of keeping my head in or near a Marshall guitar amp speakers, standing in front of speakers in clubs and concerts, and decades of headphones on 11 (in the days when players.only output 1v at least). And I -often- find BT headphones don't quite get anywhere near loud enough for me. But the iSine BT cable w/my iSine20 is usually sufficient.

Yes, it definitely does not reach the level that the E1DA PowerDAC V2 with integrated DSP using the Cipher eq curve can (post a few days earlier than yours). But it's not annoyingly shy of that. For BT, it gets pretty loud, imo.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #6,993 of 7,352
Are all Audeze Bluetooth cables not the same? Is the LCDi4 BT cable not just the normal iSINE BT cable? Also what's acceptable? For me even in a quiet area I could certain use a couple additional volume notches for them to be acceptable with a preferred 3 or 4 more notches to really kick things up it a slightly less than completely quiet environment.

Like, can you listen comfortably to the iSINE20 at max volume like I can?

Also mad jealous of the i4...hows it compare to the iSINE20? I honestly find the iSINE to go toe to toe with even my HE-560 v3's. They're pretty impressive planars and not just for their size. Actually thinking of selling both for the i3...
i4 still smacks the i3 like the little brother it is. I LOVED my iSine 20, til I heard the i4. When I go from i4 to 20 they sound muffled, which we both know isn't the case. i4, needs more power, and is just amazing. Eq the i4 and it's one of the best things out there.

Mar 1, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #6,994 of 7,352
I LOVED my iSine 20, til I heard the i4.

I can't imagine lol...I think the 20's are some of the better headphones I've heard and that's surprising considering what I've owned. I honestly can't decide if I want to keep my HE-560 v3's after hearing these...very similar sound despite driver size differences with the only REAL noticeable difference is the bass definitely having more rumble and slightly more sub-bass.

20's also love EQ, got a 10-band Sansui equalizer and the bass especially is quite amazing.

The i4's will be a distant dream...I'd love to hear them but don't think I care quite that much to drop that sort of coin.

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #6,995 of 7,352
I can't imagine lol...I think the 20's are some of the better headphones I've heard and that's surprising considering what I've owned. I honestly can't decide if I want to keep my HE-560 v3's after hearing these...very similar sound despite driver size differences with the only REAL noticeable difference is the bass definitely having more rumble and slightly more sub-bass.

20's also love EQ, got a 10-band Sansui equalizer and the bass especially is quite amazing.

The i4's will be a distant dream...I'd love to hear them but don't think I care quite that much to drop that sort of coin.

I thought isine was very similar to i4. not until I actually owned them all can I have a good quiet listen to say that it's well worth the upgrade.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #6,996 of 7,352
This might be a bad time to order things but I went ahead and ordered the accessory kit that now comes with earfins instead of earlocks.~$100 Canadian after shipping/handling/taxes ayy lmao. I'm hoping that the earfins will provide better or equal comfort. The earhooks didn't do it for me as it didn't really pull the earphones up for me, and excessive pressure in my ear canal meant that I wasn't enjoying my music as I should. Similar to how Etymotic's tri-flange tips kind of take away from sound due to how much pressure they're exerting outwards from inside my ear canal.

Filter: ON HSC 12 dB Fc 50 Hz Gain -7.5 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 950 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 1.2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1300 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.6
Filter: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 1.3
Filter: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 2900 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 8
Filter: ON HSC 25 dB Fc 3200 Hz Gain 15 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 3800 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3850 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4100 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4400 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 5250 Hz Gain -7 dB Q 4
Filter: ON HSC 25 dB Fc 6100 Hz Gain -17 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 7000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 6
Filter: ON PK Fc 7600 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 8800 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 10
Filter: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 10

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #6,997 of 7,352
This might be a bad time to order things but I went ahead and ordered the accessory kit that now comes with earfins instead of earlocks.~$100 Canadian after shipping/handling/taxes ayy lmao. I'm hoping that the earfins will provide better or equal comfort. The earhooks didn't do it for me as it didn't really pull the earphones up for me, and excessive pressure in my ear canal meant that I wasn't enjoying my music as I should. Similar to how Etymotic's tri-flange tips kind of take away from sound due to how much pressure they're exerting outwards from inside my ear canal.

Thanks for the EQ. I may go back to PEQ over Cipher one day.

The earfins are a HELLUVA lot more comfortable to me.

Apr 4, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #6,998 of 7,352

[
Audeze at one point (August 2019) said the accessory kit would be coming to Amazon.ca but it hasn’t yet. I am starting to lose hope.

Apr 13, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #7,001 of 7,352
Anyone have success with using the Anker USB-C to Lightning adapter with USB Audio Player Pro or Poweramp? I have it working on Neutron (FiiO M11) but the volume control requires software sliding the pre-amp.
I've used the Anker adapter for about 6 months or so with both my Galaxy S9+ and my Shanling M3s, both with no issue. I've also used it, my iSine 20, and my Sine DX with Windows 10, with no issue whatsoever.

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #7,003 of 7,352
Took some tweaking - and UAPP support was very responsive, but I was impatient and just told my three year old to go but mom for an hour and figured it out myself. Poweramp and the FiiO music still don’t work. Hoping @FiiO has some
Ideas.
Hmm...maybe they will. Hope so!

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #7,004 of 7,352
The earfins are interesting and will take some time to get used to. I have small ears so the earlocks were a bit more comfortable for me. The earfins are alright and seem like a solid long term solution considering their shape unlike the earlocks which have a plastic ring around the earphones that actually broke on me once. I also like how the earfins reduce some microphonics.
p.s. Does anyone have any of the larger earlocks to sell to me?

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #7,005 of 7,352

Filter: ON HS Fc 50 Hz Gain -6.5 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 500 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 950 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1100 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.2
Filter: ON PK Fc 1300 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.3
Filter: ON PK Fc 2200 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 5
Filter: ON HSC 25 dB Fc 3200 Hz Gain 15 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 3200 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3850 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4100 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 4400 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 5250 Hz Gain -7 dB Q 4
Filter: ON HSC 25 dB Fc 6100 Hz Gain -17 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 7000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 7600 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 9900 Hz Gain -2 dB Q 10

1585932000261.png
Can't say I like the EQ for male vocals but these are really nice for female vocals...
Is the eq setting with cipher cable? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back