Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 25, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #7,023 of 7,352
Apr 25, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #7,024 of 7,352
Okay, so I was able to find a good deal for an isine 10 without the cipher cable. As a note, can we replicate the cipher cable with a parametric eq? Or does the cipher cable have something special that no parametric eq'ing can match. Because if it's the latter case, I'm gonna wait until a deal with the cipher included shows up. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #7,025 of 7,352
Okay, so I was able to find a good deal for an isine 10 without the cipher cable. As a note, can we replicate the cipher cable with a parametric eq? Or does the cipher cable have something special that no parametric eq'ing can match. Because if it's the latter case, I'm gonna wait until a deal with the cipher included shows up. Thanks!

The EQ depends on what device you are using to play the music. I have actually only used either the BT cable or Cipher cable (lightning with DSP), and always assumed that they had their amps tuned to work best with the iSine.

I'm not sure how well they do with a 3.5mm cable and no EQ and just an amp. I've not been impressed with my iPhone EQ unless only using bass reducer, treble reducer, or treble booster - but any other iPhone EQ setting that adds bass usually sounds bad (overdrives the input).

So, if the 3.5mm cable with an amp only needs a little treble boost, it shouldn't hurt the sound too much like doing bass boost.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #7,026 of 7,352
The EQ depends on what device you are using to play the music. I have actually only used either the BT cable or Cipher cable (lightning with DSP), and always assumed that they had their amps tuned to work best with the iSine.

I'm not sure how well they do with a 3.5mm cable and no EQ and just an amp. I've not been impressed with my iPhone EQ unless only using bass reducer, treble reducer, or treble booster - but any other iPhone EQ setting that adds bass usually sounds bad (overdrives the input).

So, if the 3.5mm cable with an amp only needs a little treble boost, it shouldn't hurt the sound too much like doing bass boost.
Thanks for the impressions.

To answer my own question, the reveal plugin is probably what I need.

May 1, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #7,031 of 7,352
I'm happy with the Morphit plugin, as the result sounds very nice to my ears when I set it up for "iSine 20" > Generic Harmon AE/OE. Because of this I haven't paid attention to discussions about parametric EQ, but I know there are solutions out there. Also, there are some Head-Fiers who have given guidance on using 6 or 10 band EQs instead of the more complex parametric EQs and their related adjustments.

Here's the link to Morphit: https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html I believe I paid $3 or $4 USD for the Android plugin.

May 2, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #7,033 of 7,352
Cowon Plenue JetEffects makes the iSine 10 ... good !
20200502_141239.jpg

May 2, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #7,034 of 7,352
If given a choice,is it better to get an isine 10 with a v1 Ci-her cable or go for the v2

I'd get the iSine 10 with the V2 Cipher cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back